Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 604

Thread: Man tries to run over Pa. police, shot dead

  1. #101
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Man tries to run over Pa. police, shot dead

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    What are you suggesting? What freedoms should an individual or group give up because society wants to correct these failings--presumably by force?
    All of them, is what the Libbos want us to give up, and let people like Jonathon Gruber make our decisions for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #102
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Man tries to run over Pa. police, shot dead

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yes it does, otherwise, it's no actually a racist policy. By use of propaganda, people can be made to believe that it's so.

    I'm going to have to insist that you explain why those so-called racist policies only effect a minority of blacks and no other demographic. Or, admit that all you're doing is spreading the propaganda.
    You don't get a pass from racism just because you've failed to harm every single minority equally in a measurable way.

    They're racist because they harm a race in a measurably higher way than other races. That's racist.

  3. #103
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Man tries to run over Pa. police, shot dead

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    This is a window into the fail of the leftist mind.
    I like the way you failed to address any of the:

    a) points I've made

    b) statistics I've provided.

  4. #104
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Man tries to run over Pa. police, shot dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    You don't get a pass from racism just because you've failed to harm every single minority equally in a measurable way.

    They're racist because they harm a race in a measurably higher way than other races. That's racist.
    You claim it isn't genetic, but rather societal. If that's true, then I'm afraid you're going to explain why only blacks folks are effected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #105
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Man tries to run over Pa. police, shot dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    I like the way you failed to address any of the:

    a) points I've made

    b) statistics I've provided.
    The stats you posted are circumstantial. You continue to fail to show us why those stats exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Man tries to run over Pa. police, shot dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    I like the way you failed to address any of the:

    a) points I've made

    b) statistics I've provided.
    You seem to think pedaling the same old discredited lefty dogma is going to help you here, its not.

  7. #107
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,343

    Re: Man tries to run over Pa. police, shot dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    The only causes are genetic or societal. I'm of the opinion that the problems of blacks aren't due to genetic failures.

    I don't see increasing opportunity as a loss of freedom.

    Public schools haven't failed us, bureaucracy, funding, and parental involvement have failed our students.

    Nope. It's either nature or nurture. Society is the nurturer. It's society's fault if we're not nurturing our citizens properly.
    So if society decides that people should stay married you see that as an increased opportunity and not a loss of freedom? If society gets to decide to implement any necessary remedy to a societal failing in an individual or a group, then that becomes a reasonable possibility.

    If society can't fix what you call societal failings, then doesn't that same logic say that society USA failure?
    People in Dubai don't like the Flintstones but people in Abu Dhabi do

  8. #108
    Student Monte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    216

    Re: Man tries to run over Pa. police, shot dead

    The concept of "nature vs nurture" is outdated and no longer a mainstream principle relied upon by psychologists.
    It is a false dichotomy.
    And, even if it were sound, common sense dictates that there cannot be any absolutes when it comes to the study of human behavior/psychology. It also disregards freedom of choice.

    Since the beginning of this century psychologists (professionals not laymen) have refocused their efforts and beliefs on something called: epigenetics.
    It has to do with the experiences and actions of our blood ancestors changing the "presentations" and prioritizations of our genomes. The genes themselves are not changed. Simply put- it refers to the "sins of our fathers" influencing our personalities and actions.

    Epigenetics - Interesting stuff!

  9. #109
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Man tries to run over Pa. police, shot dead

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    The left has to rely on ignorance and these flawed assumptions to make its case. Always has.
    That's almost a contribution to the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You claim it isn't genetic, but rather societal. If that's true, then I'm afraid you're going to explain why only blacks folks are effected.
    Because of a history of poverty, combined with a history of racism, a history of broken homes, and
    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    You seem to think pedaling the same old discredited lefty dogma is going to help you here, its not.
    That's because:

    a) we still have the same problems.

    b) we still have the same causes to those problems because it hasn't been fixed.

    If we'd actually fixed the problems 150 years ago, we wouldn't be still struggling with them today. Alas, it's still ruining lives and making for a less pleasant world for everyone involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    So if society decides that people should stay married you see that as an increased opportunity and not a loss of freedom? If society gets to decide to implement any necessary remedy to a societal failing in an individual or a group, then that becomes a reasonable possibility.

    If society can't fix what you call societal failings, then doesn't that same logic say that society USA failure?
    I don't think I ever was advocating forcing marriage retention. I would encourage education and resources to aid people in being better partners, but that's not equivalent to denying divorce. I don't see that as a loss of freedom, but rather a win/win for both society and the individual.

  10. #110
    Sidewalk Inspector
    Utility Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 01:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,098

    Re: Man tries to run over Pa. police, shot dead



    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    New headline:

    White dude threatens cops, tries to run over them, gets killed. This sparks debate over race relations and gun control on DP.
    Amazing isn't it.

    The lives of police only matter here on DP when a black guy commits the crime.

    Hurry, change the subject, whitey did it......
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    There were, by most estimates, 500 Nazis in Charlottesville. One of them went homicidal. Not all Nazis are violent extremists. You are trying to rationalize your hatred and it's simply not rational.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    as I noted, its better that 10 nutjobs get guns than one good person be wrongly disarmed.

Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •