Page 57 of 72 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 712

Thread: Atlanta Ousts Fire Chief Who Has Antigay Views

  1. #561
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Atlanta Ousts Fire Chief Who Has Antigay Views

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    translation: you got nothing, thats what i thought.

    Good move bailing out i accept your concession
    by definition there was zero straman posted by me and you proved it for me
    your post fails and facts win again


    The deluded are incapable of realizing their delusion, and as such are bound to continue with it. The cycle is often ugly, and the deluded are treated with pity and empathy. You demonstrate daily that you lack the ability to recognize opinion as fact, you demonstrate daily that you posses no real understanding of logical fallacies, and you demonstrate daily that you do not have command of the English language, specifically regarding syntax and grammar. Like I said earlier, you posted a straw man argument based on a false analogy. The fact that you cannot see it does not surprise me in the slightest, in fact I predicted you would not but decided to waste my time anyway, not for your benefit, but for my own amusement. I do not pity you, or empathize with you. No, you are a crusader armed with rhetoric and probably one of the most ungifted debaters I've ever come across on message boards where even a cursory level of debate skill is required.

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  2. #562
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:56 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,603

    Re: Atlanta Ousts Fire Chief Who Has Antigay Views

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) 100% false as the articles prove. you lie fails
    2.) also false and also BY DEFINITION another failed straw man. this NEVER happened you made it up. this lie fails
    3.) by definition ANOTHER failed strawman, qoute me saying he discriminated against people? you cant because i never did hence why your lie gets destroyed and your straw,an fails LMAO
    4.) facts disagree you just post TWO above
    5.) translation, you got nothing thats what we thought, let us know when you do have more than "nu-huh"
    6.) actually there are none, NOBODY honest educated and objective thinks this guy was fired just cause he wrote a book or just for his religious views because both of those are factually not true.
    7.) hey look failed insults, this is the typical of a person who has no honest, factual and intellectual path to take to defend the failed and proven wrong claims. im not surprised.
    8.) prove it then with facts we would LOVE to read it
    9.) where? what fact have you presented they have all been proven wrong by multiple posters and posts
    10.) meaningless
    11.) meaningless
    12.) maybe true
    13.) factually not true
    14.) factually not true and 100% false has already proven
    his religious views alone played no role in his termination LMAO
    15.) meaningless
    16.) meanignless
    17.) meaningless
    18.) 100% false as already proven by facts
    19.) also 100% false
    20.) except they are not LMAO
    I could do this all day your strawmen and posted lies wont fool anybody
    I also love how you listed some MEANINGLESS facts, you might as well say "yellow is a color, FACT!" because that has just as much relevance of some of the things you posted.

    the fact remains he was not simply fired for "writing a book" nor was he fired for "his religious views"
    those two lies have been destroyed

    and the biggest lie and strawman posted yet was was this "he was solely fired for what the bible says about sexual morality."
    that also is factually not true WOW


    if you disagree though as always, PLEASE in your next post use FACTS and prove your failed claims, i bet you dodge this request again
    post at least ONE fact that prove he was fired for simply writing a book and or his religious views, I cant wait to read it, thank you

    your post loses and facts win again
    nope your opinion isn't fact get over it.

    I did use facts you ignored facts because they don't fit in your with push of the gay agenda. sorry you don't like peoples religious views on gay marriage.
    you don't get to dictate what other people believe in or don't believe in. nor do we get to punish people for views that we don't like.

    1. prove it otherwise. you saying uh huh is not an argument. I even quoted the mayor as to why he was fired.
    2. nope not strawman. you refuse to see any other reason he was fired. He has no record of discrimination. the only reason he was fired was because he wrote a religious book
    that contained a chapter on sexual morality in which talks about what the bible says about all forms of sexual morality.
    3. nope no strawman as I said you have no clue what a strawman is.
    4. your opinion is not a fact. but this is your typical argument. when you can't actually address the issue.

    IE who did he discriminate against? please provide an answer. what did he do that would cost him his job other than express his religious belief which is a protected right.
    5. nope so far that is your argument you have failed to address one question other than because is say. this is a simple dismissal fallacy.
    6. you have yet to prove any of that just another opinion of yours.
    7. nope not insult intended more of a fact. you are hardly objective in your push for the gay agenda. the only one that throws insults is you because you cannot support your argument.
    8. I already have.
    9.nope they haven't. I have posted at least 2 news articles and posted the mayor himself as to why he was fired. it had everything to do with a book he wrote. it had nothing to do with how he did his job or ran his job or how he performed on the job.
    10-17. IE you can't actually address the facts thanks for the concession.


    please provide evidence that he harassed and or discriminated against anyone. which is the only thing he can be fired for.
    provide evidence that he wasn't fired for expressing his religious beliefs.

    I will be waiting for you to actually address you claims so far you haven't address anything.
    the only thing so far you can do is deflect and ad hominem and go uh huh.

    come up with a better logic.

  3. #563
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,784

    Re: Atlanta Ousts Fire Chief Who Has Antigay Views

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    1.)The deluded are incapable of realizing their delusion, and as such are bound to continue with it. The cycle is often ugly, and the deluded are treated with pity and empathy.
    2.) You demonstrate daily that you lack the ability to recognize opinion as fact,
    3.) you demonstrate daily that you posses no real understanding of logical fallacies
    4.) and you demonstrate daily that you do not have command of the English language, specifically regarding syntax and grammar.
    5.) Like I said earlier, you posted a straw man argument based on a false analogy.
    6.) The fact that you cannot see it does not surprise me in the slightest, in fact I predicted you would not but decided to waste my time anyway, not for your benefit, but for my own amusement.
    7.) I do not pity you, or empathize with you.
    8.)No, you are a crusader armed with rhetoric and probably one of the most ungifted debaters I've ever come across on message boards where even a cursory level of debate skill is required.

    Tim-
    1.) good thats step one, your second step will be to fix your issue now that you see it
    2.) please post the factual examples that prove your statement true . .
    3.) see #2
    4.) see #2
    5.) see #2
    6.) and facts proved you wrong along with the very definition of a straw man, remind us what you had on your side beseds "nu-huh"
    but i do agree you try was VERY entertaining, thank you
    7.) theres no reason too
    8.) see #2
    your post fails and fact win again

    so I'm still waiting for you to post one fact that proves your claim true . . . ONE . . not stuff you make up but actually facts, when you can do this please let us know
    failed insults wont change the fact that your claim was destroyed and proven wrong, its just a common move by those that have no logical, factual and honest path to take.

    so in your next post PLEASE fulfill this request . . thank you
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #564
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:56 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,603

    Re: Atlanta Ousts Fire Chief Who Has Antigay Views

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    The deluded are incapable of realizing their delusion, and as such are bound to continue with it. The cycle is often ugly, and the deluded are treated with pity and empathy. You demonstrate daily that you lack the ability to recognize opinion as fact, you demonstrate daily that you posses no real understanding of logical fallacies, and you demonstrate daily that you do not have command of the English language, specifically regarding syntax and grammar. Like I said earlier, you posted a straw man argument based on a false analogy. The fact that you cannot see it does not surprise me in the slightest, in fact I predicted you would not but decided to waste my time anyway, not for your benefit, but for my own amusement. I do not pity you, or empathize with you. No, you are a crusader armed with rhetoric and probably one of the most ungifted debaters I've ever come across on message boards where even a cursory level of debate skill is required.

    Tim-
    actually he isn't the worst. I have seen a few others. that were way worse of course they were banned they were so bad on other boards.
    however they all have the similar line of or lack of logic.

    1. make a assertion. claim the assertion as true with little evidence to support it.
    2. when someone questions the assertion resort to dismissal arguments or ad hominem to continue to distort the main assertion.
    3. when other facts are present repeat your opinion as fact as if it meant something more than the last time and continue the dismal argument.
    4. no matter what you post that contradicts their claims they continue down the same faulty line of posting.

    as you can see here agentj has no real argument other than he is right and everyone else is wrong.
    he claims that only factual, honest, objective people agree with him which is something that he can't support in the least.

    of course he does this in every gay thread that pops up. I have seen it about 1000 times over and over again.

  5. #565
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,784

    Re: Atlanta Ousts Fire Chief Who Has Antigay Views

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    1.)nope your opinion isn't fact get over it.

    I did use facts you ignored facts because they don't fit in your with push of the gay agenda. sorry you don't like peoples religious views on gay marriage.
    you don't get to dictate what other people believe in or don't believe in. nor do we get to punish people for views that we don't like.

    1. prove it otherwise. you saying uh huh is not an argument. I even quoted the mayor as to why he was fired.
    2. nope not strawman. you refuse to see any other reason he was fired. He has no record of discrimination. the only reason he was fired was because he wrote a religious book
    that contained a chapter on sexual morality in which talks about what the bible says about all forms of sexual morality.
    3. nope no strawman as I said you have no clue what a strawman is.
    4. your opinion is not a fact. but this is your typical argument. when you can't actually address the issue.

    IE who did he discriminate against? please provide an answer. what did he do that would cost him his job other than express his religious belief which is a protected right.
    5. nope so far that is your argument you have failed to address one question other than because is say. this is a simple dismissal fallacy.
    6. you have yet to prove any of that just another opinion of yours.
    7. nope not insult intended more of a fact. you are hardly objective in your push for the gay agenda. the only one that throws insults is you because you cannot support your argument.
    8. I already have.
    9.nope they haven't. I have posted at least 2 news articles and posted the mayor himself as to why he was fired. it had everything to do with a book he wrote. it had nothing to do with how he did his job or ran his job or how he performed on the job.
    10-17. IE you can't actually address the facts thanks for the concession.


    please provide evidence that he harassed and or discriminated against anyone. which is the only thing he can be fired for.
    provide evidence that he wasn't fired for expressing his religious beliefs.

    I will be waiting for you to actually address you claims so far you haven't address anything.
    the only thing so far you can do is deflect and ad hominem and go uh huh.

    come up with a better logic.
    called it!
    translation: you got nothing, thats what we though
    there's nothing to go around about, you made false claims they have been proven wrong and until you can defend them with fact i will simply keep asking you to and each time this isnt down your posts just further fail and get destroyed

    i will ask AGAIN and i bet you doge it AGAIN

    these are the facts:
    he was not simply fired for "writing a book"
    he was not simply fired for "his religious views"
    he was not solely fired for what the bible says about sexual morality."

    these lies have been destroyed by the articles, the reports and multiply posters and posts

    if you disagree though as always, PLEASE in your next post use FACTS and prove your failed claims, i bet you dodge this request again
    post at least ONE fact that prove he was fired for simply writing a book and or his religious views, I cant wait to read it, thank you

    your post loses and facts win again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #566
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,763

    Re: Atlanta Ousts Fire Chief Who Has Antigay Views

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    No, government and private employment is not the same in this case since the Private employer is not required to protect free speech of its employees while the government is required to protect the free speech of everyone, including those working for the government.
    No they are not (the govt). Ever been in the military? No free speech.

    As a city employee in the past, if I made lewd or racist comments about a co-worker, I would have been fired. If I had bad-mouthed my agency publicly while on the job, I would have been fired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #567
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,763

    Re: Atlanta Ousts Fire Chief Who Has Antigay Views

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    If your religion required you wear a thong then you'd have a case.

    Also you don't give up the right to first amendment protection of religious expression because you are a manager. Again, the SCOTUS is very clear on this in case law.
    Are you saying that someone is free to practice their religious beliefs (expression) on the job? A Muslim or Orthodox Jewish manager could refuse to hire a woman? Or work with one? A Christian could hand out Bibles and evangelize to co-workers for 10 minutes everyday (Christians are supposed to spread the Word)?

    They can do and believe what they want privately but they cannot impose their beliefs on others unwanted. That's the protection of everyone's religious (or not) beliefs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #568
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:52 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,295

    Re: Atlanta Ousts Fire Chief Who Has Antigay Views

    I love America. A place where you are allowed to share your views, unless they aren't politically correct.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  9. #569
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,763

    Re: Atlanta Ousts Fire Chief Who Has Antigay Views

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    So what you're saying is the termination was just because he was the boss? I don't know that. I've already said that. That would require me saying that I know for a fact I couldn't fire one of my team members for doing what the Atlanta FD chief did and giving the book to co-workers on my team, but that I could and would get fired for bringing in a book that I wrote and giving it to those same team members.

    I'm not sure what it is you don't get. I don't know the answer to the question.
    The other workers, more than one, complained to the union.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #570
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,763

    Re: Atlanta Ousts Fire Chief Who Has Antigay Views

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    You got that right! HR people are not paid nearly enough for what they have to do. It's a nasty job and takes a special kind of person and that ain't me. I love that I have them to go to.
    I worked in an HR dept of a large corp when I went back to night school. Very informative. And ALL about CYA. Protecting the company from liability.

    Also learned alot about the personality types, triggers, and circumstances surrounding workplace shootings. The signs to look for, why you handle firings in a certain way and provide resources/pay after, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 57 of 72 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •