Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 144

Thread: NK did not hack sony, according to security experts

  1. #81
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,944

    Re: NK did not hack sony, according to security experts

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    I am willing to bet you are trying to stroke your epen right now. When Norse and CloudFlare say it's bull****.. it's bull**** because they are leaders in Cyber Security. Norse also has real time tracking of hacks. FBI doesn't have a bunch of smart people. FBI is desperate for what they call "ethical" hackers. . So the FBI admits it's under manned in Cyber Security and aren't seeking the typical agent anymore who now currently staffs their Cyber Security division.. Imagine that..

    Then I would also say Guardians of Peace claiming it and then putting up a message for the FBI at Pastebin.. which was:



    FBI got trolled and you are still defending it?
    Don't own a epen and I am not the one here thinking I are so much smarter than the FBI so it looks like the only stroking going on here is you.

    The FBI needing more people does not mean they do not have a bunch of smart people already it just means they need more. And if you honestly think the FBI can not get help from the NSA you are very naive.

    I am not saying that the FBI is right or that it was NK that did this but to actually believe that the FBI didn't know what a proxy server is like you claimed shows you have no idea what you talking about.

  2. #82
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: NK did not hack sony, according to security experts

    Quote Originally Posted by braindrain View Post
    Don't own a epen and I am not the one here thinking I are so much smarter than the FBI so it looks like the only stroking going on here is you.

    The FBI needing more people does not mean they do not have a bunch of smart people already it just means they need more. And if you honestly think the FBI can not get help from the NSA you are very naive.

    I am not saying that the FBI is right or that it was NK that did this but to actually believe that the FBI didn't know what a proxy server is like you claimed shows you have no idea what you talking about.
    I think the FBI is 100% wrong and that's not thinking I am smarter then them, but rather I am not relaying on some horrible and out dated investigating methods from the 20th century for a 21st century technology. They are literally saying that an IP via a proxy server was used in a past hacking in South Korea is evidence NK hacked Sony. It's a ****ing proxy server which means anybody who uses the proxy server would by the FBI's own investigating would be a NK hacker, despite the proxy servers used are known hacker proxies and open to anybody to use.

    NSA isn't there to prevent but to exploit systems. Basically their job is to hack systems so "collection" can take place. For example, NSA hackers hacked Skype so all communications in Skype can be collected by NSA or find back doors to Microsoft Windows. All NSA could do is back track the attack to the proxy servers and if they could follow the data enough would come to whatever conclusion.. That's not a special gift, that's what Cyber Security firms do.

    End of the day... NK is easier to blame then some group with no nation state and then argue a Cyber Security bill has to be passed with a budget increase for NSA and FBI. It's all about money and who gains.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

  3. #83
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,944

    Re: NK did not hack sony, according to security experts

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    I think the FBI is 100% wrong and that's not thinking I am smarter then them, but rather I am not relaying on some horrible and out dated investigating methods from the 20th century for a 21st century technology. They are literally saying that an IP via a proxy server was used in a past hacking in South Korea is evidence NK hacked Sony. It's a ****ing proxy server which means anybody who uses the proxy server would by the FBI's own investigating would be a NK hacker, despite the proxy servers used are known hacker proxies and open to anybody to use.

    NSA isn't there to prevent but to exploit systems. Basically their job is to hack systems so "collection" can take place. For example, NSA hackers hacked Skype so all communications in Skype can be collected by NSA or find back doors to Microsoft Windows. All NSA could do is back track the attack to the proxy servers and if they could follow the data enough would come to whatever conclusion.. That's not a special gift, that's what Cyber Security firms do.

    End of the day... NK is easier to blame then some group with no nation state and then argue a Cyber Security bill has to be passed with a budget increase for NSA and FBI. It's all about money and who gains.
    You claiming that they don't know what a proxy server is and calling them twits sounds an awful lot like you saying you are smarter than them unless you don't know what a proxy server is and are you yourself a twit.

    Have you ever worked with the FBI or have any actual experience with them that would let you know what investigating methods they are using or is this just something you are making up. I have some experience working with them and seeing some of their methods. The do some of the best work in the world. Why do you think countries from all over the world get help from them.

    You also do not seem to know very much about the NSA if you think all they do is exploit other people's systems. They also are responsible for securing our nets as well. So yes they are there to prevent.

    It seems you really don't have to much knowledge about what you are talking about and just like making things up. Talking about things you don't really know is not a real good way to look smart.
    Last edited by braindrain; 12-29-14 at 09:38 PM.

  4. #84
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: NK did not hack sony, according to security experts

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post

    NSA isn't there to prevent but to exploit systems.
    Sorry you're wrong.

    "The NSA is also charged with the protection of U.S. government communications and information systems against penetration and network warefare."

    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Security_Agency
    Last edited by EnigmaO01; 12-29-14 at 09:45 PM.

  5. #85
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: NK did not hack sony, according to security experts

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    "What".....Right wingers don't listen to Security Experts? .....
    They don't. The conservative posters here have (predictably) been going on and on about how NK must have been responsible for the hack simply because the FBI told them so,

    in spite of the fact that experts in computer security have repeatedly denied that NK could be culprit.

    Hence, the conservative mindset: "I believe whatever the US govt. tells me--it's the Divine Truth, even if it contradicts the statements of experts."

  6. #86
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: NK did not hack sony, according to security experts

    Quote Originally Posted by braindrain View Post
    You claiming that they don't know what a proxy server is and calling them twits sounds an awful lot like you saying you are smarter than them unless you don't know what a proxy server is and are you yourself a twit.

    Have you ever worked with the FBI or have any actual experience with them that would let you know what investigating methods they are using or is this just something you are making up. I have some experience working with them and seeing some of their methods. The do some of the best work in the world. Why do you think countries from all over the world get help from them.
    And they can still lie.

  7. #87
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: NK did not hack sony, according to security experts

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    And they can still lie.
    Which has what relevance to braindrain's point that they perfectly are perfectly cyber capable?

    Hey you guys ever heard of the former Ft. Devens and know what was headquartered there? I bet not. I spent a few years there among some very bright people.
    Last edited by EnigmaO01; 12-29-14 at 09:51 PM.

  8. #88
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: NK did not hack sony, according to security experts

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Yeah, if you discount the fact that any decent network admin can tell you the source of the DDOS traffic hitting them.


    You don't know what you're talking about. They could NOT. DDOS attacks consist of a flood of TCP SYN packets, and the source IP of those packets could easily be falsified.

  9. #89
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: NK did not hack sony, according to security experts

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    I think the FBI is 100% wrong and that's not thinking I am smarter then them, but rather I am not relaying on some horrible and out dated investigating methods from the 20th century for a 21st century technology. They are literally saying that an IP via a proxy server was used in a past hacking in South Korea is evidence NK hacked Sony. It's a ****ing proxy server which means anybody who uses the proxy server would by the FBI's own investigating would be a NK hacker, despite the proxy servers used are known hacker proxies and open to anybody to use.

    NSA isn't there to prevent but to exploit systems. Basically their job is to hack systems so "collection" can take place. For example, NSA hackers hacked Skype so all communications in Skype can be collected by NSA or find back doors to Microsoft Windows. All NSA could do is back track the attack to the proxy servers and if they could follow the data enough would come to whatever conclusion.. That's not a special gift, that's what Cyber Security firms do.

    End of the day... NK is easier to blame then some group with no nation state and then argue a Cyber Security bill has to be passed with a budget increase for NSA and FBI. It's all about money and who gains.
    No, that's not how proxy servers work. I can easily identify individual users of one of my proxy servers.

  10. #90
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: NK did not hack sony, according to security experts

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post


    You don't know what you're talking about. They could NOT. DDOS attacks consist of a flood of TCP SYN packets, and the source IP of those packets could easily be falsified.
    You've obviously never been a sysadmin and seemingly know nothing of sourcing or mitigating DDOS attacks. I just came off of a day of dealing with one such.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •