Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 199

Thread: Pit bull shot by Lee County deputy

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Pit bull shot by Lee County deputy

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    So we dispatch helicopter to apprehend people who are biking without a headlight. This is America, damn it, land of the free. If you want to peddle without a headlight, move to Europe!!!!!
    In fairness, the police helicopter is always flying around. It's not like the chopper was scrambled just for this. It was already on patrol and just respobded to a call.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Pit bull shot by Lee County deputy

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    Why didn't the governor just call out the National Guard? Or at least bring in the FBI.
    We need a riot first. Know any black dogs?

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Pit bull shot by Lee County deputy

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I have realistic, IMO, worries about cops coming to my property for unfounded reasons and shooting my dogs that are here to defend me. I'll probably die too because I will fire to save them.

    Because I know that I will not be a legitimate focus of police invading my property, I dont commit crimes.
    If your dogs are "defending" you when you aren't being attacked then you're a ****ty owner and shouldn't have dogs in the first place.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Pit bull shot by Lee County deputy

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    If I'm recalling rightly, Military Drones are now able to be used in the United States.
    That's true but only under strict rules to protect everyone's rights. For example, for every cis white drone there has to be a transginger drone and a black or very dark brown drone, and at least one drone has to have a vagina or the department gets sued. If a drone who sexualy identifies at steem-train flies in your airspace then you have to make the motion with your arm and go "choo-choo" or you're a racist/bigot/homophobe.

  5. #25
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,878

    Re: Pit bull shot by Lee County deputy

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    If your dogs are "defending" you when you aren't being attacked then you're a ****ty owner and shouldn't have dogs in the first place.
    I have rural, fenced, gated property. They are defending all that and it's a looooong walk to the house.

    And it doesnt have to be rural or large property. Dogs defend their yards. That's their job, their territory. It's bred into them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #26
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,710
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Pit bull shot by Lee County deputy

    What would be interesting to know is if the K9 dog was leashed when the pit bull attacked.

  7. #27
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Pit bull shot by Lee County deputy

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    In fairness, the police helicopter is always flying around. It's not like the chopper was scrambled just for this. It was already on patrol and just respobded to a call.
    So long as it wasn't busy on other matters, that makes things somewhat less insane.

    Still seems like overkill though
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  8. #28
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,476

    Re: Pit bull shot by Lee County deputy

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    We need a riot first. Know any black dogs?

    Not really, obviously just a bicycle without a light.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Pit bull shot by Lee County deputy

    An old story, but it still pisses me off:

    "Mary Kate Hallock arrived at her Oakland hills home after running errands Tuesday and found a blue note fluttering on her front door. "Oakland police responded to your residence to investigate a burglar alarm," the handwritten note read. "While circling the rear perimeter, lab advanced on officers in a threatening manner before being shot and killed." "Lab" was Gloria, an 11-year-old, arthritic yellow Labrador Hallock's family had owned since she was a puppy. Oakland police shot Gloria three times with a 40-caliber Glock handgun in the family's backyard while responding to a false burglar alarm at the property. The dog, police said, growled and barked at them. "I probably read that note 10 times," Hallock, an Oakland preschool teacher, said Thursday. "I was incredulous. Gloria's never bit anyone. She's just a gentle old dog, a classic Lab, always wagging her tail.""

    Answering alarm, Oakland police kill family dog - SFGate

  10. #30
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Pit bull shot by Lee County deputy

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    An old story, but it still pisses me off:

    "Mary Kate Hallock arrived at her Oakland hills home after running errands Tuesday and found a blue note fluttering on her front door. "Oakland police responded to your residence to investigate a burglar alarm," the handwritten note read. "While circling the rear perimeter, lab advanced on officers in a threatening manner before being shot and killed." "Lab" was Gloria, an 11-year-old, arthritic yellow Labrador Hallock's family had owned since she was a puppy. Oakland police shot Gloria three times with a 40-caliber Glock handgun in the family's backyard while responding to a false burglar alarm at the property. The dog, police said, growled and barked at them. "I probably read that note 10 times," Hallock, an Oakland preschool teacher, said Thursday. "I was incredulous. Gloria's never bit anyone. She's just a gentle old dog, a classic Lab, always wagging her tail.""

    Answering alarm, Oakland police kill family dog - SFGate
    Frankly I'm a bit more concerned about a helicopter and K9 unit even being involved at all in chasing down someone for not having a working bike light at night...

    without the seemingly over-the-top response there, the dog encounter never would have happened.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •