Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 284

Thread: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

  1. #161
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,001

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    another dodge, i understand what you WANT, im asking you how you do it, why is that so hard for you to understand and why do you keep dishonestly dodging the question?

    if you tel me you want to get rid of all guns and i ask how and you tell me "i dont think we need them they are dangerous" that doesnt answer HOW lol

    so i waill ask you AGAIN and i bet you dodge it again
    you said "I'd rather just see government out of the mix entirely."

    Im asking you how would you do that? what system would you put in place to do all the things a marriage contract does and do it without involving government?
    If he doesnt feel that it needs to be replaced with anything else, then that is an answer. He cant invent something if it doesnt exist.. and he just doesnt believe it needs to exist.

    That's my interpretation anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #162
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,001

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Unless there is a dispute government isn't involved. Prove then that they are involved if you disagree.

    You consider it dumb that's fine. You like government involvement - that's also fine. You demanded an answer to your question - I gave you one, at least a starting point of one.
    If the threat of enforcement didnt exist, contracts would be pointless. It is the ability of a govt entity to enforce the contract...or consequences that makes contracts 'work.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #163
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    1) you seem to have lost track of the fact that we were discussing human rights with civil rights. As such, there's no point in my following up with 2 and 3.

    2.)And I never claimed legal marriage 'goes against' human rights.
    1.) no, as i already said they are clearly separate things legally
    2.) uhm i specifically asked you that and you said it diminishes it, what were you talking about then? where did we get crossed lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #164
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    If he doesnt feel that it needs to be replaced with anything else, then that is an answer. He cant invent something if it doesnt exist.. and he just doesnt believe it needs to exist.

    That's my interpretation anyway.
    but thats factually not an answer, that fact wont change

    just like i said

    if you tell me you want to get rid of all the guns and i ask HOW and you answer "i think they are dangerous and not needed" that is not an answer of how
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #165
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,001

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) no, as i already said they are clearly separate things legally
    2.) uhm i specifically asked you that and you said it diminishes it, what were you talking about then? where did we get crossed lol
    Diminish does not = go against.

    And they are not clearly separate legally because we are having this discussion, based mostly on our opinions. I've seen nothing legally defining human right vs civil right regarding govt recognized marriage in the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #166
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,001

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    but thats factually not an answer, that fact wont change

    just like i said

    if you tell me you want to get rid of all the guns and i ask HOW and you answer "i think they are dangerous and not needed" that is not an answer of how
    SInce he nor you have an answer for what can replace it, then factually there isnt a replacement.

    I can also ask how to make men get pregnant. If there is no way, then factually there's no 'how.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #167
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    1.)Diminish does not = go against.
    2.)And they are not clearly separate legally because we are having this discussion, based mostly on our opinions. I've seen nothing legally defining human right vs civil right regarding govt recognized marriage in the US.
    1.) then tell me how they deminsh human rights self-defense and the right to body sovereignty etc
    2.) no they clearly 100% are seperate, human rights are not civil rights, thats just a fact.
    some human rights line up just like some reliogus rights line up with civil/legal right but they are completely separate.

    are all human rights legal rights/civil rights? no
    are all human rights made civil rights/legal rights becuse they are human rights? no
    theres nothign to debate, the fact is they are seperate
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #168
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    1.)SInce he nor you have an answer for what can replace it, then factually there isnt a replacement.
    2.)I can also ask how to make men get pregnant. If there is no way, then factually there's no 'how.'
    1.) 100% correct ding ding ding you are the winner!!!! correct there is no replacement cable of doing so with out government . . none
    2.) very true and if i claimed "i want to get a man pregnant" and you ask me how, saying i want to do it, is not an answer

    but your example is exactly my point . . what he wants is impossible
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #169
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    If the threat of enforcement didnt exist, contracts would be pointless. It is the ability of a govt entity to enforce the contract...or consequences that makes contracts 'work.'
    Agreed - that however doesn't diminish my point that the government is only involved during a dispute. If there is no dispute there is no government involvement.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #170
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,001

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Agreed - that however doesn't diminish my point that the government is only involved during a dispute. If there is no dispute there is no government involvement.
    That's not what it means. The govt is involved *because* the threat of them enforcing consequences exists. That threat is tangible and is present in every contract.

    A contract would not be necessary otherwise. There would just be big lists of stuff for people to remember since it was a 'given' that they'd be fulfilled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •