Page 101 of 130 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1300

Thread: Charlie Hebdo Shooting: 12 Killed at Muhammad Cartoons Magazine in Paris[w:157,1217]

  1. #1001
    Internet Lawyer


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    East Coast Canada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    21,416

    re: Charlie Hebdo Shooting: 12 Killed at Muhammad Cartoons Magazine in Paris[w:157,1217]

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    That's why I said it is not unreasonable to assume one tenth of one percent as potential radicalized combatants. That number would be 1.57 million individuals.
    Not unreasonable at all. Though I am sure you have noticed that Muslims do a fine job of killing their fellow Muslims.
    And 1 reason why the West becomes involved. Iraq being the country I am referring to.
    Mali was different though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    The damage to the black community from all this will be devastating.Not only on public perception and reputation, but cops simply won't want to police these neighborhoods anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobDick View Post
    LMAO Clinton gets away with it but they lock up my man Cosby

  2. #1002
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    re: Charlie Hebdo Shooting: 12 Killed at Muhammad Cartoons Magazine in Paris[w:157,1217]

    Quote Originally Posted by RDS View Post
    Read your own laws about blasphemy before supporting that magazine.


    US has no enforceable "blasphemy laws".
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  3. #1003
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    03-09-18 @ 10:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    re: Charlie Hebdo Shooting: 12 Killed at Muhammad Cartoons Magazine in Paris[w:157,1217]

    Quote Originally Posted by RDS View Post
    Read your blasphemy statutes.

    In the United States, a law against blasphemy, or a prosecution on that ground, would violate the American Constitution. The First Amendment to the United States Constitution provides "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press..." While there are no federal laws which forbid "religious vilification" or "religious insult" or "hate speech", some states have blasphemy statutes.


    Nice copy and paste from Wikipedia. Such laws are unenforceable. Blasphemy law in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    wiki.jpg

  4. #1004
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 08:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Terror Attack In Paris

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    The death of the nation won't come from terrorist attacks. It will come from the gradual erosion of our culture and language. Islam is not compatible with self rule.
    Absolutely! Islamists won't kill free speech

    This, apropos of what you just said, sums it up neatly and is proven correct by leftists statements throughout the 'free' world.

    human beings find a way of rationalizing their behaviour so that they can claim they are refraining from publishing or saying something not out of fear but because they donít wish to offend. They convert the base notion of being scared into a noble weapon of seeing someone elseís point of view. In fact, this is one of the most insidious aspects of terrorism: we wash our brains and convert our fear into understanding.
    I'll be using that again!

  5. #1005
    Internet Lawyer


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    East Coast Canada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    21,416

    re: Charlie Hebdo Shooting: 12 Killed at Muhammad Cartoons Magazine in Paris[w:157,1217]

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    That's why I said it is not unreasonable to assume one tenth of one percent as potential radicalized combatants. That number would be 1.57 million individuals.
    ISIl- about 40 K-
    Pakistan- wild guess 50 K.
    A Stan 50 K -
    Long way from 1.57 combatants.
    Potential can be misleading -Many have the potential to kill under certain circumstances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    The damage to the black community from all this will be devastating.Not only on public perception and reputation, but cops simply won't want to police these neighborhoods anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobDick View Post
    LMAO Clinton gets away with it but they lock up my man Cosby

  6. #1006
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 08:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: Charlie Hebdo Shooting: 12 Killed at Muhammad Cartoons Magazine in Paris[w:157,1217]

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    ISIl- about 40 K-
    Pakistan- wild guess 50 K.
    A Stan 50 K -
    Long way from 1.57 combatants.
    Potential can be misleading -Many have the potential to kill under certain circumstances.
    The numbers may frequently change but here's a report from Pew research. Keeping in mind the 1.6 billion Muslims in the world even a small percentage is still enough to do a great deal of damage.A Year After Iraq War | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

  7. #1007
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Terror Attack In Paris

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    I'm not surprised.
    You're not surprised? Please tell me what is intelligent about your argument that because there are some things liberals and European politics have in common, that means liberals want to have Sharia law. That is the definition of a non sequitur, friend.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  8. #1008
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    03-09-18 @ 10:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Terror Attack In Paris

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    You're not surprised? Please tell me what is intelligent about your argument that because there are some things liberals and European politics have in common, that means liberals want to have Sharia law. That is the definition of a non sequitur, friend.
    It is liberal ideals that led to the current Islamic scourge being experienced in France. If you don't understand the danger in that, I can't help you. Look what it has wrought.

  9. #1009
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Terror Attack In Paris

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    It is liberal ideals that led to the current Islamic scourge being experienced in France. If you don't understand the danger in that, I can't help you. Look what it has wrought.
    Yes, liberals are responsible for the right-wing Islamic extremists in France.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  10. #1010
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    03-09-18 @ 10:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Terror Attack In Paris

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Yes, liberals are responsible for the right-wing Islamic extremists in France.
    Yes, they are responsible for the unchecked immigration of radicals into their country. Who else is? The conservatives?

    I know your description of "right wing Islamic extremists" was meant to be a dig at American conservatives, but that is about as lame as it gets. Fascism is a left wing trait by American standards. You and your ilk have more in common with European "right wingers" than any American conservative.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •