Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 284

Thread: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

  1. #111
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,361

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    no no no see now you have moved the goal posts. I figured as much.
    the whole thing has dealt with equal rights to marry. now you want to prevent that to other people simply because you don't agree with their lifestyle.
    why are you being such a bigot?

    polygamist have the right to marry whomever they want to and who are you to tells them no. why would you deny them their equal rights in marriage.
    It's funny that you would promote polygamy considering your religious objections to gay marriage. Are you a Mormon? Or perhaps a lawyer looking to make a killing deciding who gets what in a polygamist divorce. Either way you have that right, I wouldn't hold your breath on getting legislation changed though.
    Last edited by iguanaman; 01-07-15 at 05:21 PM.

  2. #112
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,629

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    It's funny that you would promote polygamy considering your religious objections to gay marriage. Are you a Mormon?
    no I am just showing you the insanity of the argument you used. I am basically throwing your argument back in your face.
    the fact that you can't defend against your own argument shows why it is logically insane and can make anyone into anything.

    you throw the word bigot around like it has an affect on a person. you preach of tolerance of others yet shown none yourself.
    I am not promoting anything other than the argument that you used can be used to justify anything, and how dare someone disagree with it.

    if they do then we can call them names and attempt to demean them as if it adds weight to the argument.

    the fact that you would deny people the equal marriage rights shows how much hyperbole is behind that argument in general. it shows how bigoted you are.
    sucks to become the thing you say you hate doesn't it.

  3. #113
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    no no no see now you have moved the goal posts. I figured as much.
    the whole thing has dealt with equal rights to marry. now you want to prevent that to other people simply because you don't agree with their lifestyle.
    why are you being such a bigot?

    polygamist have the right to marry whomever they want to and who are you to tells them no. why would you deny them their equal rights in marriage.
    Well they have the right to live with whoever they want and call it marriage within their belief system. What they dont have is the legal recognition that brings with it the benefits and legal protections that couples get in marriage.

    And as long as they didnt get *more* benefits and legal protections than couples, I dont care at all if they legalize polygamy. As I mentioned, they live that way anyway. As long as they are treated "equally" then I dont care. But it's been pointed out by others that that would be difficult, if not impossible.

    Hence, an illustration of human vs civil rights. People practice polygamy all the time, it's just not sanctioned by the law. It's also not prevented by law.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #114
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,361

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    no I am just showing you the insanity of the argument you used. I am basically throwing your argument back in your face.
    the fact that you can't defend against your own argument shows why it is logically insane and can make anyone into anything.

    you throw the word bigot around like it has an affect on a person. you preach of tolerance of others yet shown none yourself.
    I am not promoting anything other than the argument that you used can be used to justify anything, and how dare someone disagree with it.

    if they do then we can call them names and attempt to demean them as if it adds weight to the argument.

    the fact that you would deny people the equal marriage rights shows how much hyperbole is behind that argument in general. it shows how bigoted you are.
    sucks to become the thing you say you hate doesn't it.
    I stated that gays couples have the same rights as straight couples and you went off on a tangent about polygamy. You might as well have asked about pedophile marriages or animal matrimony it is all the same and has nothing to do with couples who love each other's right to get married. Your belief that if you don't dictate what matrimony is then anything goes is disingenuous on your part and totally false in reality. Because I don't believe pedophiles can molest children that makes me a bigot?
    Last edited by iguanaman; 01-07-15 at 05:32 PM.

  5. #115
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,775

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    Ok, show me where government involvement in marriage is not about control.
    How about you show me where it is about "control." This was your declaration, man, you ****in support it. Control of what?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #116
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    1.)It's not meaningless. People's human right (if it is so) to live together in the US is not breached in any way.
    2.) Marriage is a legal convention, period. Marriage in any other sense: physical, traditional, emotional....is not infringed on.

    "Rights and privileges and contract obligations" for marriage are accorded by govt, and change all the time.

    3.) And your number 1) should read, YES, its very clear human rights are not 100% legal rights. Because that is what I wrote, in other words, in my post.
    1.) yes its meanignless to the fact that human rights are not 100% legal rights
    2.) again you are free to feel this why all you want, human rights orgs disagree
    3.) my 3 is fine and 100% accurate
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #117
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    Sure it does, you perhaps do not like the answer. I am not looking for someone to replace all the ways the government handles individual relations.
    translation: you have no answer, that's what i thought lol
    saying what you want is not saying how you do it. I could say i want guns to be legal everywhere that doesnt answer how i would do it

    Ill ask again and i bet you dodge it again
    you said "I'd rather just see government out of the mix entirely."

    Im asking you how would you do that? what system would you put in place to do all the things a marriage contract does and do it without involving government?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #118
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) yes its meanignless to the fact that human rights are not 100% legal rights
    2.) again you are free to feel this why all you want, human rights orgs disagree
    3.) my 3 is fine and 100% accurate
    Great. IMO, people's human rights are not infringed on by marriage laws one way or another in the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #119
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    1.)no I am just showing you the insanity of the argument you used. I am basically throwing your argument back in your face.
    2.) the fact that you can't defend against your own argument shows why it is logically insane and can make anyone into anything.
    3.)you throw the word bigot around like it has an affect on a person.
    4.) you preach of tolerance of others yet shown none yourself.
    5.) I am not promoting anything other than the argument that you used can be used to justify anything, and how dare someone disagree with it.
    6.) if they do then we can call them names and attempt to demean them as if it adds weight to the argument.

    the fact that you would deny people the equal marriage rights shows how much hyperbole is behind that argument in general. it shows how bigoted you are.
    sucks to become the thing you say you hate doesn't it.
    1.) and it completely fails and multiple posters are pointing out, its FACTUALLY no analogous no matter how much you make the fallacy claim that it is
    2.) except fore the fact you have not provided the same argument lol
    3.) bigot is a bigot, doesnt matter how that term affects a person
    4.) this may be true but can you show where iguanaman factually hasnt shown tolerance?
    5.) again it cant and you analogy failed, repeat this fallacy 10 more times it will still be false
    6.) call what names? demean who
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #120
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: As gay marriages begin in Florida, Supreme Court is set to meet on issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Great. IMO, people's human rights are not infringed on by marriage laws one way or another in the US.
    and has i said before you are free to have that opinion, i simply was pointing out i thought it was very weird because i see no logic in that opinion since human rights orgs disagree, but like i said to each thier own

    what arent you getting?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •