Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 49

Thread: Mike Huckabee slams Obama for letting daughters listen to Beyonce

  1. #31
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,238

    Re: Mike Huckabee slams Obama for letting daughters listen to Beyonce

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    Well, this campaign didn't go 15 minutes before he decided to attacks the kids.

    It is funny that he make a comment about the Obama girls eating broccoli while in his family it is doubtful they ever saw a stalk of broccoli on their plates.

    Attachment 67178850
    The one in the middle looks like he likes to pull out his piece of fur and pet it every once in a while. "Are there gonna be rabbits George?"
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  2. #32
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,077

    Re: Mike Huckabee slams Obama for letting daughters listen to Beyonce

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Well looks like Mike Huckabee wants to get some points by slamming Obama and Beyonce. Interesting indeed. Will it work?

    Mike Huckabee slams Obama for letting daughters listen to Beyonce

    ...“I don't understand how on one hand they can be such doting parents and so careful about the intake of everything — how much broccoli they eat and where they go to school and making sure they're kind of sheltered and shielded from so many things — and yet they don't see anything that might not be suitable for either a preteen or a teen in some of the lyrical content and choreography of Beyonce,” Huckabee told People magazine....

    OH! NO. HE. DIDNT!!!!!


    OH MAN! What a SLAM!!!! That's Right! Huckabee went ALL UP IN the "I don't understand why they might not think that beyonce's music might not be suitable for either a preten or a teen" BIDNESS!!!! oooooooOOOOH IT'S ON NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!











    ...seriously. that's about as low-wattage click-bait a headline as "14 things that are interesting. The 11th will blow you away"

  3. #33
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Mike Huckabee slams Obama for letting daughters listen to Beyonce

    nothing screams family values like Mike Huckabee, the king of clemency murderers

  4. #34
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,552

    Re: Mike Huckabee slams Obama for letting daughters listen to Beyonce

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Nope unless you think dancing and singing is objectionable.. which Huckabee and most religious types do.
    That must explain why his own show normally closed with a musical act.

    Ignorance is bliss.

    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yFQXTJIs-RI

    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SkeflmkFCj0

    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4eqzNc-8APg
    Last edited by ttwtt78640; 01-14-15 at 08:45 PM.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  5. #35
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,470

    Re: Mike Huckabee slams Obama for letting daughters listen to Beyonce

    I think he is jealous the media is giving Mitt and Jeb all the attention.

    He looks like an out-of-line asshole with these comments. He isn't attacking the children directly, but he is attacking the president's parenting style and it's unjustified. There is much worse music they could be listening to. He shouldn't be taking hits at the president like this if he is preparing to run for president.

    Also, I don't see see where he gets off calling Jay Z, Beyonce's pimp. I guess he could be talking about how skimpy she is dressing, but again, his remarks are highly distasteful and inflammatory. If he wants to complain about her skimpy outfits, he can do so without calling her a hooker and her husband her pimp. Beyonce is a self made woman. She was successful before she married Jay Z, and if she wants to dress in little clothes then that's her decision. All I have to say to Mike is good luck getting women to vote for you if you keep talking like this...


    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Well looks like Mike Huckabee wants to get some points by slamming Obama and Beyonce. Interesting indeed. Will it work?

    Mike Huckabee slams Obama for letting daughters listen to Beyonce

  6. #36
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,470

    Re: Mike Huckabee slams Obama for letting daughters listen to Beyonce

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    "I'm a rich, white, male republican/conservative who's also old and completely irrelevant these days, so how can I further prove how pathetic I really am? Oh wait, I know, I'll pick on popular music and relate it to morals and religion and stuff."

    PMRC anyone?
    PMRC is exactly what I thought of too.

  7. #37
    Sage
    Skeptic Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    10,252

    Re: Mike Huckabee slams Obama for letting daughters listen to Beyonce

    Most of her songs are just fine for kids. A couple of them, like Partition, are intended for more mature audiences, though.

  8. #38

    Re: Mike Huckabee slams Obama for letting daughters listen to Beyonce

    Well guys I just gotta say , music with strong lyrics may ruin children's innocence- by giving them adult themes and ideas. I thought the idea was was to protect your children from the dirt as long as possible....

  9. #39
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,077

    Re: Mike Huckabee slams Obama for letting daughters listen to Beyonce

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I think he is jealous the media is giving Mitt and Jeb all the attention.

    He looks like an out-of-line asshole with these comments. He isn't attacking the children directly, but he is attacking the president's parenting style and it's unjustified. There is much worse music they could be listening to. He shouldn't be taking hits at the president like this if he is preparing to run for president.

    Also, I don't see see where he gets off calling Jay Z, Beyonce's pimp. I guess he could be talking about how skimpy she is dressing, but again, his remarks are highly distasteful and inflammatory. If he wants to complain about her skimpy outfits, he can do so without calling her a hooker and her husband her pimp. Beyonce is a self made woman. She was successful before she married Jay Z, and if she wants to dress in little clothes then that's her decision. All I have to say to Mike is good luck getting women to vote for you if you keep talking like this...
    He is selling her sexuality. I can get the connection there. I just think Huckabee is wrong to choose to comment negatively about another politicians' parenting style when, to all available evidence, the Obama's have actually done a pretty good job protecting their daughters.

  10. #40
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Mike Huckabee slams Obama for letting daughters listen to Beyonce

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    That must explain why his own show normally closed with a musical act.

    Ignorance is bliss.

    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yFQXTJIs-RI

    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SkeflmkFCj0

    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4eqzNc-8APg
    OH so he likes songs written and preformed by male songwriters and performers then.. hmm.. so he is nothing but a chauvinistic pig then? Then again he is part of the American Taliban, so it should not be a surprise. Maybe his issues with Beyonce is that she is a woman and is showing her body, when he expects women to be barefoot, pregnant and covered up when outside the home..
    PeteEU

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •