Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 284

Thread: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

  1. #171
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,927

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) 100% correct ding ding ding you are the winner!!!! correct there is no replacement cable of doing so with out government . . none
    2.) very true and if i claimed "i want to get a man pregnant" and you ask me how, saying i want to do it, is not an answer

    but your example is exactly my point . . what he wants is impossible
    Yes but his perspective works for him because he doesnt care if there is nothing to replace it, so his opinion is valid, even if you and I dont agree with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #172
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,706

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Well they have the right to live with whoever they want and call it marriage within their belief system. What they dont have is the legal recognition that brings with it the benefits and legal protections that couples get in marriage.

    And as long as they didnt get *more* benefits and legal protections than couples, I dont care at all if they legalize polygamy. As I mentioned, they live that way anyway. As long as they are treated "equally" then I dont care. But it's been pointed out by others that that would be difficult, if not impossible.

    Hence, an illustration of human vs civil rights. People practice polygamy all the time, it's just not sanctioned by the law. It's also not prevented by law.
    so you oppose this then it is prevented by law. they do not get equal treatment more so it is a violation of the constitution since this is a religious belief that they ar e not allowed to practice.

    so technically they have every right.

    funny you guys are so vicious over the gay marriage thing but now that we drift into another alternative form of marriage it tends to disappear.

  3. #173
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,706

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    I stated that gays couples have the same rights as straight couples and you went off on a tangent about polygamy. You might as well have asked about pedophile marriages or animal matrimony it is all the same and has nothing to do with couples who love each other's right to get married. Your belief that if you don't dictate what matrimony is then anything goes is disingenuous on your part and totally false in reality. Because I don't believe pedophiles can molest children that makes me a bigot?
    it is about equal right to marry. nope I am just bring up another group of people that don't have equal rights under the law. yet you are being bigoted and opposing their rights.
    I am trying to understand why you can't answer your own argument. you are either for equal rights for marriage or you are not.

    you seem to support it as long as it fits your point of view which is a contradiction. why are being bigoted against people that want to marry more than 1 person? I don't understand.
    where is your sense of equal rights.

    I never mentioned animals that is a strawman.

    nope equal rights is what matters. yet you oppose real equal rights for people? why are not consistent in your argument and a bigot against people that want to marry more than 1 person.

    I never mentioned pedophiles it has nothing to do with it. that is a strawman.

  4. #174
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,828

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    You sure you want to hold the position that government in the marriage business does not come with control?
    Can you make up your mind? Before it was "about control" and now it "comes with" control.

    Speed limits "come with" control. But that's hardly a reason to eliminate speed limits. Maybe you should explain what "control" is placed upon you with the current system and why you hate that so much.
    Last edited by Deuce; 01-07-15 at 10:53 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #175
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    It doesn't seem like that long ago when GW Bush ran on a constitutional ban of gay marriage. It's amazing how far we have progressed...

  6. #176
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    I wonder what's going to happen to the conservative right and the GOP playing culture wars when gay marriage is completely legal...

  7. #177
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,373

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    it is about equal right to marry. nope I am just bring up another group of people that don't have equal rights under the law. yet you are being bigoted and opposing their rights.
    I am trying to understand why you can't answer your own argument. you are either for equal rights for marriage or you are not.

    you seem to support it as long as it fits your point of view which is a contradiction. why are being bigoted against people that want to marry more than 1 person? I don't understand.
    where is your sense of equal rights.

    I never mentioned animals that is a strawman.

    nope equal rights is what matters. yet you oppose real equal rights for people? why are not consistent in your argument and a bigot against people that want to marry more than 1 person.

    I never mentioned pedophiles it has nothing to do with it. that is a strawman.
    I said you might as well have mentioned marrying animals because it has as much to do with gay marriage as polygamy does. It doesn't matter that you feel multiple partners are preferable to couples, you have a right to your opinion but right now marriage is between 2 people that love each other and polygamy is not recognized or legal.
    Perhaps you could start a movement to recognize polygamy but I honestly it would probably be easier just to "shack up", that's what polygamists do now. I won't tell a soul.

  8. #178
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,814

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Yes but his perspective works for him because he doesnt care if there is nothing to replace it, so his opinion is valid, even if you and I dont agree with him.
    who said anything about his "opinions" and why does his prespective matter? it doesnt
    the fact is he has never answered, that fact wont change and was the whole point.
    I could not care that 2 +2 = 4 or have the perspective it equals 45 that doesn't change the fact that it does equal 4
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #179
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,814

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    1.)so you oppose this then it is prevented by law. they do not get equal treatment more so it is a violation of the constitution since this is a religious belief that they ar e not allowed to practice.
    2.)so technically they have every right.
    3.) funny you guys are so vicious over the gay marriage thing but now that we drift into another alternative form of marriage it tends to disappear.
    1.) false because nobody can have a marriage contract with muiltiple partners . . so no there is no religious belief violated based on religious views.
    people have religious beliefs that they can kill or eat people . . . thats not allowed either nor is it a violation
    thanks for further proving your analogy completely fails
    2.) see #1 your statement is 100% false
    3.) again this lie has been destroyed and you have ZERO facts to support it lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #180
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,814

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    it is about equal right to marry. nope I am just bring up another group of people that don't have equal rights under the law. yet you are being bigoted and opposing their rights.
    I am trying to understand why you can't answer your own argument. you are either for equal rights for marriage or you are not.

    you seem to support it as long as it fits your point of view which is a contradiction. why are being bigoted against people that want to marry more than 1 person? I don't understand.
    where is your sense of equal rights.

    I never mentioned animals that is a strawman.

    nope equal rights is what matters. yet you oppose real equal rights for people? why are not consistent in your argument and a bigot against people that want to marry more than 1 person.

    I never mentioned pedophiles it has nothing to do with it. that is a strawman.
    repeating your false argument wont work. nobody educated honest and objective will ever buy it because its a fallacy and a failed strawman .. try again

    if you disagree simply use FACTS and prove otherwise . . you wont be able to . . but please continue because watching your posts try and muiltiple posters prove it wrong is just more and more proff.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •