Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 72

Thread: 2 Albuquerque Officers Charged With Murder

  1. #51
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,019

    Re: 2 Albuquerque Officers Charged With Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    For the 4th time now - What would an autopsy say that'll change that?

    'That' being the fact he was killed by gunshots as the title of the video says.
    Go back and read again. I cant be bothered rewriting what I've already answered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #52
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,380

    Re: 2 Albuquerque Officers Charged With Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Intent isn't a stretch at all. They came out with way more hardware than needed for a vagrancy charge. Then, when the man was clearly giving up, they shot a flash-bang at him. They were clearly looking to escalate the situation.
    The guy was accused of robbing people, and had broken the nose of a female deputy.
    They knew he could be violent.
    Boyd, who police said may have been a paranoid schizophrenic, has a long criminal history.
    In the past, he allegedly attacked people with knives, box cutters, and
    his hands, and in 2010 broke a female officer's nose, according to
    KOAT.
    LiveLeak.com - Police Shoot Homeless Man During Camping Arrest - **KILL HIM DEAD****

  3. #53
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    08-08-17 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,860

    Re: 2 Albuquerque Officers Charged With Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by longview View Post
    The guy was accused of robbing people, and had broken the nose of a female deputy.
    They knew he could be violent
    .

    LiveLeak.com - Police Shoot Homeless Man During Camping Arrest - **KILL HIM DEAD****
    Does that mean the use of lethal force is the first and only option? (Because that is what happened.) If what you are saying is true then the defense for these officers just became more challenging.
    "Every time something really bad happens, people cry out for safety, and the government answers by taking rights away from good people." - Penn Jillette.

  4. #54
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: 2 Albuquerque Officers Charged With Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by longview View Post
    The guy was accused of robbing people, and had broken the nose of a female deputy.
    They knew he could be violent.

    LiveLeak.com - Police Shoot Homeless Man During Camping Arrest - **KILL HIM DEAD****
    What he did previously cannot validate their actions on that day.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  5. #55
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,380

    Re: 2 Albuquerque Officers Charged With Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    Does that mean the use of lethal force is the first and only option? (Because that is what happened.) If what you are saying is true then the defense for these officers just became more challenging.
    No, early in the day we did not know the guy had been shot,
    it looked like they used the non lethal bean bag shells.
    But they were not going up to arrest him for only vagrancy, there was more involved.
    As to how much equipment to take, always bring more than you will need,
    everyone hates to find out you need more than you have.
    The fact that some of the group choose to use lethal force,
    when they clearly had other options, will go hard for the police.

  6. #56
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,380

    Re: 2 Albuquerque Officers Charged With Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    What he did previously cannot validate their actions on that day.
    Of course someones previous actions could justify using lethal force.
    or at least being prepared to do so.
    it just depends on what those previous actions were.
    When the police go to arrest a suspect, who has a history of violence,
    and has shown little regard for the lives of others, it is safe for them to assume
    the person may be violent.
    In this case it went overboard, and some of the police used unwarranted lethal force.
    I think the primary officer was already fired, and now may face criminal charges.
    They appear to be valid charges in this case.
    We do not need cowboy cops, but we also need to understand, we ask the police
    to do an ugly job, and we need to allow them some flexibility in doing it.

  7. #57
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: 2 Albuquerque Officers Charged With Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by longview View Post
    Of course someones previous actions could justify using lethal force.
    or at least being prepared to do so.
    it just depends on what those previous actions were.
    When the police go to arrest a suspect, who has a history of violence,
    and has shown little regard for the lives of others, it is safe for them to assume
    the person may be violent.
    In this case it went overboard, and some of the police used unwarranted lethal force.
    I think the primary officer was already fired, and now may face criminal charges.
    They appear to be valid charges in this case.
    We do not need cowboy cops, but we also need to understand, we ask the police
    to do an ugly job, and we need to allow them some flexibility in doing it.
    Going in prepared to confront a known violent individual is one thing. Going in with assault rifles, a dog, flash-bangs, beanbag rounds, riot gear and whatever else they were carrying is another.

    Unless having a firearm, tazer and pepper-spray is no longer sufficient in subduing individuals.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  8. #58
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,380

    Re: 2 Albuquerque Officers Charged With Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Going in prepared to confront a known violent individual is one thing. Going in with assault rifles, a dog, flash-bangs, beanbag rounds, riot gear and whatever else they were carrying is another.

    Unless having a firearm, tazer and pepper-spray is no longer sufficient in subduing individuals.
    So they knew explicitly what weapons this guy had with him, when they walked up the hill.
    I do not buy it. just because it got out of control, has no relation to how much equipment
    they brought. They did not know what was waiting, and assumed the worst.

  9. #59
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: 2 Albuquerque Officers Charged With Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by longview View Post
    So they knew explicitly what weapons this guy had with him, when they walked up the hill.
    I do not buy it. just because it got out of control, has no relation to how much equipment
    they brought. They did not know what was waiting, and assumed the worst.
    Your comment doesn't make any sense, unless you're suggesting that all cops should only come out battle armor, because they don't know who has what on them.

    They're not responding to a guy wielding knives stabbing people at random, they're responding to a vagrancy charge.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  10. #60
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,019

    Re: 2 Albuquerque Officers Charged With Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Going in prepared to confront a known violent individual is one thing. Going in with assault rifles, a dog, flash-bangs, beanbag rounds, riot gear and whatever else they were carrying is another.

    Unless having a firearm, tazer and pepper-spray is no longer sufficient in subduing individuals.
    Well they are down on the border where they deal with entire secret camps of illegals and drug runners. That's probably the norm when they check things out...they dont know what they are going to find.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •