Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 87

Thread: Dish Drops Two Fox Channels

  1. #31
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,299

    Re: Dish Drops Two Fox Channels

    Quote Originally Posted by Mavis View Post
    Heads up: This article requires a subscription in order to view. Unless we are WSJ subscribers we can't even see what it says about so called censoring. Do you have another link that speaks to this? Thanks.
    Here's another article. Same gist.

    Dish Drops Fox News, Fox Business Channels
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  2. #32
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,299

    Re: Dish Drops Two Fox Channels

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You're the one railing against the lack of journalistic integrity. I'm betting you believe that Bush was AWOL from the TANG. Do you?
    The subject is Fox. Stop trying to derail the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  3. #33
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,299

    Re: Dish Drops Two Fox Channels

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    I have no respect for any provider that does not offer all of the well known 24 hour cable news channels. I have no use for MSNBC, or CNN, however I would not want them censored. The only network that all US providers should drop is that terrorist network known as Al Jazeera.
    This isn't censorship, it's negotiations. No more, no less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  4. #34
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,491

    Re: Dish Drops Two Fox Channels

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    The subject is Fox. Stop trying to derail the thread.

    You claim FNC lies and insist on journalistic integrity. Since you're all about journalistic integrity, you must be just as outraged at a news org outright lying about the president and using faked documents to support the story. Yes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #35
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,698

    Re: Dish Drops Two Fox Channels

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    So you have no problem with a supposedly credible News Network lying their ass off? So integrity be damned?
    Have the regular programs reported on it or is it just the pundit anchors? The pundits are allowed to bellyache as much as they want, to the benefit of the station, without really losing much.

    Truth be told, the Fox News viewership are some of the most loyal TV viewers out there. I don't see how they will think it is anything less than actions from Dish that lead to this. The Fox News viewers may incorrectly perceive this as an attack on their ideological viewpoint, but in terms of contract negotiations, I would think this only plays in the favor of Fox News.

    The customer has more identification with Fox News than it does with Dish, regardless. As completely sad as that is, they picked the wrong channel to duke it out with.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  6. #36
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,299

    Re: Dish Drops Two Fox Channels

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You claim FNC lies and insist on journalistic integrity.
    It's not a claim. It's a fact. The dispute with DTV is over money. Fox is lying saying it's about censorship. But hey, I'm not at all shocked you're easily fooled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  7. #37
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,299

    Re: Dish Drops Two Fox Channels

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Have the regular programs reported on it or is it just the pundit anchors? The pundits are allowed to bellyache as much as they want, to the benefit of the station, without really losing much.

    Truth be told, the Fox News viewership are some of the most loyal TV viewers out there. I don't see how they will think it is anything less than actions from Dish that lead to this. The Fox News viewers may incorrectly perceive this as an attack on their ideological viewpoint, but in terms of contract negotiations, I would think this only plays in the favor of Fox News.

    The customer has more identification with Fox News than it does with Dish, regardless. As completely sad as that is, they picked the wrong channel to duke it out with.
    I'm not at all defending Dish. I couldn't care less. And frankly I think they are stupid for taking Fox on.

    That said, the Fox commercials are total bull****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  8. #38
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,698

    Re: Dish Drops Two Fox Channels

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    I'm not at all defending Dish. I couldn't care less. And frankly I think they are stupid for taking Fox on.

    That said, the Fox commercials are total bull****.
    Well, none of that really matters in the end. Fox News viewers hold their station with as much reverence as an evangelist minister.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  9. #39
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,090

    Re: Dish Drops Two Fox Channels

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Dish Drops Two Fox Channels - WSJ

    Not "breaking" news per se, but I have noticed Fox is now currently running commercials with Bill O'Reilly here (Seattle) claiming DTV is censoring what viewers are seeing. A total lie. Typical Fox Noise.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Fox is getting greedy. They are trying to pull an ESPN move and jack up their rates to the carriers and Dish ain't having it apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  10. #40
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,491

    Re: Dish Drops Two Fox Channels

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    It's not a claim. It's a fact. The dispute with DTV is over money. Fox is lying saying it's about censorship. But hey, I'm not at all shocked you're easily fooled.
    So, do you still believe Bush was AWOL?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •