Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 70 of 70

Thread: Eric Holder, top U.S. officials no-shows at Paris unity rally

  1. #61
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,041

    Re: Eric Holder, top U.S. officials no-shows at Paris unity rally

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    The only feigned outrage here is yours...
    Do you know what that even means? Lol check your OP.

    As if you cared one bit about those that died in either Iraq, or Afghanistan further than a political pawn to use in sites like this....
    Get serious, I've defended soldiers many times on this forum. Hell, I was just defending US soldiers against right wingers who would have wanted them to fight in countries that don't afford us extraterritoriality. You're way off the mark, and it's showing.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #62
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:11 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,308

    Re: Eric Holder, top U.S. officials no-shows at Paris unity rally

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, since this 2000 in Africa you say wasn't reported on should have been as, if not more important, please link us to something on this....
    Awe come on. Didn't you see anything on it? I don't know your preferred news medium. Perhaps you could do a Google search like "2000 dead terrorist act" or so.

  3. #63
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: Eric Holder, top U.S. officials no-shows at Paris unity rally

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    The only feigned outrage here is yours...As if you cared one bit about those that died in either Iraq, or Afghanistan further than a political pawn to use in sites like this....
    Nope. Definitely you. You don't care one bit about the people who died in Paris.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #64
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,119

    Re: Eric Holder, top U.S. officials no-shows at Paris unity rally

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    What a shameful display. And liberals wonder why rational opposition to Obama claim he is sympathetic to radical Islamists.
    The WH is now publicly regretting not sending a high ranking official.

    White House: We should have sent higher official to Paris march

    The White House said Monday that it should have sent a higher-profile official to a Paris rally where 1.5 million people marched in a show of unity against terrorism. The absence of President Obama and other top administration officials drew intense scrutiny on both sides of the Atlantic on Monday, with Republicans sharply criticizing the president at home and both domestic and foreign media raising questions about the dearth of U.S. presence at the event.

    "I think it's fair to say that we should have sent someone with a higher profile" to the event, White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said Monday. The U.S. Ambassador to France attended. Of the criticism, Earnest said, "We agree that we should have sent someone with a higher profile in addition to the ambassador to France."


    more here:

    White House: We should have sent higher official to Paris march
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  5. #65
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Eric Holder, top U.S. officials no-shows at Paris unity rally

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    Awe come on. Didn't you see anything on it? I don't know your preferred news medium. Perhaps you could do a Google search like "2000 dead terrorist act" or so.
    Wow, that's horrible....So, are you saying that not focusing on Boko, is racist? They are all Islamist radicals no?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #66
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Eric Holder, top U.S. officials no-shows at Paris unity rally

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    The WH is now publicly regretting not sending a high ranking official.

    White House: We should have sent higher official to Paris march

    The White House said Monday that it should have sent a higher-profile official to a Paris rally where 1.5 million people marched in a show of unity against terrorism. The absence of President Obama and other top administration officials drew intense scrutiny on both sides of the Atlantic on Monday, with Republicans sharply criticizing the president at home and both domestic and foreign media raising questions about the dearth of U.S. presence at the event.

    "I think it's fair to say that we should have sent someone with a higher profile" to the event, White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said Monday. The U.S. Ambassador to France attended. Of the criticism, Earnest said, "We agree that we should have sent someone with a higher profile in addition to the ambassador to France."


    more here:

    White House: We should have sent higher official to Paris march
    Thanks for that Tres....Although, the sign that I am taking so much flack from the usual suspects tells me I am right on the mark, and now not even this admission by the WH that they should have sent someone, will quell their middle school antics.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #67
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,264

    Re: Eric Holder, top U.S. officials no-shows at Paris unity rally

    I think this reinforces D'souza's assessment of Obama's view of Europe.

  8. #68
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,348

    Re: Eric Holder, top U.S. officials no-shows at Paris unity rally

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    I think this reinforces D'souza's assessment of Obama's view of Europe.
    Greetings, humbolt.

    Yes, it does, and that's sad. Lots of us do not share this administration's thinking, though, and I'm certain our allies understand that all of us are against terrorism, with all it's disgusting displays of killing innocent people who are just trying to live their lives. They are barbarians - we are not!

  9. #69
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,264

    Re: Eric Holder, top U.S. officials no-shows at Paris unity rally

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Greetings, humbolt.

    Yes, it does, and that's sad. Lots of us do not share this administration's thinking, though, and I'm certain our allies understand that all of us are against terrorism, with all it's disgusting displays of killing innocent people who are just trying to live their lives. They are barbarians - we are not!
    Morning, Pol. I don't think that Obama's absence is a huge deal. It's simply reflective of his views and priorities regarding Europe, which is too bad. They are allies, whether you happen to like the history or not. I think Obama holds an extremely cynical view of that history. OTOH, leaders in Europe should finally recognize that they have a stake in fighting radical Islam that goes beyond simple demonstrations. More is required, and we can't do that for them. So in this case, they're going to have to show me it's more than words and feel good demonstrations. These attacks have taken on a global nature, and a global response will be required at some point. No area has been left free from the barbarism.

  10. #70
    Educator
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    ohio
    Last Seen
    02-08-16 @ 03:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    816

    Re: Eric Holder, top U.S. officials no-shows at Paris unity rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Besides just being a completely unqualified novice in office, he is also an A1 screw up. Although it is possible he was afraid of offending the islamo-nazis that would kill him in a second.
    No, His own wouldn't kill him, just flog him, but since he is their leader not even that would happen!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •