Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 312

Thread: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by [W:186, 217, 273]

  1. #81
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    What?
    There's a billion Muslims. They can't take on a few terrorists?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #82
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    What?
    The common refrain heard from the kneejerk defenders of Islam is that the VAST majority of Islam stands in opposition to the very miniscule, almost unworthy of mention, infinitesimally tiny virtually non-existent faction of fundamentalist, extremist Muslims. Now...you and me...we KNOW better. We know there are LARGE...VERY SIGNIFICANT numbers of extremist fundamentalists and that they find safe havens in Muslim countries and population groups around the world and you bet...those Fundamentalists would absolutely target 'Muslims' if they dare to take an aggressive and terrorist stance. Thats why fundamentalist extremism is growing. Thats why it is spreading across the globe. Thats why something has to be done about it and why posting a tweet isnt going to cut it.

  3. #83
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,876

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    There's a billion Muslims. They can't take on a few terrorists?
    Easy for you to say when you don't have a gun in your face.

    Also cute that you're using that quote of mine in your signature when it's already been shown to you where it came from.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #84
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,876

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    The common refrain heard from the kneejerk defenders of Islam is that the VAST majority of Islam stands in opposition to the very miniscule, almost unworthy of mention, infinitesimally tiny virtually non-existent faction of fundamentalist, extremist Muslims. Now...you and me...we KNOW better. We know there are LARGE...VERY SIGNIFICANT numbers of extremist fundamentalists and that they find safe havens in Muslim countries and population groups around the world and you bet...those Fundamentalists would absolutely target 'Muslims' if they dare to take an aggressive and terrorist stance. Thats why fundamentalist extremism is growing. Thats why it is spreading across the globe. Thats why something has to be done about it and why posting a tweet isnt going to cut it.
    That's not the common refrain. That is what we call a strawman. Absolutely nobody is making the ludicrous claim you posted that it's the entire Muslim world against four or five people (even if that was hyperbole). Obviously there's enough radicalized Muslims for US to crap our pants in fear every time one of them acts like an asshole -- how do you think normal people who live where these nutjobs do, who are just trying to get by in life feel? Even if it's 1 in 100 or 1 in 1,000 who's a murderous crazy, that one person is enough to blow up a market.

    Again, it's very easy to sit here from the relative safety of U.S. soil and criticize Abdul Bag-O-Donuts for not doing HIS part to criticize people who can blow up his house tomorrow if they want to.

    "Posting a tweet isn't going to cut it." And if that's all anyone was doing, that might be a valid point.

    Is there any evidence that fundamentalist extremism is "growing," or, rather is it simply becoming more organized?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #85
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Easy for you to say when you don't have a gun in your face.

    Also cute that you're using that quote of mine in your signature when it's already been shown to you where it came from.
    There's a damn good reason there isn't a gun in my face.

    You call someone a moron, then mispell moron...that's golden!...LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #86
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    That's not the common refrain. That is what we call a strawman. Absolutely nobody is making the ludicrous claim you posted that it's the entire Muslim world against four or five people (even if that was hyperbole). Obviously there's enough radicalized Muslims for US to crap our pants in fear every time one of them acts like an asshole -- how do you think normal people who live where these nutjobs do, who are just trying to get by in life feel? Even if it's 1 in 100 or 1 in 1,000 who's a murderous crazy, that one person is enough to blow up a market.

    Again, it's very easy to sit here from the relative safety of U.S. soil and criticize Abdul Bag-O-Donuts for not doing HIS part to criticize people who can blow up his house tomorrow if they want to.

    "Posting a tweet isn't going to cut it." And if that's all anyone was doing, that might be a valid point.

    Is there any evidence that fundamentalist extremism is "growing," or, rather is it simply becoming more organized?
    Are you saying they're all cowards?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #87
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    That's not the common refrain. That is what we call a strawman. Absolutely nobody is making the ludicrous claim you posted that it's the entire Muslim world against four or five people (even if that was hyperbole). Obviously there's enough radicalized Muslims for US to crap our pants in fear every time one of them acts like an asshole -- how do you think normal people who live where these nutjobs do, who are just trying to get by in life feel? Even if it's 1 in 100 or 1 in 1,000 who's a murderous crazy, that one person is enough to blow up a market.

    Again, it's very easy to sit here from the relative safety of U.S. soil and criticize Abdul Bag-O-Donuts for not doing HIS part to criticize people who can blow up his house tomorrow if they want to.

    "Posting a tweet isn't going to cut it." And if that's all anyone was doing, that might be a valid point.

    Is there any evidence that fundamentalist extremism is "growing," or, rather is it simply becoming more organized?
    Hmmm...I suppose for you the best answer IS to hide then. Maybe send out a tweet every once in a while.

  8. #88
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Are you saying they're all cowards?
    He's kinda torn. Obviously. They arent doing anything...but only because they are afraid of being killed.

  9. #89
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    He's kinda torn. Obviously. They arent doing anything...but only because they are afraid of being killed.
    All the Libbos are torn. First, we hear about what the Muslims are doing, then we hear that they, in fact, aren't doing anything and as you pointed out, because they're afraid of being killed.

    From what I understand, Muslims aren't afraid to die; if so, they should be standing in line waiting for their turn to kick a terrorist's ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #90
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,876

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    There's a damn good reason there isn't a gun in my face.

    You call someone a moron, then mispell moron...that's golden!...LOL!
    And it was shown to you where "moran" comes from, and you STILL don't get it.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •