Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 169

Thread: NATO flag lowered in Afghanistan as combat mission ends

  1. #111
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: NATO flag lowered in Afghanistan as combat mission ends

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    This is a terrible mistake by Obama and his administration and will come back to bite us in the ass just like Iraq.
    Always the same story with you Neo-cons......never saw a war that you didn't love and always want to keep us in war to fuel the war economy to pad the pockets of Enron and the cheney's of the world.....sad that you would do so off the backs of the good men and women of our military.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #112
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: NATO flag lowered in Afghanistan as combat mission ends

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Always the same story with you Neo-cons......never saw a war that you didn't love and always want to keep us in war to fuel the war economy to pad the pockets of Enron and the cheney's of the world.....sad that you would do so off the backs of the good men and women of our military.
    We wouldn't have to if libs weren't such giant pansies who refuse to take care of business when they are in.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #113
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: NATO flag lowered in Afghanistan as combat mission ends

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    We wouldn't have to if libs weren't such giant pansies who refuse to take care of business when they are in.
    LOL.....lets see......who was it that responded to 911 by manipulating the public and starting a war with a country that had zero to do with it....oh...and who was it that got the job done by focusing back on those who actually did attack us? Enough said. sorry Charlie.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: NATO flag lowered in Afghanistan as combat mission ends

    Quote Originally Posted by annata View Post
    Taliban claim win as NATO quit Afghanistan
    https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/world/a/25876775/

    We have not been defeated. We have not signed any agreement with the United States to conclude the war, then where is the sense that America put an end to the war? This means that the US and its allies have been completely defeated and are fleeing from the battlefield," Taliban spokesman Zabiul Mujahid said.
    In a statement on Monday, the Taliban said that the withdrawal of ISAF showed that perhaps the countries that invaded the country finally realised that the mission in Afghanistan was "the most idiotic decision of modern history".

    Heya AT. They will be feeling their Wheaties and doing some smack talkin' now.

  5. #115
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,813

    Re: NATO flag lowered in Afghanistan as combat mission ends

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Always the same story with you Neo-cons......never saw a war that you didn't love and always want to keep us in war to fuel the war economy to pad the pockets of Enron and the cheney's of the world.....sad that you would do so off the backs of the good men and women of our military.
    Not always
    WW2 – Roosevelt planned for the coming war - Democrat
    Vietnam- Kennedy – Johnston - Democrats
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  6. #116
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,813

    Re: NATO flag lowered in Afghanistan as combat mission ends

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    This is a terrible mistake by Obama and his administration and will come back to bite us in the ass just like Iraq.
    No one has really been successful at controlling Afghanistan. Mongols did though.
    The Mongol Invasion and the Destruction of Baghdad | Lost Islamic History

    Invasions of Afghanistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  7. #117
    Guru
    annata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    beneath the bodi tree
    Last Seen
    02-16-17 @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: NATO flag lowered in Afghanistan as combat mission ends

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Heya AT. They will be feeling their Wheaties and doing some smack talkin' now.
    no doubt MMC. The Taliban aren't really representative of the Pashtun; anymore then ISIL is of the Levant.

    FYI from Ghani:

    In a televised address, President Ashraf Ghani marked the transition by calling on Afghans to support their security forces in the interests of building a strong and peaceful country.

    “If, a year ago today, you had listened to regional and international analysts, they would never have thought that today would happen,” he said. “They were thinking: ‘How can a country with the problems that Afghanistan has successfully complete a security and political transition?’
    Afghan police investigate fatal rocket attack on wedding party | World news | The Guardian

    the lead story is about a mortar (rocket?) attack on a wedding party, this time in a house (?)

    President Ashraf Ghani called on Afghanistan's army and police on Thursday, to defend the country from the Taliban, hours after 20 wedding guests were killed by a mortar bomb fired during fighting between Afghan forces and insurgents
    Ashraf Ghani says Afghan forces now in charge - World - DAWN.COM

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: NATO flag lowered in Afghanistan as combat mission ends

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Indeed.....the Mongols had an answer for them. Especially Kublai Khan. Although, truthfully it wasn't just Afghanistan. It did happen to the Arabs and damn near all of that region. Put in check.....by the Horde.

  9. #119
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,337

    Re: NATO flag lowered in Afghanistan as combat mission ends

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Indeed.....the Mongols had an answer for them. Especially Kublai Khan. Although, truthfully it wasn't just Afghanistan. It did happen to the Arabs and damn near all of that region. Put in check.....by the Horde.
    Happy New Year, MMC.

    I hope that history does not repeat! Why has that section of the globe always been a curse to those who do not follow that "back to the dark ages" type of thinking?

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: NATO flag lowered in Afghanistan as combat mission ends

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Happy New Year, MMC.

    I hope that history does not repeat! Why has that section of the globe always been a curse to those who do not follow that "back to the dark ages" type of thinking?


    Heya Lady P. I doubt it will ever happen again. To many see that Global economy and Nation building.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •