Page 55 of 72 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 712

Thread: Atlanta Ousts Fire Chief Who Has Antigay Views

  1. #541
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    Re: Atlanta Ousts Fire Chief Who Has Antigay Views

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    IE I can't disprove what you say so I will just pretend you didn't do anything is a lousy comment to make.
    I didn't dodge anything maybe if you had written a coherent that someone could actually read and understand it would be different.

    however your religious bigotry is duly noted.
    You continue to make statements as being factual while being unable to validate what you've stated. You have done that a number of times with several posters on this tread including me. Being able and willing to validate statements you claim are factual is necessary if you expect people to respect you. It's called credibility and you've lost it.

    I'm through with you. You have nothing of value to say to anyone.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  2. #542
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,626

    Re: Atlanta Ousts Fire Chief Who Has Antigay Views

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    You continue to make statements as being factual while being unable to validate what you've stated. You have done that a number of times with several posters on this tread including me. Being able and willing to validate statements you claim are factual is necessary if you expect people to respect you. It's called credibility and you've lost it.

    I'm through with you. You have nothing of value to say to anyone.
    you would be wrong. I have validated every one of my statements an backed them up with actual news articles.

    the fact is this person was fired over his religious beliefs that evidently were not affecting his job.
    LOL you speak of credibility you have posted nothing to contradict anything that I said.

    you might want to take your own advice. so far you have said nothing of any consequence.


    Fact: he wrote a book with permission from the ethics department.
    Fact: the book he wrote was for a bible study group at his church.
    Fact: he past the book out to friends of his at work with who he has a personal relationship with.
    Fact: someone else took the book (without permission more than likely) to the only gay council member there.
    Fact: The passage that he is quoting is from a chapter where the bible deals with sexual morality.
    Fact: he has never been accused or convict of discrimination from when he first served as Fire Chief to When he worked for Obama
    to this last time he was elected as fire Chief.
    Fact: the mayor admits that he was fired over the book.
    Fact: He was fired for expressing his religious beliefs which are protected not only by the constitution but by state law as well.

    So it is now up to you to prove that he in his position has ever discriminated against gay people or anyone else. I will be waiting for your evidence.
    Last edited by ludin; 01-08-15 at 10:06 PM.

  3. #543
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,681

    Re: Atlanta Ousts Fire Chief Who Has Antigay Views

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Jeez, I think I'm getting the flu and the last thing I need to do or want to do is read through city and state statutes and handbooks. At this point I can say that Fairfax County does have a policy prohibiting harassment and discrimination in the workplace based on sexual orientation and religion among other things. Fairfax County even specifically addresses discrimination by supervisors. Good for Fairfax County.

    The City of Fairfax web site provides little to no information that I can find regarding its employees other than for people searching for employment with the city.

    The Commonwealth of Virginia states the following in its department of human resources site (I'm not plowing through state statutes):
    Your original busted statement:

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    No religion in the workplace. None. Not yours, not mine, not anyone's. NONE. Problem solved. I would assume that that is the policy relating to employees for the City of Atlanta.
    So now show me the "No religion in the workplace. None." policy because that is what you need to prove your original assertion.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  4. #544
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,626

    Re: Atlanta Ousts Fire Chief Who Has Antigay Views

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Your original busted statement:



    So now show me the "No religion in the workplace. None." policy because that is what you need to prove your original assertion.
    the SCOTUS would disagree with him in a huge way as well.

  5. #545
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    Re: Atlanta Ousts Fire Chief Who Has Antigay Views

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Your original busted statement:



    So now show me the "No religion in the workplace. None." policy because that is what you need to prove your original assertion.
    My statement was in the context of the OP. I stand by that. My prior post and a few posts following put the above in context. You may have misunderstood.

    Cochran cannot express his religious beliefs at work. He certainly cannot do that as a supervisor. The law does not prevent him from being a Christian who works for the City of Atlanta, but he may not practice or expose his Christian beliefs in the workplace. There is a difference and distinction.

    The same holds true for the Commonwealth of Virginia. In fact Virginia to my thinking was quite clear in its description of workplace harassment, which included sexual orientation and religion.

    In essence religion stays at the door when you go to work for a government entity. No religion in the workplace. If you want to quietly pray in your office who is to know? If during lunch I want to shut my door and meditate without chanting, who is to know? Once it is a public expression of religious views a line is crossed, especially as a supervisor. Read the law and policies. Talk to your HR people be specific and ask them to be specific in their response to you.

    I'm not playing gotcha, I am stating fact and I took the trouble and time to source my response.
    Last edited by Risky Thicket; 01-08-15 at 11:22 PM.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  6. #546
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:56 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,300

    Atlanta Ousts Fire Chief Who Has Antigay Views

    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    He should have been fired for handing out religious books alone.
    Why? That's his right.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  7. #547
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Atlanta Ousts Fire Chief Who Has Antigay Views

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    .
    Fact: He was fired for expressing his religious beliefs which are protected not only by the constitution but by state law as well.
    100% lie and not as fact as the countless articles prove
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #548
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Atlanta Ousts Fire Chief Who Has Antigay Views

    Liberal deception is frustrating. They take a stance on an issue and then claim their intentions are pure. This guy got fired for being a Christian plain and simple. The same people who will claim otherwise seem to have no problem with Muslims who treat gays and women much more harshly. Point out someone who kills in the name of Islam and they will argue it wasn't for religious reasons, and in some cases even blame the victims or a third party. Evidently Muslims are free to express their views, even violently, without recourse. But not Christians. The sad part is that they can not even be honest with themselves.

  9. #549
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Atlanta Ousts Fire Chief Who Has Antigay Views

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/07/us...iews.html?_r=0

    ATLANTA — Mayor Kasim Reed announced Tuesday that he had fired the chief of the city’s Fire Rescue Department, Kelvin Cochran, after Mr. Cochran gave workers a religious book he wrote containing passages that condemn homosexuality.

    Mr. Reed had suspended Mr. Cochran for a month without pay in November, opening an investigation into whether Mr. Cochran’s authorship and distribution of the book to workers violated the city’s nondiscrimination policies. That move sparked a debate about religious liberty and freedom of expression: Last month, the 1.4-million member Georgia Baptist Convention began an online petition that called for Mr. Cochran’s reinstatement and suggested his First Amendment rights had been violated.

    The matter also presents a challenge for Mr. Reed, a second-term Democrat who presides over a metropolis whose social mosaic is defined by strong expressions of Christianity and large and politically powerful gay, lesbian, transgender and bisexual groups.

    snip...

    Homosexual Agenda strikes again
    Is the agenda to be fabulous?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  10. #550
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,626

    Re: Atlanta Ousts Fire Chief Who Has Antigay Views

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    100% lie and not as fact as the countless articles prove
    look it up religious discrimination is against the law. if it isn't prove it.

Page 55 of 72 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •