Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 312

Thread: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by [W:186, 217, 273]

  1. #141
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,963

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Hilarious. I'm literally holding my belly right now.
    Keep holding your big lying belly. Im still waiting for you to prove that Hamas lied on that.

    Glad to see you admitting to the strawman.
    I said you accused me of making a strawman. Read what I wrote again.

    And I didn't claim you have supported the terror attacks in Paris, don't be ridiculous, I said your support for Hamas and Hezbollah is just like the people who support the terror attacks in Paris - that there is no difference between one support for terror and another.
    You claim I didnt support it but then you said its just "like support"? Youre not fooling anybody with your lies. Keep digging that hole, like you always do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Just a quick note; Jewish is an ethnicity, part of the Semite race, hence attacks on Jews are usually racism.
    Islam is a religion, not a race. If people were to make a racist claim regarding Arabs or Persians for example, now that would clearly be racist.
    Judaism is a religion for there are many blue eyed, blond Jews ( I know one very well from NYC) so for you trying to claim that between racism against Jews or Muslims is different is just another sad and desperate move on your part.

  2. #142
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,295

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    There is no American action done in the "name of Christianity" or the name of Jesus. This is not a religious war to us. Maybe it is to a portion of Muslim extremists, but over here, it's a secular issue. This country is not a "Christian nation". The majority of citizens may be Christian, but we don't live in a theocracy, and we aren't fighting terrorism on the basis of religious ideology.
    Right at the formal start of The Global War On Terrorism, post 911, General William Boykin made statements very reminiscent of the general atmosphere of religious wars. How many mentions of 'Christian Soldiers' have been invoked I wonder? Probably more than we talk about.

    I am not talking about a government document declaring this to be a religious war we're involved in, I'm talking about the actions and words of a few of the players.

    What do they really mean by "Onward, Christian Soldiers"?

  3. #143
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,057

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    The likes for this post are certainly overwhelming. Nevertheless to take an example of one employee doing the right thing, and extrapolating that into millions and millions and millions of Muslims fighting off terrorism is absolutely ridiculous. And there is nothing sinister about see that given the lack of facts to support it. Sure I wish millions and millions of Muslims were doing the right thing, but there's no proof of that.
    Your ignorance is not really something to put on display.

    http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php...remism/0013622
    The American Muslim (TAM)
    http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php...ticles/0012211

    Condemnations, fatwas, conferences, petitions, demonstrations, jihads etc against terrorism. All from different countries, all from this decade and the last. Continuing to perpetuate a lie at this point seems par for the course for the islamophobes.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #144
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Your ignorance is not really something to put on display.

    The American Muslim (TAM)
    The American Muslim (TAM)
    The American Muslim (TAM)

    Condemnations, fatwas, conferences, petitions, demonstrations, jihads etc against terrorism. All from different countries, all from this decade and the last. Continuing to perpetuate a lie at this point seems par for the course for the islamophobes.
    Muslim Brotherhood? Really? Nothing extreme about them. I think I've seen more Muslums burning American flags than are on your link. And that list is hardly in the millions.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #145
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,208

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Continuing to lie will not help you.
    No but your "liar liar" argument certainly would, and does, help me illustrate the stupidity of your claims by showing that they are backed with childish arguments.
    Do continue.

    The problem with your claim is that my statements aren't based on incidents of terrorism attacks. My examples are based on statistical evidence regarding Muslim opinion as well as Muslim actions. Keep trying?
    That doesn't mean all Muslims are this and that.
    To claim so is to generalize and that you have not understood it by now is very, very sad and very, very unfortunate.
    I could point at statistics such as the pew survey that showed how a great part of the Muslim world is radical - that would not imply all Muslims are. The very thought that it would is bizarre.

    Lmao, that strategy may work in the M/E forum, but it doesn't work here. Your statements are lies because they're not even trying to determine whether the evidence I have provided is sufficient. They're looking at it from the point of "Oh! It's just a few Muslims", when in reality, it's hundreds of millions holding the discussions on radical Islam as well whether they oppose it or not. The evidence shows that the majority simply don't. That you continue to ignore this is your problem. Not mine.
    This is no strategy, only pure logic mate. Something that you're clearly lacking if you are under the belief that showing some examples for a certain behavior among a group of people implies they all possess this certain behavior.

    My issue is not with the claim that the majority of Muslims is this and that, you may claim that as long as you wish to, but that you have decided to open your post with the statement "The myth that Muslims simply stand idle as terrorism attacks happen is nonsense." means you've been generalizing an entire group of people over this example, no different from those who do so negatively. How is that too hard to understand?
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  6. #146
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,208

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    Keep holding your big lying belly. Im still waiting for you to prove that Hamas lied on that.
    Haha, my belly ain't big mate, just as it isn't "lying", and that is quite the lame personal attack there.
    The reason it is so funny is because you actually believe that a person needs to discredit the words of a terror organization for them to carry no credit. Do you realize the lengths you go to to express support for a terror organization?

    I said you accused me of making a strawman. Read what I wrote again.
    Yet you have not denied that you have no case in your claim about me "demonizing Muslims".
    I haven't, you haven't backed that claim up, that was a clear and obvious strawman argument.

    You claim I didnt support it but then you said its just "like support"? Youre not fooling anybody with your lies. Keep digging that hole, like you always do.
    I'm not trying to, you're fooling yourself apparently.
    There is no way for you to misunderstand my words as they were written originally. I said then what I said now - that your support for Hamas and Hezbollah is no different than the support for the terror attacks in Paris. If you feel I could have been understood to be saying something else you will quote my words and you would explain how. Since you do not do this you're clearly wasting bandwidth here.

    Judaism is a religion for there are many blue eyed, blond Jews ( I know one very well from NYC) so for you trying to claim that between racism against Jews or Muslims is different is just another sad and desperate move on your part.
    I didn't say Judaism is not a religion, I said Jewish is an ethnicity. Two different things. Seriously I question your ability to understand basic texts by now.
    And since Jewish is an ethnicity attacks on Jewish people are racist. Quite the obvious I'm afraid.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  7. #147
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,057

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Muslim Brotherhood? Really? Nothing extreme about them. I think I've seen more Muslums burning American flags than are on your link. And that list is hardly in the millions.
    Continuing to lie won't help your case. Please educate yourself:

    Now that the Muslim Brotherhood is declared a terrorist group, it just might become one - The Washington Post

    Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood is not a terrorist movement, at least not currently. But the move by the military-led government to ban it from politics and declare it a “terrorist organization” may become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

    The announcement followed a car bombing outside a government security building in Mansoura on Dec. 24 that killed at least 15 people; the government blamed the Brotherhood. Now, Brotherhood members and donors risk prosecution and imprisonment, and the ban is potentially crippling to the vast network of schools, clinics and other social services the Brotherhood runs and to the poor Egyptians who have long relied on them. Dozens of Brotherhood members have died in recent weeks in street protests, and the movement is reportedly reestablishing a clandestine infrastructure — learning, again, how to survive in the face of a government onslaught.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #148
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Your ignorance is not really something to put on display.

    The American Muslim (TAM)
    The American Muslim (TAM)
    The American Muslim (TAM)

    Condemnations, fatwas, conferences, petitions, demonstrations, jihads etc against terrorism. All from different countries, all from this decade and the last. Continuing to perpetuate a lie at this point seems par for the course for the islamophobes.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_Brotherhood

    An awesome bunch of guys, maybe you should join if they're so good.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #149
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,057

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    No but your "liar liar" argument certainly would, and does, help me illustrate the stupidity of your claims by showing that they are backed with childish arguments. Do continue.
    Continuing to lie won't help your case.

    That doesn't mean all Muslims are this and that.
    This would be relevant if my claim was that "all Muslims" do this and that. Now move along. We've no time for your silly M/E arguments.

    This is no strategy, only pure logic mate. Something that you're clearly lacking if you are under the belief that showing some examples for a certain behavior among a group of people implies they all possess this certain behavior.
    Doubling down on the strawman? Continue.

    My issue is not with the claim that the majority of Muslims is this and that
    Good, then what is your issue?

    , you may claim that as long as you wish to, but that you have decided to open your post with the statement "The myth that Muslims simply stand idle as terrorism attacks happen is nonsense." means you've been generalizing an entire group of people over this example, no different from those who do so negatively. How is that too hard to understand?
    Tripling down on the strawman? I'm hardly impressed.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #150
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    re: Muslim worker at Paris kosher grocer saved customers from gunman by hiding [W:186]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You still lying about the examples I presented? Good. I wouldn't actually expect you to discuss anything other than the few bits of cherry picked information you want to believe. Tell us again how every single poll in the Muslim world showing a general opposition to terrorism equals "45 examples".


    Read your own 'evidence'. Hell no, man...I didnt get past the first cited link. That "45 examples" was sheer comedy gold. 45 tweets, one paragraph statements, and a whole bunch of bull**** platitudes. On the plus side, you did literally give me cause to laugh...seriously...laugh out loud.


Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •