Page 34 of 72 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 712

Thread: Atlanta Ousts Fire Chief Who Has Antigay Views

  1. #331
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,706

    Re: Atlanta Ousts Fire Chief Who Has Antigay Views

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    Compliance Manual Section 12 - Religious Discrimination



    This is what the EEOC seems to have on the matter (as it applies to the first amendment concerns about this) and the fire chief, in my opinion, is in clear violation of the bolded parts.
    prove he harassed anyone at work.

    expressing his religious views outside of work is not considered harassment. also that text violates state and federal law.

  2. #332
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,706

    Re: Atlanta Ousts Fire Chief Who Has Antigay Views

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    He spoke against the gay agenda. Banish him from our society and kill his off spring.
    pretty much the point it is getting to already.

  3. #333
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,816

    Re: Atlanta Ousts Fire Chief Who Has Antigay Views

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post

    see I can present the same argument that you do.
    except the argument is factually not the same you only have the OPINION that it is but facts disagree.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #334
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Atlanta Ousts Fire Chief Who Has Antigay Views

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Even if he isn't right, I'm betting on a lawsuit anyway.
    yeah, unfortunately what should be a cut and dry case of justified termination has been muddied due to the political nature of the city of atlanta being a government organization.

  5. #335
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,706

    Re: Atlanta Ousts Fire Chief Who Has Antigay Views

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    except the argument is factually not the same you only have the OPINION that it is but facts disagree.
    yes your opinion disagrees with the facts I am finally glad you decided to admit it.

  6. #336
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,706

    Re: Atlanta Ousts Fire Chief Who Has Antigay Views

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    yeah, unfortunately what should be a cut and dry case of justified termination has been muddied due to the political nature of the city of atlanta being a government organization.
    religious discrimination is against the law it will be anything but cut and dry.
    or did you not realize this?

  7. #337
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,816

    Re: Atlanta Ousts Fire Chief Who Has Antigay Views

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    He spoke against the gay agenda. Banish him from our society and kill his off spring.
    another failed strawman that nobody honest, educated and objective will take seriously

    also tell us, using facts what is the gay agenda?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #338
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,816

    Re: Atlanta Ousts Fire Chief Who Has Antigay Views

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    religious discrimination is against the law it will be anything but cut and dry.
    or did you not realize this?
    good thing there was no religious discrimination unless you know more than the articles say and you have facts that show some of the articles already presented lied lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #339
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Atlanta Ousts Fire Chief Who Has Antigay Views

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    It's absolutely possible, however what you're providing here isn't enough content to suggest one way or another. For example, is the situation in your hypothetical happening in a right to work state? If it's not, yeah...it would be pretty easy to come up with a reason to fire you regarding that.

    Another example where context is lacking, I most likely absolutely could be fired if I was a supervisor in the federal government, wrote a book concerning political views, and then on the clock gave it to my subordinates. That would quite possibly be a hatch act violation in that particular case.

    I know, in a general sense, most businesses place a greater requirement on supervisors regarding actions towards subordinates than they do coworkers, as there is a natural suggestion of power there and an inherent potential for retaliation.

    It seems you want to just pretend that the content of the writing doens't matter with your continual and non-stop attempt to reframe it simply as "a book". The reality is the content matters in certain situations. Political Positions and the federal government, as I pointed to above, is an example.

    I've not suggested this guys firing was right or wrong. I honestly haven't looked at it deep enough to understand the full context and facts surrounding the case. However, I did know enough about it that the hypothetical you kept trying to suggest with your repeated statements of "co-workers" was an inaccurate one when trying to compare to this situation.

    Why you decided to avoid my question and strawman me by responding as if I said he could or should be fired is beyond me...other than perhaps you simply not wanting to actually address what I said. My question wasn't whether or not this guy should've been fired. My question was regarding your attempted arguments which kept using a hypothetical that included a work relationship (co-workers, implying peers) that was significantly different than the situaiton at hand (boss and subordinates).
    Probably half of my team works in right to work states (they are all over the country). I have said that I don't believe I would have the right to fire one of my employees simply for publishing a book containing content I don't approve of and passing that book on to the other members of the team. I would probably have the right to issue a warning, and involve HR, but I don't think that would be grounds for termination, no.

    It's taken me upwards of 6-9 months to terminate employees for performance issues. Federal laws make it very hard to terminate without clear and distinct cause, which can be anything from performance to lying/stealing/breaking the law to insubordination to downsizing and so on. But no, I really don't think I could just terminate someone for publishing a book I find offensive and for giving it to his co workers. Technically the book is the employees' property and is not an illegal substance or other item that isn't allowed to be distributed.

    But I've never had to confront it so I have no idea. I'm just saying IMO it isn't as cut and dry as I think some people assume it is.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  10. #340
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Atlanta Ousts Fire Chief Who Has Antigay Views

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    prove he harassed anyone at work.

    expressing his religious views outside of work is not considered harassment. also that text violates state and federal law.
    The content of the materials equating homosexuality as "vile, vulgar and inappropriate” is harassment and creates a hostile environment for anyone who may be homosexual or have sympathies.

Page 34 of 72 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •