Page 30 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 1300

Thread: Charlie Hebdo Shooting: 12 Killed at Muhammad Cartoons Magazine in Paris[w:157,1217]

  1. #291
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Terror Attack In Paris

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Comon... if this happened to 99.9% of people in the world they'd have done the same thing. You telling me you'd trade your life and deny them the code?
    Of course. Granted I've never come close to a similar situation but it's really bizarre that she didn't get killed considering the number of people who did.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  2. #292
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,787

    Re: Terror Attack In Paris

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    That woman should be fired. She selfishly traded her own life for twelve others. Typical French cowardice. Look at that smile on her face. She was obviously a collaberator.
    Many will sacrifice their lives, but not the lives of their children.
    Who knows how one would act until they were in the same situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  3. #293
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,235

    Re: Terror Attack In Paris

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Says not one balanced, reasonable, well-adjusted human being.
    Hitchens wasn't balanced, reasonable or well-adjusted?

    Read "God is Not Great" Learn something.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  4. #294
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,013

    Re: Terror Attack In Paris [W:157]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Considering how routinely and quickly 'the left' rushes in to defend Islam in all things, I think you would have to say 'the left' plays at least a role in the promotion of religious extremism. Oh...sure...I get they dont really mean it. I get that it is ever and always a kneejerk reaction and that really the only reason they rush to defend all things Muslim is to try and pock conservatives and especially Christians in the eye. Regardless...it HAS a result.
    Well, that is because there is a difference between a lot of people who are of the Islamic faith and extremists.

    And in a country where Muslims are a minority, it is better to err on the side of caution. We do not need another Adolf Hitler tragedy. Once is enough IMHO. It is wrong to scapegoat a minority as is being done by some right wing politicians.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  5. #295
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,235

    Re: Terror Attack In Paris [W:157]

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Bill Donahue, head of the Catholic League, blames the editor of Charlie Hebdo for the murders


    Any bets on how quickly this screed will be removed from the Catholic League's website?
    Bill Donahue is a crazy zealot, always has been. Enemy of freedom and intellect.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  6. #296
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Terror Attack In Paris [W:157]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Considering how routinely and quickly 'the left' rushes in to defend Islam in all things, I think you would have to say 'the left' plays at least a role in the promotion of religious extremism. Oh...sure...I get they dont really mean it. I get that it is ever and always a kneejerk reaction and that really the only reason they rush to defend all things Muslim is to try and pock conservatives and especially Christians in the eye. Regardless...it HAS a result.
    I see no one defending Islamic extremists and terrorists.

    Billions of Muslims do no harm. I feel free to defend them.

    Did you blame all Christians for the Oklahoma City bombing? Do you blame all Christians for the hate that the Westboro Church (& I use the term church very loosely here) spews?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #297
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Terror Attack In Paris [W:157]

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Well, that is because there is a difference between a lot of people who are of the Islamic faith and extremists.

    And in a country where Muslims are a minority, it is better to err on the side of caution. We do not need another Adolf Hitler tragedy. Once is enough IMHO. It is wrong to scapegoat a minority as is being done by some right wing politicians.
    It is equally wrong to divert attention from those that pose a real threat.

  8. #298
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Terror Attack In Paris [W:157]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I see no one defending Islamic extremists and terrorists.

    Billions of Muslims do no harm. I feel free to defend them.

    Did you blame all Christians for the Oklahoma City bombing? Do you blame all Christians for the hate that the Westboro Church (& I use the term church very loosely here) spews?
    I dont blame all Muslims. Where do you get that from?

  9. #299
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Terror Attack In Paris

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I recognize the huge negative impact that the colonial era had on the colonized regions, and I can relate to the assertion that it played a big part in slowing the development of third world countries down, but from there to claiming that the reason radical Islam exists is because of Western colonialism - that's just ridiculous and wrong, and simply unacceptable.
    And I'm just as sure that it was indeed a contributing factor. Certainly the tribes and that insular mentality did not have time to mature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #300
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Terror Attack In Paris [W:157]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I dont blame all Muslims. Where do you get that from?
    I didnt say you did. You did however, imply that liberals defend all Muslims no matter what. And then proceed to blame them for a role in their actions.

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack
    Considering how routinely and quickly 'the left' rushes in to defend Islam in all things, I think you would have to say 'the left' plays at least a role in the promotion of religious extremism. Oh...sure...I get they dont really mean it. I get that it is ever and always a kneejerk reaction and that really the only reason they rush to defend all things Muslim is to try and pock conservatives and especially Christians in the eye. Regardless...it HAS a result.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 30 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •