Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 312

Thread: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by [W:186, 217, 273]

  1. #181
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,204

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Continuing the strawman argument.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  2. #182
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,399

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    So fundamentalism ISN'T the problem? Of course it is. THAT'S MY POINT.
    Your point, is to make excuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #183
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,035

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    Strawman argument, but I saw it coming. I ignored no "evidence". I clicked on your hilariously bias links. Also, 20 priests touching children and going to prison for it, is a little different then people blowing themselves up in a crowded market in the name of "allah".
    Downplaying (see "20 priests" when it's more like 6,000), complete avoidance of the argument (by ignoring that the question was whether Christians should be asked to march en masse), and general ignorance of the evidence posted (by ignoring that there have been a myriad of conferences, fatwas, marches etc issued). Well, I'm not shocked at all.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 01-12-15 at 11:23 AM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #184
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,035

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Continuing the strawman argument.
    Ignoring that second paragraph about "all Muslims"? Good.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #185
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,697

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Downplaying, complete avoidance of the argument, and general ignorance of the evidence posted. Well, I'm not shocked at all.
    I posted the Facts of the argument. You posted a couple dozen people condemning the terrorists. Still about 999,991,000 muslims remaining silent. That FACT defeats your argument.

  6. #186
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,078

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Moderator's Warning:
    Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by [W:186, 217, 273]Stop talking about each other and debate the OP

  7. #187
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,674

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Still lying? I posted examples of Muslims discussing this issue, before and after the facts, which is what you seem to claim is not happening. The fact that many of those Muslims are prominent organizations within the Muslim world debunks your assertion that:



    Specially given the fact that there aren't even that many "Muslim" people on American television to begin with (as my links show). These conversations are taking place in the Muslim world as proven by the large amount of links I've provided throughout the thread. The condemnations are happening in the Muslim world. As I've already proven. Continuing to claim otherwise is pretty nonsensical at this point.
    You are doing more of that silly **** you do where you try to tailor an argument to fit your points. It doesnt work. I have said (and was in fact the first to point it out) that the leader of the largest Mosque in France spoke out against the attack in France. I said that it was to be commended. I also said offerings of platitudes after the fact are not what is needed and that what is needed is full time active efforts against fundamentalist extremists by 'mainstream' Muslims. Chiming in after dead bodies litter the street does nothing. Cutting off their funding, reporting extremist behaviors, denying them shelter and safe haven, those things will have an effect. Standing up later and saying "well...gawrsh...we just feel HORRIBLE about all of this" is impotent and useless. Offering that as 'evidence' is pathetic.

    “This is a thunderous declaration of war. The times have changed. We’re entering a new phase of this confrontation… we are horrified by the brutality and the savagery.”
    So WTF does that even MEAN? When someone declares war, is the response a hashtag selfie?

    If Muslims were serious about combating fundamentalism, they would be unifying military action against the Taliban, not allowing them to hide out in their countries. Where is the Arab League on that?

    Bull**** platitudes. Yeah...they made a statement. They showed how outraged they are. They sent a hashtag bomb.

  8. #188
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,035

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    I posted the Facts of the argument.
    No you didn't. You actually avoided the facts. Your role in this thread has been to simply downplay what is actually happening.

    You posted a couple dozen people condemning the terrorists. Still about 999,991,000 muslims remaining silent. That FACT defeats your argument.
    I posted hundreds of links showing hundreds of organizations, countries, scholars, clerics, (representing millions of Muslims, each) attacking terrorism. That you continue to make the unproven assertions above is pretty indicative of just how much substance you have.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #189
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,697

    Re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    No you didn't. You actually avoided the facts. Your role in this thread has been to simply downplay what is actually happening.



    I posted hundreds of links showing hundreds of organizations, countries, scholars, clerics, (representing millions of Muslims, each) attacking terrorism. That you continue to make the unproven assertions above is pretty indicative of just how much substance you have.
    Yes, your links are about a few journalists who are condemning terrorism. Hundreds of millions of muslims, meanwhile, are not.

  10. #190
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,035

    Re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    You are doing more of that silly **** you do where you try to talior an argument to fit your points.
    I tailored nothing. I addressed your statements and showed why they were wrong. Then you started lying about what I had actually posted. See: 45 tweets. If you're going to continue to lie about the evidence being posted while posting links about terrorism - which no one has disputed happens - that's your problem. The average Muslim doesn't have the power to cut off funding to a terrorist organization, deny them shelter or for that matter etc - so why you'd ask that they do that is pretty silly. Your claim was that Muslims weren't having these discussions daily and they aren't condemning. The fact of the matter is that they are and that is proven by the immense amount of evidence showing as much. That you are now trying to distance yourself from these words by more or less stating "Well, it's not good enough that they're condemning it!" (this isn't an actual quote, it's a paraphrasing of your collective statements.) just shows how dishonest you've been throughout the thread.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •