Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
Results 191 to 199 of 199

Thread: Pit bull shot by Lee County deputy

  1. #191
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Pit bull shot by Lee County deputy

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Yes and so while they were waiting for the k9 unit to show up they could have informed the homeowners not to come outside or let any pets outside.
    Probably happened, since the owner says they talked to police before the incident and knew that there was a suspect in the area. That puts the blame on them, the owners for allowing their dog to get out rather than securing the dog inside properly.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #192
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Pit bull shot by Lee County deputy

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Their decision was incompetent since it was the main factor in their botched search for the suspect that caused their failure.
    That's your opinion....Now tell us your expertise in Law Enforcement?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #193
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,038

    Re: Pit bull shot by Lee County deputy

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    If.

    But police dogs are looking for a fight. That's what they're for. That's why they're used. To fight and to win, even if it's handler has to shoot it's opponant.

    I like that you mention streys because a local snake and feral dog problem is why I began carrying a gun.

    I've been looking into falconry recently, I wonder if raptors can be trained to go after strays.
    “Your mission is clear cut and well defined. The set of philosophies you develop in order to achieve that mission will determine whether you make a beneficial contribution to the role police dogs play in modern law enforcement or whether you become a liability which undermines the good work of many men before you.” - Bruce Jackson, Pierce County Sheriff’s Department, Washington Home

  4. #194
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,038

    Re: Pit bull shot by Lee County deputy

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That's your opinion....Now tell us your expertise in Law Enforcement?
    I have as much as you can prove here in this debate. But thanks for your opinion.

  5. #195
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,038

    Re: Pit bull shot by Lee County deputy

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Probably happened, since the owner says they talked to police before the incident and knew that there was a suspect in the area. That puts the blame on them, the owners for allowing their dog to get out rather than securing the dog inside properly.
    Probably, but you dont really know do you? Lets for the sake of argument say that the owner was warned to keep their pet inside beforehand. That doesnt excuse the shooting. it just means that the owner didnt follow direct orders from law enforcement. The article says nothing of the homeowners being charged with a crime. The article also doesnt say that the police dog was severely hurt. It just says that the police dog was fine. If the police dog was injured you can bet that there would be charges against the homeowner.

  6. #196
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Pit bull shot by Lee County deputy

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Probably, but you dont really know do you? Lets for the sake of argument say that the owner was warned to keep their pet inside beforehand. That doesnt excuse the shooting. it just means that the owner didnt follow direct orders from law enforcement. The article says nothing of the homeowners being charged with a crime. The article also doesnt say that the police dog was severely hurt. It just says that the police dog was fine. If the police dog was injured you can bet that there would be charges against the homeowner.
    It would justify the shooting. The police dog was doing its duty, and the other dog interfered with that duty. The police dog should not have been attacked to begin with. The police dog should not have to face or take serious injury just to justify ending the attack against it.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #197
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Pit bull shot by Lee County deputy

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    I have as much as you can prove here in this debate. But thanks for your opinion.
    Ok, so I'll take that to mean none...I don't have any either, other than one of my best friends in Maryland was a State Trooper....So, assuming you have none (because you wouldn't outline it) what makes you think that your opinion means anything at all relating to fact.????
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #198
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,038

    Re: Pit bull shot by Lee County deputy

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    It would justify the shooting. The police dog was doing its duty, and the other dog interfered with that duty. The police dog should not have been attacked to begin with. The police dog should not have to face or take serious injury just to justify ending the attack against it.
    It is unclear if the police dog was attacked or if the police dog did the attacking. BTW a well trained dog will not fight regardless unless given a command.

  9. #199
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,038

    Re: Pit bull shot by Lee County deputy

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, so I'll take that to mean none...I don't have any either, other than one of my best friends in Maryland was a State Trooper....So, assuming you have none (because you wouldn't outline it) what makes you think that your opinion means anything at all relating to fact.????
    Funny angle for a debate you got going there. But you are right all of these debates on this site are meaningless so what is your point? That in this one thread it makes a damn difference? Hell I could lie to you tell you that I was a retired cop or studied law or countless other lies. I have cops for friends but that also doesnt make me a authority. What it comes down to is can you argue against my claims? Not throwing out your opinion I am not qualified to have a opinion on the subject. If you dont want debate just stop replying. If you think that I have done something wrong report me. Thats about the only way that you could shut me up, which usually is the point in trying to disqualify a debater.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •