Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 284

Thread: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

  1. #181
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,561

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) false because nobody can have a marriage contract with muiltiple partners . . so no there is no religious belief violated based on religious views.
    False because no one could have marriage between same sex couples. so there is no equal rights being violated. also they perfectly had the right to marry just not someone of the same sex. so no equal rights were violated.
    actually there is because their religious beliefs allow them to practice polygamy read the 1st amendment again. it says right there that the government cannot make any law regarding the practice of religion.

    people have religious beliefs that they can kill or eat people . . . thats not allowed either nor is it a violation
    because we have other laws that say you can't murder people. strawman
    thanks for further proving your analogy completely fails
    2.) see #1 your statement is 100% false
    3.) again this lie has been destroyed and you have ZERO facts to support it lol
    Thank you for proving you have no clue about what you are talking about.
    posting your opinion as fact is meaningless.

  2. #182
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    08-08-17 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,860

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Because I have caused so much difficulty and fun for this thread, and others have already mentioned it... why should polygamy between consenting adults be outlawed? Far as I am concerned the "consenting adults" part means the government should have no say so in the boundaries of personal relationships.
    "Every time something really bad happens, people cry out for safety, and the government answers by taking rights away from good people." - Penn Jillette.

  3. #183
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    1.)False because no one could have marriage between same sex couples. so there is no equal rights being violated. also they perfectly had the right to marry just not someone of the same sex. so no equal rights were violated.
    actually there is because their religious beliefs allow them to practice polygamy read the 1st amendment again. it says right there that the government cannot make any law regarding the practice of religion.
    2.)because we have other laws that say you can't murder people. strawman
    3.)Thank you for proving you have no clue about what you are talking about.
    4.) posting your opinion as fact is meaningless.
    1.) boom! and there you have it more proof you are severely uneducated on this specific topic, you REALLY need to look up the many many cases on this and youll see how it violates the 14 and how some cases used sexual orientation and gender discrimination NONE which apply to polygamy so again the fact remains its not the same no matter how many times you try to make it the same. facts ,laws rights, the constitution and many court cases all prove you wrong.

    remind us what you have supporting you besides you saying "nu-huh"

    2.) not a strawman at all its factual proof that religion cant do anything it wants. you post fails again. and if they do use religion it will be a NEW right and a DIFFERENT argument further proving your claim that it is the same argument. are you trying to back pedal now? lol
    3.) except for the facts that support me, destroy your post and further prove it wrong
    4.) i agree this is why you should stop doing it.
    facts win again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #184
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    Because I have caused so much difficulty and fun for this thread, and others have already mentioned it... why should polygamy between consenting adults be outlawed? Far as I am concerned the "consenting adults" part means the government should have no say so in the boundaries of personal relationships.
    i didnt see any difficulty you cause but definitely much fun and entertainment!
    has anybody said it should be outlawed? I missed that . . . . .
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #185
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Please tell me how this is a "civil right". Just because you wanna, don't make it a right.

    Have you ever heard of a concept called "Equal Protection"? Explain what legitimate governmental interest is involved in denying gay people from marrying. If you are able to do so, then you are one step ahead of most of the opponents on the issue (who have pretty much given up this argument and are trying other legal tactics).

    The right to marry has also been recognized by the Supreme Court as a fundamental right. Of course, you probably don't realize that either.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #186
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Have you ever heard of a concept called "Equal Protection"? Explain what legitimate governmental interest is involved in denying gay people from marrying. If you are able to do so, then you are one step ahead of most of the opponents on the issue (who have pretty much given up this argument and are trying other legal tactics).

    The right to marry has also been recognized by the Supreme Court as a fundamental right. Of course, you probably don't realize that either.
    Gays have equal protections. Marriage is not a protection.

  7. #187
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    1.)Gays have equal protections.
    2.) Marriage is not a protection.
    1.) false, see the many court cases that disagree with you
    2.) no but protection of equal rights for the right to marry is

    we know we know BIASED JUDGES (40+) . . CONSPIRACY THEORY!
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #188
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    08-08-17 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,860

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    i didnt see any difficulty you cause but definitely much fun and entertainment!
    has anybody said it should be outlawed? I missed that . . . . .
    It was an open question really. In most states it is outlawed in some respect, that was the motivation for the question.
    "Every time something really bad happens, people cry out for safety, and the government answers by taking rights away from good people." - Penn Jillette.

  9. #189
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    It was an open question really. In most states it is outlawed in some respect, that was the motivation for the question.
    gotcha
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #190
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    It was an open question really. In most states it is outlawed in some respect, that was the motivation for the question.
    The justifications for banning it are slim, however the constitutional hurdle is also lower.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •