Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 284

Thread: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

  1. #151
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    I was a Republican, however, with notions like "gay marriage should be illegal" and their stance on abortion... it drove me further and further away. It's not just social issues. To be honest, i don't even know where I lie, politically. I do know that I defend the right for two tax-paying, law abiding citizens and consenting adults to marry.
    well just to be clear there are millions of republicans that support equal rights and are prochoice. "stereo-typically" i understand they arent but in real life they are
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #152
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    oh so another piece of paper that will involve government instead of the other piece of paper that involves government. SOunds great!
    The government doesn't involve themselves in my will unless probate court or the will is contested and then again, the courts are involved. You seem to see enforcement of legal contracts as the focal point of your argument when, government involvement can happen without a contract, for any reason, at any time. Government acknowledgement of marriage as a contract isn't required as I've already stated.

    I do not see you providing any evidence, therefore you're opinion is noted, but as far as I'm concerned your opinion holds little to no water other than your personal preference.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #153
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) exactly so just like i said they are involve because they enforce it and protect it
    thats like saying the government isnt involved in laws . . unless you break them . . that type of dishonest is laughed at
    sorry the fact remains government is involved
    2.) no it would be dumb to negate the 1200 rights, protections and benifits and to have to get them another way that will still involve government
    3.) not the involvement the protection of my rights and contract is what i like otherwise its meanignless
    4.) and your answer failed because government would still be involved
    1. Enforcement occurs by government with all things... therefore irrelevant.
    2. Your opinion of what is dumb - others don't automatically share your views - also irrelevant
    3. Get a good lawyer, put your rights in your non-government contract.
    4. Enforcement is always done by courts for everything.
    5. You don't like my answer now you post pouty posts - can I expect a full blown tantrum post soon? Can't wait....
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #154
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    1.)The government doesn't involve themselves in my will unless probate court or the will is contested and then again, the courts are involved.
    2.) You seem to see enforcement of legal contracts as the focal point of your argument when, government involvement can happen without a contract, for any reason, at any time.
    3.) Government acknowledgement of marriage as a contract isn't required as I've already stated.
    4.)I do not see you providing any evidence, therefore you're opinion is noted, but as far as I'm concerned your opinion holds little to no water other than your personal preference.
    1.) exactly they enforce it and they are involved in its verification, which means government is involved
    2.) no i just understand the fact the government is involved and saying otherwise is just dishonesty
    3.) and thats false when talking about legal marriage which the discussion is about
    4.) LMAO deflections like these dont work, if theres somethign i stated as a fact qoute it and prove it wrong otherwise you got nothing lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #155
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    It then depends what is considered joint ownership and what is not. Probate court gets involved since I live in NJ. If a person does not have life insurance or a will and doesn't identify a beneficiary - then probate court determines where the assets go.
    Sure that sounds better than it automatically going to a spouse by law.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #156
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    1. Enforcement occurs by government with all things... therefore irrelevant.
    2. Your opinion of what is dumb - others don't automatically share your views - also irrelevant
    3. Get a good lawyer, put your rights in your non-government contract.
    4. Enforcement is always done by courts for everything.
    5. You don't like my answer now you post pouty posts - can I expect a full blown tantrum post soon? Can't wait.... :popcorn 2:
    1.) not irrelevant since it means government is involved hence the whole point, this fact wont change
    2.) so your claim is that if people want the 1200 things that its smarter to do it in a way that requires MORE government steps/contracts and some wil just be lost because some cant be granted any other way but by a marriage
    3.) and without the government that contract is meanignless remind me if the contract is not honored or when i die who protects my rights and or enforces it? GOVERNMENT lol
    4.) yes . . government
    5.) failed deflection and lies because facts wont help your post failed, i expected this. will you keep dancing around the facts government is involved? i cant wait either!
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #157
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    08-08-17 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,860

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You sure you want to keep attacking straw men?
    You sure you want to hold the position that government in the marriage business does not come with control?
    "Every time something really bad happens, people cry out for safety, and the government answers by taking rights away from good people." - Penn Jillette.

  8. #158
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    08-08-17 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,860

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    another dodge, thanks thats what i thought, let us know when you can answer lol
    Still no dodge, but thanks anyway!
    "Every time something really bad happens, people cry out for safety, and the government answers by taking rights away from good people." - Penn Jillette.

  9. #159
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    Still no dodge, but thanks anyway!
    facts prove your post wrong, if you disagree simply qoute where you answered HOW.
    and you're welcome, let me know when i can help you with your mistakes in the future
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #160
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) i dont understand any of that? how does legal marriage do any of that
    also you keep mentioning self defense and body sovereignty what does that have to do with legal marriage? those things arent impacted by marriage

    2.) its a contract that one gets voluntarily so the subjective view of its regulation is by choice not by force thats why i dont see any logic in claiming it goes against human rights
    3.) so basically you are taking your views of marriage and your views of what is tradition, legal and institution and saying they apply to everybody.
    The statement " Marriage as an institution or tradition is not. And it's not infringed on in the US" is only an opinion that people may or may not share with you since thier institution or tradition maybe legal marriage.
    1) you seem to have lost track of the fact that we were discussing human rights with civil rights. As such, there's no point in my following up with 2 and 3.

    And I never claimed legal marriage 'goes against' human rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •