Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 312

Thread: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by [W:186, 217, 273]

  1. #151
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,076

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_Brotherhood

    An awesome bunch of guys, maybe you should join if they're so good.
    Continuing to put your ignorance on display won't save you.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #152
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,076

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post


    Read your own 'evidence'. Hell no, man...I didnt get past the first cited link. That "45 examples" was sheer comedy gold. 45 tweets, one paragraph statements, and a whole bunch of bull**** platitudes. On the plus side, you did literally give me cause to laugh...seriously...laugh out loud.

    Continuing to lie won't help your case VanceMack. The fact that you think these could have been "45 tweets" is pretty telling. Are you usually this dishonest?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #153
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,210

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Continuing to lie won't help your case.
    Thank you.

    This would be relevant if my claim was that "all Muslims" do this and that. Now move along. We've no time for your silly M/E arguments.
    How is this an M/E argument if it doesn't relate to the Mideast?
    You're just full of surprises with all of these ignorant statements.

    Good, then what is your issue?
    Already stated it countless of times by now.
    Your OP gave an example of a Muslim being heroic and then played on that example to generalize and to claim that it proves "Muslims aren't pro-terror" or whatever. That was wrong on your side, you cannot generalize an entire group of people based on the actions of a few, and that is all there is to it really.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  4. #154
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,076

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Thank you.

    How is this an M/E argument if it doesn't relate to the Mideast?
    You're just full of surprises with all of these ignorant statements.

    Already stated it countless of times by now.
    Your OP gave an example of a Muslim being heroic and then played on that example to generalize and to claim that it proves "Muslims aren't pro-terror" or whatever. That was wrong on your side, and that is all there is to it really.
    Only it didn't. It also provided other examples, like those Muslims who helped during 9/11, the Boston bombing etc. The fact that I even went as far as showing the hundreds upon hundreds of other examples showing Muslim organizations standing against terrorism shows how much of a lie your entire purpose for being in this thread has been. The fact that you've dropped your strawman about "all Muslims" is even more significant. However, as I've said, continuing to lie won't help your case.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #155
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post

    What do they really mean by "Onward, Christian Soldiers"?
    If it were written at any time recently, it might matter, but that isn't the case.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  6. #156
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,305

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    If it were written at any time recently, it might matter, but that isn't the case.
    When they sing it in a church or other setting today, what does it mean, what does it inspire?

  7. #157
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Continuing to lie won't help your case VanceMack. The fact that you think these could have been "45 tweets" is pretty telling. Are you usually this dishonest?
    28-45....all the same.

    34. Arsh Mirzary

    As a Muslim I apologize to the community for the Paris terrorist attack. But it was an act of few individuals not the Muslim community

    — Arsh Mirza (@ArshMirza2) January 7, 2015

    The rest are all a bunch of platitudes.

    MEANWHILE...there are more terrorist attacks than exprressions of 'outrage'.

    Washington (CNN) – As terrorism increasingly becomes a tactic of warfare, the number of attacks and fatalities soared to a record high in 2012, according to a new report obtained exclusively by CNN.

    More than 8,500 terrorist attacks killed nearly 15,500 people last year as violence tore through Africa, Asia and the Middle East, according to the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism.

    That’s a 69% rise in attacks and an 89% jump in fatalities from 2011, said START, one of the world’s leading terrorism-trackers.

    Six of the seven most deadly groups are affiliated with al Qaeda, according to START, and most of the violence was committed in Muslim-majority countries.

    The previous record for attacks was set in 2011 with more than 5,000 incidents; for fatalities the previous high was 2007 with more than 12,800 deaths.

    Terrorist attacks and deaths hit record high, report shows – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

    You like hashtags? #getthe****outtaherewiththatweakassbull****

  8. #158
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,266

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post


    Read your own 'evidence'. Hell no, man...I didnt get past the first cited link. That "45 examples" was sheer comedy gold. 45 tweets, one paragraph statements, and a whole bunch of bull**** platitudes. On the plus side, you did literally give me cause to laugh...seriously...laugh out loud.

    It is pretty funny. The very first of the 45 tweets was from CAIR, an un-indicted co-conspirator in providing funding for arms to Hamas, according to Justice and the FBI. So they condemn the very crap they fund. Misleading some people is very easy.

  9. #159
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,076

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    28-45....all the same.
    The fact that you had scroll more than halfway through the page to find examples of prominent and non-prominent Muslim individuals having these discussions to try and "prove" that Muslims weren't having these discussions is pretty funny. As I've said, continuing to lie is really not helping you.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #160
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,210

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Only it didn't. It also provided other examples, like those Muslims who helped during 9/11, the Boston bombing etc. The fact that I even went as far as showing the hundreds upon hundreds of other examples showing Muslim organizations standing against terrorism shows how much of a lie your entire purpose for being in this thread has been. The fact that you've dropped your strawman about "all Muslims" is even more significant. However, as I've said, continuing to lie won't help your case.
    These examples are just examples and that was no strawman on my side since I've quoted your words directly.
    If someone generalized and claimed that all of the Finnish can touch their noses with their tongues and gave thousands of examples of Finnish people who can that wouldn't make his statement correct, no matter how many times he'd call those who oppose him "liars". Seriously, you should consider that.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •