Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 74

Thread: Romney moves to reassemble campaign apparatus for 2016

  1. #31
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Romney moves to reassemble campaign apparatus for 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    One can question if Crowley was doing her job at the debate, but she didn't lie about what Obama said. That's a silly semantic cop-out.
    She flat out lied to protect the President. Anybody watching the debate knows Romney had Obama on the ropes and he was going down and then Crowley jumped in and lied. The record is clear.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  2. #32
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Romney moves to reassemble campaign apparatus for 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Jeb Bush will be the next Republican nominee for President and the next President of the United States.

    All this talk of Romney wanting to get back into the race over the past month or so has got me thinking, however, that a Bush/Romney ticket on the Republican side would be a very powerful one, one that the Democrats would be hard pressed to even come close to.
    No, Jeb Bush will not be the nominee.

  3. #33
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,908

    Re: Romney moves to reassemble campaign apparatus for 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by canadajohn View Post
    go on, i'll wait. Site the reference where it shows romney said or even words to the effect that "all who are not net taxpayers are completely dependent on the government".
    DON'T MIND IF I DO.

    Mitt Romney presidential campaign, 2012 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    there are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That's an entitlement. The government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. And i mean the president starts off with 48, 49...he starts off with a huge number. These are people who pay no income tax. Forty-seven percent of americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn't connect. So he'll be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. ... My job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives. What i have to do is convince the 510% in the center that are independents, that are thoughtful, that look at voting one way or the other depending upon in some cases emotion, whether they like the guy or not.
    This is what he said. This is incontrovertible fact.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #34
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Romney moves to reassemble campaign apparatus for 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    No, Jeb Bush will not be the nominee.
    Noted - and I remember your various tirades against Bush so no need to repeat them all here.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  5. #35
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Romney moves to reassemble campaign apparatus for 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Romney's campaign wasn't a disaster. He came out of the convention with a lead and then Hurricane Sandy happened and Obama got all the media airtime and love and the Christie seal of approval and Romney lost momentum. Then, in the debates, the media did everything it could to protect Obama's record and even lied, in the case of Candy Crowley, about what the President said in relation to Benghazi. The 47% nonsense didn't damage Romney nearly as much as the Hurricane Sandy photo-ops did. Romney stayed away from the damage sites, rightly so, but a more crass and opportunistic politician (read liberal) would have dove right in and gotten his/her minutes with Christie.
    True. Christie completely torpedoed Romney in a horrific betrayal. After all, Christie gave the nominating speech for Christie.

  6. #36
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,908

    Re: Romney moves to reassemble campaign apparatus for 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    She flat out lied to protect the President. Anybody watching the debate knows Romney had Obama on the ropes and he was going down and then Crowley jumped in and lied. The record is clear.
    Wrong. Obama referred to the Benghazi attack as an "act of terror" within a day of the attack. Any bull**** about him not specifically saying "terrorISM," as if there's ANY DIFFERENCE, is horse**** semantics.

    The completely incomprehensible logistical pretzels people will twist themselves into in order not to contradict the Benghazi Narrative are utterly laughable.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #37
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Romney moves to reassemble campaign apparatus for 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    DON'T MIND IF I DO.

    Mitt Romney presidential campaign, 2012 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia



    This is what he said. This is incontrovertible fact.
    Indeed - those are his words - not your interpretation of them nor the media's interpretation of them.

    And just to be clear, each word he spoke is also incontrovertible fact.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  8. #38
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,908

    Re: Romney moves to reassemble campaign apparatus for 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Indeed - those are his words - not your interpretation of them nor the media's interpretation of them.

    And just to be clear, each word he spoke is also incontrovertible fact.
    So the 47% of people who don't pay federal income tax are all people "who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it"? And you wonder why poor people think conservatives are dicks.

    His words require no interpretation. IT IS WHAT HE SAID. Period. Discussion ****ing over.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #39
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Romney moves to reassemble campaign apparatus for 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Wrong. Obama referred to the Benghazi attack as an "act of terror" within a day of the attack. Any bull**** about him not specifically saying "terrorISM," as if there's ANY DIFFERENCE, is horse**** semantics.

    The completely incomprehensible logistical pretzels people will twist themselves into in order not to contradict the Benghazi Narrative are utterly laughable.
    It is not bull****, unless you're a brain dead sycophant. Obama used the same phrase "act of terror" when giving a speech at the memorial for those who were killed in the Colorado movie theater shootings. Was Obama claiming that the Colorado shootings were terrorism? No. Obama refuses, perhaps to this day, to use the words terrorism or terrorists in the same sentence as any that references Islam or Muslims. He refused to refer to the murders in Benghazi as terrorism because it didn't fit with their line about it being a "protest" about a video.

    Crowley flat out lied by claiming the President called it terrorism. As you like to say, that's incontrovertible fact.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  10. #40
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,908

    Re: Romney moves to reassemble campaign apparatus for 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    It is not bull****, unless you're a brain dead sycophant. Obama used the same phrase "act of terror" when giving a speech at the memorial for those who were killed in the Colorado movie theater shootings. Was Obama claiming that the Colorado shootings were terrorism? No. Obama refuses, perhaps to this day, to use the words terrorism or terrorists in the same sentence as any that references Islam or Muslims. He refused to refer to the murders in Benghazi as terrorism because it didn't fit with their line about it being a "protest" about a video.

    Crowley flat out lied by claiming the President called it terrorism. As you like to say, that's incontrovertible fact.
    An "act of terror" isn't "terrorism." Interesting.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •