Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 266

Thread: Most of America’s rich think the poor have it easy

  1. #41
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Most of America’s rich think the poor have it easy

    Quote Originally Posted by leoborn View Post
    And California leads the nation in the number of children living in Poverty! Why isn't Pelosi doing something for the poor in her State instead of being on the bandwagon shouting that the gas tax should be raised so she has more money to spend on what she wants, which isn't hungry children? Typical politician lying out of both sides of her mouth!
    Haven't you heard? High gasoline taxes actually benefit the poor.

  2. #42
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,918

    Re: Most of America’s rich think the poor have it easy

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    I've seen refugees in war zones and poverty stricken Nations and
    I think USA poor are much better off but only having lived in and been
    exposed to the culture of this Nation don't have a realistic perspective
    on their situation. They don't know real poverty because it is not on
    their scale of measurement. I don't mean anything bad by what I'm saying,
    just like pain is relative to the worst pain you have ever felt. Think about
    that and someone that has experienced truly devastating pain. That person
    has a completely different relativity, just like rich and poor. Extremes of the
    same measurement. Bottomline is poor in the USA are a lot better off than
    than poor in many Nations, but it's all relative.
    And that means it should not be addressed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  3. #43
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,845

    Re: Most of America’s rich think the poor have it easy

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Progressive policies and Government intervention for the purpose of creating " economic equality " into the free markets always produce more poverty
    The things these guys manage to convince themselves of.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #44
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,918

    Re: Most of America’s rich think the poor have it easy

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, I didn't start the thread, but as a Canadian what prompted you to want to start a thread on something you have no idea what you are talking about, as you so clearly state here?

    So, hmmm..Interesting. You start a thread from a progressive media outlet without so much as commenting on it to kick it off, then when someone asks you to offer your ideas, you have nothing.....
    I am on other boards, where people from other countries bring up Canada problems.
    Rules are clear on posting in MSM.
    I left it open for discussion.
    Does it matter where the facts come from?
    Read my posts when you say I have noting. That is bad deflection, same as because I am canadian I should not post.
    We have similar issues and same problems up here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  5. #45
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Most of America’s rich think the poor have it easy

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    I am on other boards, where people from other countries bring up Canada problems.
    Rules are clear on posting in MSM.
    I left it open for discussion.
    Does it matter where the facts come from?
    Read my posts when you say I have noting. That is bad deflection, same as because I am canadian I should not post.
    We have similar issues and same problems up here.
    Nope, never said you shouldn't post, that is your strawman...It does matter where the polls come from, how the questions are asked, how it was polled, and whom they polled, so you're wrong there too...I have read your posts, and find them rather typical, and interchangeable....So if you have similar issues in Canada, then what would you do to solve these perceptions, and problems? That's all I asked, and instead of simply answering you get all defensive, and say you don't have any thoughts on a solution, so why should anyone even bother with this thread?

    If I want to read the bird cage lining known as WaPo, I'll read it there.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #46
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,305

    Re: Most of America’s rich think the poor have it easy

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    And that means it should not be addressed?
    No,. It means simply that the relativaty of the problem must be guaged accurately. I
    just made an objective analysis of the problem acknowledging psychological factors. I
    did not propose any political or social actions or inactions.

  7. #47
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Most of America’s rich think the poor have it easy

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Blaming "culture" is the easy way out. It lets you throw up your hands and not bother to actually inspect the system in which these poverty levels arise. You're really just saying "it's their own fault" but are being cowardly about it.
    Get over yourself, now try your idea of cause. You wish to criticize others but offer no idea of your own. Coward
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  8. #48
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Most of America’s rich think the poor have it easy

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Most of America’s rich think the poor have it easy - The Washington Post
    Most of America's richest think poor people have it easy in this country, according to a new report released by the Pew Research Center. The center surveyed a nationally representative group of people this past fall, and found that the majority of the country's most financially secure citizens (54 percent at the very top, and 57 percent just below) believe the "poor have it easy because they can get government benefits without doing anything in return." America's least financially secure, meanwhile, vehemently disagree — nearly 70 percent say the poor have hard lives because the benefits "don't go far enough." Nationally, the population is almost evenly split.

    Link to the report.
    The Politics of Financial Insecurity | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press


    I guess you would have to define "easy" before I couuld say whether I agree or not.


    Compared to sudan's poor? they have it quite easy.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #49
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Most of America’s rich think the poor have it easy

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Start with temp workers and schedules that change from day to day but they are left on call, in case they are needed. Many of these people work a number of low paid jobs and try to juggle schedules.
    I asked does not every country have the same problem with temp workers?

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Does poverty create more problems?
    How does the US rate compared to developed countries?
    Child poverty in the U.S. is among the worst in the developed world - The Washington Post

    The United States ranks near the bottom of the pack of wealthy nations on a measure of child poverty, according to a new report from UNICEF. Nearly one third of U.S. children live in households with an income below 60 percent of the national median income in 2008 - about $31,000 annually.
    Then you come back with the above that has absolutely nothing do to with my question.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  10. #50
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,918

    Re: Most of America’s rich think the poor have it easy

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    I asked does not every country have the same problem with temp workers?



    Then you come back with the above that has absolutely nothing do to with my question.
    My apologies- From what I have read many temps are on a flex schedule which changes quickly. From day to day these can change. Then notified they are on call, and not called in. A number of people with PT employment have more that 1 PT job.
    I believe Congress is in the process of changing full time as defined by hr to 30. From what i recall it is around 40 now.
    T
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •