Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 312

Thread: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by [W:186, 217, 273]

  1. #171
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,699

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Continuing to lie about what was actually posted is pretty sad. Tell us again how you "raed" "45 tweets" out my links. It's pretty obvious now that you lied and misrepresented my links because they directly refuted your statements. Muslims are having these discussions and the majority are opposed to terrorism as evidenced by statistical evidence. Continuing to claim otherwise at this point by showing that terrorist attacks happen is just desperation.
    ANyone can look at that link and see 45 weak ass examples of platitudes seized on by people like you to show how much, golly, Muslims are really really really really really really really outraged. Really. Superserious.

    They dont need my response to your weak ass citation. Hell...I ENCOURAGE them...read it for themselves and see what a joke it is.

    Its funny watching you. You were doing fine digging yourself a whole but figured..."hey...**** it...a steamshovel...man, that will get me there faster!!!"

    45 Examples of Muslim Outrage About Charlie Hebdo Attack That Fox News Missed | Alternet

    No...really. Please...read the 'outrage'.

  2. #172
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,053

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    ANyone can look at that link and see 45 weak ass examples of platitudes seized on by people like you to show how much, golly, Muslims are really really really really really really really outraged. Really. Superserious.
    It seems that for you no matter is what is posted, you'll continue to lie about what is being posted for nefarious purposes. The condemnation of terrorism by Muslim groups, the fatwas against terrorism, the conferences on the matter, the polls on the issue simply prove you wrong. Your claim was that Muslims weren't having these discussions, I showed otherwise. There are many Muslims both prominent and non-prominent discussing this issue. There are a myriad of organizations giving out their opinions on the matter. There have been many conferences on this issue throughout the Muslim world. There are marches being held and even social networking movements on the issue (See: #NotInMyName). I posted this information in various links and you continued to perpetuate the lie that Muslims aren't having these discussions. There is nothing else I can do for someone who has been caught blatantly lying about my posts.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #173
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    I would suggest to you that words actually DO mean something when they are spoken or sung by humans assembled. Perhaps subliminal, but they do mean something. That is, subliminal, subconscious or otherwise, they have an effect on the humans participating or present.

    But certainly your point that churches do not discuss holy war is very accurate I suspect. Not counting the small incident at the USAF Academy a few years back.

    But as to civilian churches, I'm sure the subject of holy war is never discussed. But I wonder if it is ever condemned in US churches?

    I wonder how many US churches have spoken from the pulpit against torture? Is a failure to condemn tantamount to condoning any given action?
    In my experience, and based on what I know through friends and family who are religious, churches dont address political issues, which is not surprising. The vast majority of churches in this country exist to provide religious service, as it applies to the inner spiritual needs of the individual.
    The days of Christian holy wars are long gone, as "the church" has been integrated into western democratic society as a whole.

    And no. Churches should not be getting involved in war or politics at any level. Separation of church and state is desirable.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  4. #174
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,699

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    It seems that for you no matter is what is posted, you'll continue to lie about what is being posted for nefarious purposes. The condemnation of terrorism by Muslim groups, the fatwas against terrorism, the conferences on the matter, the polls on the issue simply prove you wrong. Your claim was that Muslims weren't having these discussions, I showed otherwise. There are many Muslims both prominent and non-prominent discussing this issue. There are a myriad of organizations giving out their opinions on the matter. There have been many conferences on this issue throughout the Muslim world. There are marches being held and even social networking movements on the issue (See: #NotInMyName). I posted this information in various links and you continued to perpetuate the lie that Muslims aren't having these discussions. There is nothing else I can do for someone who has been caught blatantly lying about my posts.
    It seems to me that no matter what you will cling to the fact that you posted a goofy article from an obviously slanted website claiming 45 separate examples of 'outrage' which accounted to nothing more than a few tweets and some empty political statements as 'evidence' of outrage from the Muslim world. I get that you dont like having the content of YOUR link exposed, but its rather disingenuous of you to claim that my offering the ACTUAL content from the site, and hey...what the heck...even repeating YOUR link for others to read in case they missed it, as being a 'lie'.

    You ****ed up. Your **** bomb blew up in your face. Rather than continue to try and excuse it...just wash it off already.

  5. #175
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,053

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    It seems to me that no matter what you will cling to the fact that you posted a goofy article from an obviously slanted website claiming 45 separate examples of 'outrage' which accounted to nothing more than a few tweets and some empty political statements as 'evidence' of outrage from the Muslim world.
    Still lying? I posted examples of Muslims discussing this issue, before and after the facts, which is what you seem to claim is not happening. The fact that many of those Muslims are prominent organizations within the Muslim world debunks your assertion that:

    You ever watch any of the exchanges between people like Bill Mahr and Sean Hannity as they attack extremist Muslims on their extremist views every opportunity they get, in camera, for all the world to see? THAT is the dialogue that needs to be occurring. Muslims DAILY need to be culling the herd, preaching opposition to Fundamentalists. THAT is not happening and that IS the problem.
    Specially given the fact that there aren't even that many "Muslim" people on American television to begin with (as my links show). These conversations are taking place in the Muslim world as proven by the large amount of links I've provided throughout the thread. The condemnations are happening in the Muslim world. As I've already proven. Continuing to claim otherwise is pretty nonsensical at this point.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #176
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,697

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    It seems that for you no matter is what is posted, you'll continue to lie about what is being posted for nefarious purposes. The condemnation of terrorism by Muslim groups, the fatwas against terrorism, the conferences on the matter, the polls on the issue simply prove you wrong. Your claim was that Muslims weren't having these discussions, I showed otherwise. There are many Muslims both prominent and non-prominent discussing this issue. There are a myriad of organizations giving out their opinions on the matter. There have been many conferences on this issue throughout the Muslim world. There are marches being held and even social networking movements on the issue (See: #NotInMyName). I posted this information in various links and you continued to perpetuate the lie that Muslims aren't having these discussions. There is nothing else I can do for someone who has been caught blatantly lying about my posts.
    No one is saying that zero muslims are condemning terrorism. The issue is that there are 1 billion muslims on this planet, 1 BILLION, and we rarely ever hear of mass condemnation of terrorism. With 1 billion muslims out there, there should be about 999,910,000 muslim people condemning these terrorist acts, rather than like 100 we've heard from in the past.

  7. #177
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,053

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    No one is saying that zero muslims are condemning terrorism. The issue is that there are 1 billion muslims on this planet, 1 BILLION, and we rarely ever hear of mass condemnation of terrorism. With 1 billion muslims out there, there should be about 999,910,000 muslim people condemning these terrorist acts, rather than like 100 we've heard from in the past.
    Ignoring the evidence posted in this thread simply is nonsensical. Are 99% of Christians coming out to demonstrate against the Catholic priests who abused children? No? Then why is there some sort of fallacious standard of evidence that just as many Muslims should come out in a march against it? Get serious. The evidence points to the fact that the majority of Muslims are opposed to this, the evidence shows that Muslims are having these conversations about terrorism and the overwhelming majority condemn it. Claiming otherwise because "999,910,000" million people aren't posting online about condemning these attacks is pretty ridiculous.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #178
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,208

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I agree, you should stop it. It's pretty sad when you take one section of my post and then try to make it out to be a statement on "all muslims" like you did.
    Now that's a strawman argument.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  9. #179
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,697

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Ignoring the evidence posted in this thread simply is nonsensical. Are 99% of Christians coming out to demonstrate against the Catholic priests who abused children? No? Then why is there some sort of fallacious standard of evidence that just as many Muslims should come out in a march against it? Get serious. The evidence points to the fact that the majority of Muslims are opposed to this, the evidence shows that Muslims are having these conversations about terrorism and the overwhelming majority condemn it. Claiming otherwise because "999,910,000" million people aren't posting online about condemning these attacks is pretty ridiculous.
    Strawman argument, but I saw it coming. I ignored no "evidence". I clicked on your hilariously bias links. Also, 20 priests touching children and going to prison for it, is a little different then people blowing themselves up in a crowded market in the name of "allah".

  10. #180
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,053

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Now that's a strawman argument.
    Continuing to lie?

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1064185647
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •