Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 169

Thread: NATO flag lowered in Afghanistan as combat mission ends

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: NATO flag lowered in Afghanistan as combat mission ends

    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    Trust me. No battle buddy of mine gives Obama ANY credit for ANYTHING having to do with the war. This genius changed the rules of engagement to where we can't fire at the enemy until they have already shot at us. The "wait to get shot" rule is why no service member respects Obama.
    Mornin' 11Bravo. That's just one of them.....and now that most know that the Demos and BO are the ones that wanted to drop pay, pharmacy, by 7%. Have been gutting the Military and placing our people more at risk of harm. Their hollow words of what they have to say about us who serve. Should fall on deaf ears. Anytime they show up and try to demonstrate that they care.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,697

    Re: NATO flag lowered in Afghanistan as combat mission ends

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Mornin' 11Bravo. That's just one of them.....and now that most know that the Demos and BO are the ones that wanted to drop pay, pharmacy, by 7%. Have been gutting the Military and placing our people more at risk of harm. Their hollow words of what they have to say about us who serve. Should fall on deaf ears. Anytime they show up and try to demonstrate that they care.
    Well said. I don't know a single soldier, at least in my company/bat that actually thinks Obama is a good Commander in Chief. Heck, over 70% of the casualties in Afg since 2001 happened under Obama since he changed the rules of engagement. He's a cancer.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: NATO flag lowered in Afghanistan as combat mission ends

    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    Well said. I don't know a single soldier, at least in my company/bat that actually thinks Obama is a good Commander in Chief. Heck, over 70% of the casualties in Afg since 2001 happened under Obama since he changed the rules of engagement. He's a cancer.
    Yeah BO peep can't handle violence nor violent speech.....I know all about him before he became somebody. This reflects in all he does. Even with a war and or conflict.

  4. #44
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    Re: NATO flag lowered in Afghanistan as combat mission ends

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Sometimes, one must admit that a situtation is hopeless and that a ground up (top down?) rebuild is required. A "nation" that has never had a functional central government, has a 5% literacy rate and has one paved road cannot be expected to govern itself, much less, create (and control) a viable security force. In order for "democracy" to have any chance of success in a nation, it first requires a population that can make decisions without having them based, nearly entirely, upon corruption and loyalty to "tribal" leaders that maintain power by force.

    Phantom aid in Afghanistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    And that requires generational evolution which we see no evidence of occurring. Afghanistan is the same way its been for hundreds of years. Until they decide to change internally there nothing we can do for them. So all we can do is drop in from time to time and kill some terrorists.

  5. #45
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,894

    Re: NATO flag lowered in Afghanistan as combat mission ends

    Quote Originally Posted by annata View Post
    Pakistan rearrests Mumbai terror suspect | World news | The Guardian

    thought you might find this of interest. It was a re-arrest not revocation of bail.
    Good for 2 days from what I read on another news link.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: NATO flag lowered in Afghanistan as combat mission ends

    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    Well said. I don't know a single soldier, at least in my company/bat that actually thinks Obama is a good Commander in Chief. Heck, over 70% of the casualties in Afg since 2001 happened under Obama since he changed the rules of engagement. He's a cancer.
    Obama may declare victory in the US but everyone else in the world knows who won and who lost. Taliban declares 'defeat' of U.S. troops in Afghanistan - Chicago Tribune

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: NATO flag lowered in Afghanistan as combat mission ends

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    And that requires generational evolution which we see no evidence of occurring. Afghanistan is the same way its been for hundreds of years. Until they decide to change internally there nothing we can do for them. So all we can do is drop in from time to time and kill some terrorists.
    That's putting the best light on it.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,697

    Re: NATO flag lowered in Afghanistan as combat mission ends

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Obama may declare victory in the US but everyone else in the world knows who won and who lost. Taliban declares 'defeat' of U.S. troops in Afghanistan - Chicago Tribune
    It's a sad time in US history.

  9. #49
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,253

    Re: NATO flag lowered in Afghanistan as combat mission ends

    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    It's a sad time in US history.
    Sadder than Vietnam, Somalia?

    This isn't your first dance no matter how much anti obama spin you put on it.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,697

    Re: NATO flag lowered in Afghanistan as combat mission ends

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    Sadder than Vietnam, Somalia?

    This isn't your first dance no matter how much anti obama spin you put on it.
    I never once stated it was sadder than that. I said it is a sad time in US history. The only one who put spin on it is you.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •