Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: Saudi prince: $100-a-barrel oil 'never' again

  1. #11
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,358

    Re: Saudi prince: $100-a-barrel oil 'never' again

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    Which was why Iran supported OPEC cutting production to maintain higher prices but SA balked.
    They probably would not have cut production. Wanted Saudi to carry their water.

  2. #12
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Saudi prince: $100-a-barrel oil 'never' again

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Why we should use this reprieve just start developing more alternative energy.

    I also think we should subsidize the fractures to keep the infrastructure on warm standby I don't trust the Arabs.
    We need to grow some balls and start investing heavily into alternative energies.

    The second we become independent of oil is the second we can flip all the insignificant sand fleas the finger.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  3. #13
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,149

    Re: Saudi prince: $100-a-barrel oil 'never' again

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    We need to grow some balls and start investing heavily into alternative energies.

    The second we become independent of oil is the second we can flip all the insignificant sand fleas the finger.
    then why do you not flip them off now, a time when there is oil over supply and alternative sources
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  4. #14
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Saudi prince: $100-a-barrel oil 'never' again

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    We need to grow some balls and start investing heavily into alternative energies.

    The second we become independent of oil is the second we can flip all the insignificant sand fleas the finger.
    Then go back to burning coal for electric. It really is that simple. In the meantime, until the northeast overhauls its natural gas distribution system to increase capacity, your electric rates will continue to climb.

  5. #15
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Saudi prince: $100-a-barrel oil 'never' again

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    then why do you not flip them off now, a time when there is oil over supply and alternative sources
    The oil companies are scared, unable to evolve.

    Old super successful companies are almost destined to be reluctant to change. Especially when you start talking about the oldest monopolistic companies like oil companies.

    These companies will actively spend a lot of resources to fight any sort of change.

    It's like an old diseased animal being kept alive just on life support.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  6. #16
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,555

    Re: Saudi prince: $100-a-barrel oil 'never' again

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    Then go back to burning coal for electric. It really is that simple. In the meantime, until the northeast overhauls its natural gas distribution system to increase capacity, your electric rates will continue to climb.
    Unless we're using petroleum to generate electricity, going back to coal isn't going to help much is it?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  7. #17
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,149

    Re: Saudi prince: $100-a-barrel oil 'never' again

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    The oil companies are scared, unable to evolve.

    Old super successful companies are almost destined to be reluctant to change. Especially when you start talking about the oldest monopolistic companies like oil companies.

    These companies will actively spend a lot of resources to fight any sort of change.

    It's like an old diseased animal being kept alive just on life support.
    why did you quote me and then ignore my posted question?
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  8. #18
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Saudi prince: $100-a-barrel oil 'never' again

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    why did you quote me and then ignore my posted question?
    I didn't, I simply did not restate the question so you got confused.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  9. #19
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,149

    Re: Saudi prince: $100-a-barrel oil 'never' again

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    I didn't, I simply did not restate the question so you got confused.
    try it again:
    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    then why do you not flip them off now, a time when there is oil over supply and alternative sources
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  10. #20
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,172

    Re: Saudi prince: $100-a-barrel oil 'never' again

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    You don't trust the Arabs, really? Hey, if you can't trust them, who can you trust? Next, you'll say you don't trust our very own federal government either.
    Unfortunately you'd find many on this forum who are more than willing to trust the government depending on party.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •