Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 179

Thread: Church fires unwed pregant employee

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Church fires unwed pregant employee

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Yeah, for as much as they'll cry to think about the children, they sure didn't here. But I still say it's their call.
    They are just being good republicans. Remember, life begins at conception but ends at birth.

  2. #82
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    Re: Church fires unwed pregant employee

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Someone doesn't get that accountability is a form of love. Ikari, you really have no concept of what the Church did, you just see "religious institution did..." and you find a way to hammer on them. You attempt to call them hypocrites, which is your implication. It's really dishonest on your part frankly. You can forgive, while holding someone accountable. You can love, while holding someone accountable, and you can be understanding while holding someone accountable. That's the part of LOVE that eludes you.
    It's not the church's job to punish or hold accountable. They are supposed to hate the sin, love the sinner.

    It's up to God to judge and hold accountable.

    Kinda like some part of your basic Sunday School eluded you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #83
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    Re: Church fires unwed pregant employee

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Throwing them out helps how? I'd say they would have to uphold their principles in order to love and forgive her, keeping her gainfully employed so that she can provide for her child; since we're all about the children, yeah?
    Yup, live life by the Golden Rule and leave the judgement up to God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #84
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Church fires unwed pregant employee

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Throwing them out helps how? I'd say they would have to uphold their principles in order to love and forgive her, keeping her gainfully employed so that she can provide for her child; since we're all about the children, yeah?
    So ignore the failure to keep up her end of the bargain and retain an employee who doesnt show good moral character.... instead of firing her and making room for someone who is.... wow you are warped.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  5. #85
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Church fires unwed pregant employee

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    So ignore the failure to keep up her end of the bargain and retain an employee who doesnt show good moral character.... instead of firing her and making room for someone who is.... wow you are warped.
    Am I? So ignore the child and the life of the woman, huck her on the street so that you can employee someone more "Christ like"? That's not warped? Wasn't Jesus running around teaching people to love and forgive? Washing prostitute's feet? Telling people not to cast the first stone? Feeding the hungry? But I'm sure he would just kick an unwed pregnant mom to the curb.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #86
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Church fires unwed pregant employee

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    It's not the church's job to punish or hold accountable. They are supposed to hate the sin, love the sinner.

    It's up to God to judge and hold accountable.

    Kinda like some part of your basic Sunday School eluded you.
    Accountability is not judgement.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  7. #87
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Church fires unwed pregant employee

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Am I? So ignore the child and the life of the woman, huck her on the street so that you can employee someone more "Christ like"? That's not warped? Wasn't Jesus running around teaching people to love and forgive? Washing prostitute's feet? Telling people not to cast the first stone? Feeding the hungry? But I'm sure he would just kick an unwed pregnant mom to the curb.
    She learns a lesson for next time.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  8. #88
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Church fires unwed pregant employee

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    She learns a lesson for next time.
    Yeah, for sure. She'll learn well on welfare. Heck, maybe you can feel better by serving her soup in the homeless line.

    Hahahah

    Christianity has some beautiful morals, but so many fall short of them.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #89
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    Re: Church fires unwed pregant employee

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Accountability is not judgement.
    Yes it is. It is deciding someone is deserving of punishment or consequences and acting on it.

    I'm not saying that holding people accountable is wrong, I'm saying that IMO it's not the role of the church in the name of Christianity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: Church fires unwed pregant employee

    Lol that's great.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •