Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 266

Thread: Most of America’s rich think the poor have it easy

  1. #31
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,787

    Re: Most of America’s rich think the poor have it easy

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Does not every country have that same problem, yet as you say we have 1 in 3 children living in poverty.
    Does poverty create more problems?
    How does the US rate compared to developed countries?
    Child poverty in the U.S. is among the worst in the developed world - The Washington Post

    The United States ranks near the bottom of the pack of wealthy nations on a measure of child poverty, according to a new report from UNICEF. Nearly one third of U.S. children live in households with an income below 60 percent of the national median income in 2008 - about $31,000 annually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  2. #32
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,211

    Re: Most of America’s rich think the poor have it easy

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Yeah I guess being poor is living the dream. Clearly more people should aim for that dream of being poor.
    There will always be poor people and there will always be low life Political narratives based on creating division when none exist.

    What's needed to help " poor people " isn't forced redistribution from Rich to poor.

    That just makes more people poor as Government policies for the purpose of creating " equity " wind up sucking more and more discretionary income out of the wallets of the Middle class.

    Think Argentina or Venezuela or France.

    What helps poor people is a strong and healthy free market economy thats not being monkeyed with by the Government.

  3. #33
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,211

    Re: Most of America’s rich think the poor have it easy

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Does poverty create more problems?
    How does the US rate compared to developed countries?
    Child poverty in the U.S. is among the worst in the developed world - The Washington Post

    The United States ranks near the bottom of the pack of wealthy nations on a measure of child poverty, according to a new report from UNICEF. Nearly one third of U.S. children live in households with an income below 60 percent of the national median income in 2008 - about $31,000 annually.
    Progressive policies and Government intervention for the purpose of creating " economic equality " into the free markets always produce more poverty

  4. #34
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Most of America’s rich think the poor have it easy

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Does poverty create more problems?
    How does the US rate compared to developed countries?
    Child poverty in the U.S. is among the worst in the developed world - The Washington Post

    The United States ranks near the bottom of the pack of wealthy nations on a measure of child poverty, according to a new report from UNICEF. Nearly one third of U.S. children live in households with an income below 60 percent of the national median income in 2008 - about $31,000 annually.
    How would you solve this?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #35
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,289

    Re: Most of America’s rich think the poor have it easy

    I've seen refugees in war zones and poverty stricken Nations and
    I think USA poor are much better off but only having lived in and been
    exposed to the culture of this Nation don't have a realistic perspective
    on their situation. They don't know real poverty because it is not on
    their scale of measurement. I don't mean anything bad by what I'm saying,
    just like pain is relative to the worst pain you have ever felt. Think about
    that and someone that has experienced truly devastating pain. That person
    has a completely different relativity, just like rich and poor. Extremes of the
    same measurement. Bottomline is poor in the USA are a lot better off than
    than poor in many Nations, but it's all relative.

  6. #36
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Most of America’s rich think the poor have it easy

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    There will always be poor people and there will always be low life Political narratives based on creating division when none exist.

    What's needed to help " poor people " isn't forced redistribution from Rich to poor.

    That just makes more people poor as Government policies for the purpose of creating " equity " wind up sucking more and more discretionary income out of the wallets of the Middle class.

    Think Argentina or Venezuela or France.

    What helps poor people is a strong and healthy free market economy thats not being monkeyed with by the Government.
    That didn't happen in Latin America. When Chile, under Pinochet, tried these free market policies half the country plunged into poverty.

  7. #37
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,787

    Re: Most of America’s rich think the poor have it easy

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Progressive policies and Government intervention for the purpose of creating " economic equality " into the free markets always produce more poverty
    Any proof on that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  8. #38
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,787

    Re: Most of America’s rich think the poor have it easy

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    There will always be poor people and there will always be low life Political narratives based on creating division when none exist.

    What's needed to help " poor people " isn't forced redistribution from Rich to poor.

    That just makes more people poor as Government policies for the purpose of creating " equity " wind up sucking more and more discretionary income out of the wallets of the Middle class.

    Think Argentina or Venezuela or France.

    What helps poor people is a strong and healthy free market economy thats not being monkeyed with by the Government.
    Ever been poor, ever struggled from pay day to pay day. When 1 seemingly minor expense in your life is a huge impediment in anther's?

    The economy of PT employment, of which many poor are a part of has changed diagrammatically over the last 10 years or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  9. #39
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,787

    Re: Most of America’s rich think the poor have it easy

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    How would you solve this?
    Me I am Canadian, No idea how your various programs work, but I am sure income cutoffs from benefits impact in the wrong way, instead a gradual decline so that would/could be in need of changing.
    PT workers- defined schedules. is another.
    Tell me as you live there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  10. #40
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Most of America’s rich think the poor have it easy

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Me I am Canadian, No idea how your various programs work, but I am sure income cutoffs from benefits impact in the wrong way, instead a gradual decline so that would/could be in need of changing.
    PT workers- defined schedules. is another.
    Tell me as you live there.
    Well, I didn't start the thread, but as a Canadian what prompted you to want to start a thread on something you have no idea what you are talking about, as you so clearly state here?

    So, hmmm..Interesting. You start a thread from a progressive media outlet without so much as commenting on it to kick it off, then when someone asks you to offer your ideas, you have nothing.....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •