Page 20 of 61 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 604

Thread: Man tries to run over Pa. police, shot dead

  1. #191
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Man tries to run over Pa. police, shot dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    Being offensive in and of itself doesn't solve problems.
    Thats true, but when its also the truth its a different matter altogether. The messenger isn't the problem, but to you apparently the truth is.

  2. #192
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Man tries to run over Pa. police, shot dead

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Oh, and in history, did they immediately within one generation completely heal as a culture? I don't recall that.
    No, and in fact AA's have improved themselves much faster than other groups. However-you must realize that many of these problems are more recent innovations, since the war on poverty. Blacks had higher rates of employment and even higher marriage rates than whites until the war on poverty.

  3. #193
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Man tries to run over Pa. police, shot dead

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatNews2night View Post
    That's the only valid thing. Poor. Rich. Race has virtually nothing to do with it, in the biological sense. Historically black folks were brought here as slaves, but if instead yellow people had been brought here as slaves then their descendants would be facing the same gap.
    Asians, largely the Chinese faced many of the same issues but they also value education and family. Fast forward 100+ years and Asians do much better than whites do. The recipe for success is colorblind.

  4. #194
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Man tries to run over Pa. police, shot dead

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Asians, largely the Chinese faced many of the same issues but they also value education and family. Fast forward 100+ years and Asians do much better than whites do. The recipe for success is colorblind.
    You just said over 100+ years... best case scenario - how long has it been that black people were treated even remotely fairly in this country?
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  5. #195
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Man tries to run over Pa. police, shot dead

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatNews2night View Post
    That's the only valid thing. Poor. Rich. Race has virtually nothing to do with it, in the biological sense. Historically black folks were brought here as slaves, but if instead yellow people had been brought here as slaves then their descendants would be facing the same gap.
    That's an idealistic assessment, and while poverty is certainly connected to the issue, it doesn't account for everything.
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  6. #196
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Man tries to run over Pa. police, shot dead

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    You just said over 100+ years... best case scenario - how long has it been that black people were treated even remotely fairly in this country?
    You are hinting to state-sanctioned racism. But most of the issues with the black community are the result of personal decisions. How does systemic racism 60 years ago make a guy have 10 kids with 8 moms, all while not having a job or selling drugs? Explain that.

  7. #197
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Man tries to run over Pa. police, shot dead

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    You are hinting to state-sanctioned racism. But most of the issues with the black community are the result of personal decisions. How does systemic racism 60 years ago make a guy have 10 kids with 8 moms, all while not having a job or selling drugs? Explain that.
    Because cycles of abuse continue. If your dad is a raging alcoholic who abuses drugs, there is a good chance you might end up that way too. Especially if you are surrounded by a ton of other people who do that. And if your neighborhood is violent, and everyday your are looking over your shoulder.

    The state abused an entire race until ~60 years ago (60 years ago is just when the state stopped doing it but the abuse continued for years after that by individuals). But it doesn't just go away - the state ruined people's lives. And those lives ruined their kids lives. And their kids lives.

    Somehow people need to step in and help end the cycle.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  8. #198
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Man tries to run over Pa. police, shot dead

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Because cycles of abuse continue. If your dad is a raging alcoholic who abuses drugs, there is a good chance you might end up that way too. Especially if you are surrounded by a ton of other people who do that. And if your neighborhood is violent, and everyday your are looking over your shoulder.

    The state abused an entire race until ~60 years ago (60 years ago is just when the state stopped doing it but the abuse continued for years after that by individuals). But it doesn't just go away - the state ruined people's lives. And those lives ruined their kids lives. And their kids lives.

    Somehow people need to step in and help end the cycle.
    But even you admit these are personal decisions, and therefore wont change unless the individual does. With that hard truth established, thats where the progress will be made-and yet we have posters who call this fact "offensive" when its the only thing that will substantively help.

  9. #199
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Man tries to run over Pa. police, shot dead

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Thats true, but when its also the truth its a different matter altogether. The messenger isn't the problem, but to you apparently the truth is.
    You are most certainly not the voice of truth.
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  10. #200
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Man tries to run over Pa. police, shot dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    You are most certainly not the voice of truth.
    Nothing will change until personal responsibility and accountability is achieved. Thats the truth you are running from.

Page 20 of 61 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •