Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: 2 Hostage standoffs in France (Hebdo killers)

  1. #1
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,522

    2 Hostage standoffs in France (Hebdo killers)

    Charlie Hebdo attack: 2 hostage situations, standoffs in France - CNN.com

    Update: They're reporting the police stormed both locations simultaneously and all the hostages are dead along with the gunmen.

    STANDOFF IN DAMMARTIN-EN-GOELE

    Two intense standoffs with gunmen are underway in and around Paris early Friday afternoon -- one involving the two brothers wanted in the Charlie Hebdo massacre and the other a hostage situation at a kosher grocery store.

    One person is being held hostage in Dammartin-en-Goele, where the Kouachi brothers -- the suspects in the massacre at the offices of Charlie Hebdo -- are thought to be surrounded, France Info radio reported, citing the French Interior Ministry.

    • The gunmen are surrounded, French authorities said. Yves Albarello, who is in France's parliament, said on French channel iTele that the two suspects told police by phone that they wanted to die as martyrs.
    GROCERY STORE HOSTAGE SITUATION

    • Dozens of schools were placed under lockdown because of the hostage situation in eastern Paris, police said.

    • At least one man -- suspected to be Amedy Coulibaly, 32, one of two people wanted in Thursday's deadly shooting of a policewoman south of Paris -- is thought to be holding six people in the kosher store near Porte de Vincennes in eastern Paris, police union spokesman Romain Fabiano told CNN affiliate BFMTV.
    Looks like these jerks are going to take out more innocents on their way out.

    Edit: Live video feed here

    Last edited by Verax; 01-09-15 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Live video added

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: 2 Hostage standoffs in France (Hebdo killers)

    Where are all the false flaggers?

  3. #3
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,468

    Re: 2 Hostage standoffs in France (Hebdo killers)

    There's one helluva firefight going on right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #4
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: 2 Hostage standoffs in France (Hebdo killers)

    Yeah the grocery is over.

  5. #5
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 12:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,691

    Re: 2 Hostage standoffs in France (Hebdo killers)

    Right now the reports are very fluid. What is known is that both locations have been stormed. What is not known is the fate of the hostages. In fact, the BBC's live updates state:

    "Several hostages at the supermarket in Paris have been freed, according to AFP."

    We'll need more time to learn the facts, including the fate of he hostages. Hopefully, the hostages are all right.

  6. #6
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: 2 Hostage standoffs in France (Hebdo killers)

    Just reported, all terrorists dead. 3 of them I think.

    I guess these 2 incidents are over.

    Sending prayers for the people in France.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #7
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: 2 Hostage standoffs in France (Hebdo killers)

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Update: They're reporting the police stormed both locations simultaneously and all the hostages are dead along with the gunmen.
    Not true.
    PeteEU

  8. #8
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,522

    Re: 2 Hostage standoffs in France (Hebdo killers)

    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland1 View Post
    Right now the reports are very fluid. What is known is that both locations have been stormed. What is not known is the fate of the hostages. In fact, the BBC's live updates state:

    "Several hostages at the supermarket in Paris have been freed, according to AFP."

    We'll need more time to learn the facts, including the fate of he hostages. Hopefully, the hostages are all right.
    Yeah they keep reporting different things, I can't edit my OP now, too late. I'm assuming knowing the history and types of individuals the police decided the best course of action was to try and get the jump on them and try to save at least some of the hostages knowing these guys are leaving dead no matter what. It'd probably be better to do that than wait for them to simply kill the hostages and themselves when they get tired of the situation.

  9. #9
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,468

    Re: 2 Hostage standoffs in France (Hebdo killers)

    3 less terrorist scumbags in the world. Good shooting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #10
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 12:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,691

    Re: 2 Hostage standoffs in France (Hebdo killers)

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Yeah they keep reporting different things, I can't edit my OP now, too late. I'm assuming knowing the history and types of individuals the police decided the best course of action was to try and get the jump on them and try to save at least some of the hostages knowing these guys are leaving dead no matter what. It'd probably be better to do that than wait for them to simply kill the hostages and themselves when they get tired of the situation.
    Initial reports usually have the highest risk of being incorrect. The good news is that pictures of emerging hostages are now available, so at least some (and hopefully, all) hostages are all right.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •