Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 254

Thread: Scalise Allegedly Spoke with White Supremacy Group [W:22, 100]

  1. #181
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,834
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Scalise Allegedly Spoke with White Supremacy Group

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    There are many extremist churches in the country: evangelicals are extremists. I don't put much credibility on the notion that Obama attended a "hate church". The right has been on him trying to tear him down since he took the oath of office: he was going to take the oath "on the Quoran"; remember? Black churches are a continuation of black history in this country. This country is rife with astounding contradictions and horribly unfair practices on the face our founding documents. So for a fire brimstone preacher to yell "God - damn - America" in the face of the facts only means that America is not what she's cracked to be and maybe God should be involved...
    Sounds like your making little more than lame, issued talking point apologies for Obama's choices.

    Choices with whom he associates (that a rather colorful list of characters - and your associations do in fact define you), the choices of churches he attended (again 'colorful' to say the least), and choices that he's made while in office, such as ridiculous legislative priorities (ObamaCare over economic recovery promoting legislation - in fact recovery hampering legislation and regulation).

    No, America isn't perfect. But I betcha that it's a dam sight more perfect than most other nations in the world, and yet, Obama's choice, his promise to “fundamentally change America”, when really, America's foundation is probably in better shape than the rest of it, and really not in any real need for 'fundamental change', at least not in the direction that Obama desires.

    The opposition party, realizing this, yes, has done their due diligence and done what opposing parties have done since the beginning of political parties, oppose those things which they see as least in the best interests of the nation and it's people. So what's your problem with that? That the opposition party doesn't prostrate themselves before Obama? For Christ's sake, Obama had it all for the first 2 years and could have gotten everything that he wanted in that time, and all he was able to manage was ObamaCare. That should tell you something about his meager capabilities.
    Last edited by eohrnberger; 01-01-15 at 02:40 PM.
    Disinformation campaign? The Russian collusion meme pushed by the 'news' media, behaving as a political propaganda organ, hell bent to destroy a legitimately elected president to implement his agenda per the votes of the same electorate. Reference The Big Lie Reference Goebbels

  2. #182
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,813

    Re: Scalise Allegedly Spoke with White Supremacy Group

    Quote Originally Posted by smb View Post
    It is not an issue of assuming. First I would ask if you are politician, especially a politician with desires on higher office, why would associate with a known white supremacist. Second, if a known white supremacist ask you to come speak at group what would make you think that the group is not also associated with white supremacy. If you don't make that connection then that shows a complete lack of fore thought which is almost as bad as willingly speaking to a group of white supremacists. With all that said this directly refutes what Scalise as already stated on the subject. That he was asked to speak at the event by some unknown person and he left the vetting of that group to and unknown staffer. So now not only is he showing a complete lack of judgement but is then lying about it and throwing his staff under the buss while doing it.
    Would you agree that there is no other evidence of him being racist?
    And the evidence of 1 meeting is slim and not enough to hang a person for.
    Intersting link if you wish to read it.
    snopes.com: Steve Scalise Attended White Supremacist Convention?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  3. #183
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,761
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Scalise Allegedly Spoke with White Supremacy Group

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    "Drawing out America haters for 50 years".
    Or at least slinging an unsubstantiated charge around.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  4. #184
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: Scalise Allegedly Spoke with White Supremacy Group

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Prove it.
    "The chickens have come home to roost" --Jeremiah Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #185
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,257

    Re: Scalise Allegedly Spoke with White Supremacy Group

    Quote Originally Posted by Horace View Post
    In looking around this thread and another on this topic, a lot of people gave credit to Scalise for just stepping up and saying if he did speak to a group of racist, he regrets doing so. Now it looks like Scalise did not speak to this group, but the fact he addressed the allegations head on and quickly is supposed to mean he should still resign, or step down or go into hiding. Or something. Who knows what the outraged torch wielding villagers want? Mob mentality is never known for its consistency or logic.
    When you put it like that it reminds me of stories that, even after being proven wrong, take on a certain life that has many saying doesn't matter if it's false.
    Hands-up-don't-shoot comes immediately to mind.

  6. #186
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,339

    Re: Scalise Allegedly Spoke with White Supremacy Group

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    Sounds like your making little more than lame, issued talking point apologies for Obama's choices.

    Choices with whom he associates (that a rather colorful list of characters - and your associations do in fact define you), the choices of churches he attended (again 'colorful' to say the least), and choices that he's made while in office, such as ridiculous legislative priorities (ObamaCare over economic recovery promoting legislation - in fact recovery hampering legislation and regulation).

    No, America isn't perfect. But I betcha that it's a dam sight more perfect than most other nations in the world, and yet, Obama's choice, his promise to “fundamentally change America”, when really, America's foundation is probably in better shape than the rest of it, and really not in any real need for 'fundamental change', at least not in the direction that Obama desires.

    The opposition party, realizing this, yes, has done their due diligence and done what opposing parties have done since the beginning of political parties, oppose those things which they see as least in the best interests of the nation and it's people. So what's your problem with that? That the opposition party doesn't prostrate themselves before Obama?
    Happy New Year, Erik!

    We have observed how it seems to go when they aren't in the driver's seat - the volumn of personal attacks increases, like any of us have a say in what's going on in DC! Whatever happened to "putting the shoe on the other foot?" I hope we see compromise rather than gridlock going forward - our country has a lot of internal problems to tackle - the infrastructure and our growing debt load being among the most important, IMO. We have a brand new year ahead of us, but who knows? Time will tell us, and history will one day record the results of what we do going forward. I can only hope for the best....

  7. #187
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Scalise Allegedly Spoke with White Supremacy Group

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    If it's anything like Jeremiah Wright's church, that'd be pretty extremist.
    What's extemeist about Jeremiah Wright's Church??


  8. #188
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,681

    Re: Scalise Allegedly Spoke with White Supremacy Group

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    Sounds like your making little more than lame, issued talking point apologies for Obama's choices.
    Not at all. Just using reason against lame right-wing assertions. The right has never been able to prove any of this nonsense.

    Choices with whom he associates (that a rather colorful list of characters - and your associations do in fact define you), the choices of churches he attended (again 'colorful' to say the least), and choices that he's made while in office, such as ridiculous legislative priorities (ObamaCare over economic recovery promoting legislation - in fact recovery hampering legislation and regulation).
    Perhaps the church wasn't that colorful when he attended it. Maybe it was. Fire and brimstone churches are always colorful. They "preach with the times". So, reason says that, just because Obama attended a popular black church means nothing. Time Magazine put Adolph Hitler on the cover as "man of the year". We; US, attended his '36 Olympics. So what's your point?

    No, America isn't perfect. But I betcha that it's a dam sight more perfect than most other nations in the world, and yet, Obama's choice, his promise to “fundamentally change America”, when really, America's foundation is probably in better shape than the rest of it, and really not in any real need for 'fundamental change', at least not in the direction that Obama desires.
    The "America is best" talking point that is devoid of reality. Fundamentally changing America, means to bring the country back around to the fair principals of the egalitarian ideal of the individual is king of his castle. He is not a vassal of Wall Street that is forced to invade a sovereign nation because GW Bush wanted to exploit a natural resource and because he wanted to be a a wartime president uhee - uhee... Reason will tell you two things: changing is not about repealing the founding documents: it;s about changing the paradigm -(the most fundamental social quality a country can have). And secondly, stop listening to Mark Levine. He's ans extremist dush.

    The opposition party, realizing this, yes, has done their due diligence and done what opposing parties have done since the beginning of political parties, oppose those things which they see as least in the best interests of the nation and it's people. So what's your problem with that? That the opposition party doesn't prostrate themselves before Obama? For Christ's sake, Obama had it all for the first 2 years and could have gotten everything that he wanted in that time, and all he was able to manage was ObamaCare. That should tell you something about his meager capabilities.
    Today's opposition party exaggerates and lies through their teeth. They tell so many lies so quickly that you can't remember who said what, and that is a fundamental practice of propaganda. And, as for Obamacare: I'm on Obamacare now. Are you sure you want to go there? You'll eat your words.

    Oh, and when did I say that Obama was a great president? Never have. He's a blue dog at best. Very disappointing.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  9. #189
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,681

    Re: Scalise Allegedly Spoke with White Supremacy Group

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Or at least slinging an unsubstantiated charge around.
    Why do you hate America?
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  10. #190
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,681

    Re: Scalise Allegedly Spoke with White Supremacy Group

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    "The chickens have come home to roost" --Jeremiah Wright

    Doesn't sound like cheering to me. Sounds like stating the facts. Reason says that he didn't cheer 911, he just stated the obvious. Can't go around toppling governments and putting profits in front of lives. Didn't work for the Romans either. The IRA had a few things to say to England on that note as well. And guess what? The Irish won.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •