Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 144

Thread: NK did not hack sony, according to security experts

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: NK did not hack sony, according to security experts

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    Right wingers don't listen to security experts--they listen to lindsay graham and rush limbaugh.
    "What".....Right wingers don't listen to Security Experts? .....

  2. #72
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: NK did not hack sony, according to security experts

    Quote Originally Posted by braindrain View Post
    I would be willing to bet you really have no idea about this. Have you somehow seen any of the evidence that the FBI has not released or are you just guessing. The FBI has a bunch of very smart people that work for them and they can also get assistance from several other US agencies among them the best electronic espionage and counter espionage agency in the world. You would have to be very naive to think the FBI does not understand what a proxy server is.

    I would say that to think you (who is only relying on what the media is reporting) know more then the FBI who are conducting the investigation makes you look quite a bit more like the twit then them.
    I am willing to bet you are trying to stroke your epen right now. When Norse and CloudFlare say it's bull****.. it's bull**** because they are leaders in Cyber Security. Norse also has real time tracking of hacks. FBI doesn't have a bunch of smart people. FBI is desperate for what they call "ethical" hackers. . So the FBI admits it's under manned in Cyber Security and aren't seeking the typical agent anymore who now currently staffs their Cyber Security division.. Imagine that..

    Then I would also say Guardians of Peace claiming it and then putting up a message for the FBI at Pastebin.. which was:



    FBI got trolled and you are still defending it?
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

  3. #73
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,489

    Re: NK did not hack sony, according to security experts

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    North Korea was NOT behind the Sony hack according to multiple security experts | Daily Mail Online



    If it was an inside job then it definitely would've been in the best interest of the FBI to blame it on a foreign enemy. If it was an inside job, what could this mean for internal security in the United States?

    I also find the Russia connection rather interesting.


    Amazing "leadership" from the community organizer.

    Moves a giant step closer to war based on questionable evidence.

    Now that's an OOPS with a capital OO
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  4. #74
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: NK did not hack sony, according to security experts

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    I am willing to bet you are trying to stroke your epen right now. When Norse and CloudFlare say it's bull****.. it's bull**** because they are leaders in Cyber Security. Norse also has real time tracking of hacks. FBI doesn't have a bunch of smart people. FBI is desperate for what they call "ethical" hackers. . So the FBI admits it's under manned in Cyber Security and aren't seeking the typical agent anymore who now currently staffs their Cyber Security division.. Imagine that..

    Then I would also say Guardians of Peace claiming it and then putting up a message for the FBI at Pastebin.. which was:



    FBI got trolled and you are still defending it?
    The NSA pays more and has always accepted hackers. Roughly double the salary and they don't have a dress code. The problem for the FBI is they can't seem to look past your credentials which are essentially criminal by law.

    But in this case, Sony had horridly screwed the pooch where it comes to security and again any decent network admin should have been able to tell them where the attack was sourced and to mitigate it within hours at the outside.

  5. #75
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,489

    Re: NK did not hack sony, according to security experts

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    Well couple of things set off alarm bells that this wasn't NK. The Source code US/FBI claimed to be of NK origin in it's press release is actually code that was released to the public. I.E. it's in the public domain. Which means ANYBODY with some skills can do it and leave that source code behind. Next.. the hacker/hackers never mention the movie in their releases. Not once. It was only after the MSM jumped to the conclusion did everybody assume that's what the hacking was for. And then why would the hackers be okay with the release of the movie without actually hacking Sony again?

    This is very simple stuff the FBI can't get straight.. and saying it was NK based on IPs? It's called Poxy servers FBI, you twits.
    Excellent post. Thanks. I knew there was something wrong with this from the beginning.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  6. #76
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: NK did not hack sony, according to security experts

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    The NSA pays more and has always accepted hackers. Roughly double the salary and they don't have a dress code. The problem for the FBI is they can't seem to look past your credentials which are essentially criminal by law.

    But in this case, Sony had horridly screwed the pooch where it comes to security and again any decent network admin should have been able to tell them where the attack was sourced and to mitigate it within hours at the outside.
    Yes, NSA is becoming more and more like China's hacking unit. NSA does heavily recruit hackers but NSA hacking unit is designed to hack not prevent hacking. FBI has always been behind the 8 ball on technology advances and NSA has always been used to take advantage in an offensive capacity. For example... the shutting down of NK "internet".. that was probably NSA.

    To me, this was an inside job. Somebody who worked at Sony or currently still does in IT had all the ability to do it. The first emails sent to Sony before and during the hack was about Sony business practices and not about the movie.

    FBI, Media, Sony and Obama made it about the movie. But wonder why? Oh that's right State Department actually advise Sony about making a movie about North Korea instead of a generic country like in the "Dictator".
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

  7. #77
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,029

    Re: NK did not hack sony, according to security experts

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Amazing "leadership" from the community organizer.

    Moves a giant step closer to war based on questionable evidence.

    Now that's an OOPS with a capital OO
    Amazing predictable response from you. It's Obama's fault!

  8. #78
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,029

    Re: NK did not hack sony, according to security experts

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    Yes, NSA is becoming more and more like China's hacking unit. NSA does heavily recruit hackers but NSA hacking unit is designed to hack not prevent hacking. FBI has always been behind the 8 ball on technology advances and NSA has always been used to take advantage in an offensive capacity. For example... the shutting down of NK "internet".. that was probably NSA.

    To me, this was an inside job. Somebody who worked at Sony or currently still does in IT had all the ability to do it. The first emails sent to Sony before and during the hack was about Sony business practices and not about the movie.

    FBI, Media, Sony and Obama made it about the movie. But wonder why? Oh that's right State Department actually advise Sony about making a movie about North Korea instead of a generic country like in the "Dictator".
    So what are your qualifications to come up with your conclusion?

  9. #79
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: NK did not hack sony, according to security experts

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    Yes, NSA is becoming more and more like China's hacking unit. NSA does heavily recruit hackers but NSA hacking unit is designed to hack not prevent hacking. FBI has always been behind the 8 ball on technology advances and NSA has always been used to take advantage in an offensive capacity. For example... the shutting down of NK "internet".. that was probably NSA.

    To me, this was an inside job. Somebody who worked at Sony or currently still does in IT had all the ability to do it. The first emails sent to Sony before and during the hack was about Sony business practices and not about the movie.

    FBI, Media, Sony and Obama made it about the movie. But wonder why? Oh that's right State Department actually advise Sony about making a movie about North Korea instead of a generic country like in the "Dictator".
    Back in 91 when the web was being born I was buds with a fellow student just graduating with the university's first Computer Sciences degree program. He looked at both, and same story. the NSA paid better, nicer work environment (for geeks) and they didn't care what you'd done before in your life, in fact you get bonus points for showing some hacks. The feebs are a little too hidebound to attract the sort of folks that live on the tech edge. They'll always be at a disadvantage.

    However, before you go too far chalking this up to Sony, you should know what the community is saying about their network security. It was shoddy. An eight year old with a Gameboy could have broken into it. In fact, how do you think the ftp topsites get the Sony movies before they are even released?

    Sony may have run with that and made it into publicity, but I have little doubt they were hacked from the outside. You know, server admins, we do keep logs and they're not as easy to fart with as the movies make you think. And when they are altered, it's easy to tell that too.

  10. #80
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: NK did not hack sony, according to security experts

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    However, before you go too far chalking this up to Sony, you should know what the community is saying about their network security. It was shoddy. An eight year old with a Gameboy could have broken into it. In fact, how do you think the ftp topsites get the Sony movies before they are even released?

    Sony may have run with that and made it into publicity, but I have little doubt they were hacked from the outside. You know, server admins, we do keep logs and they're not as easy to fart with as the movies make you think. And when they are altered, it's easy to tell that too.
    I am not saying Sony itself did it.. Just an active or former employee in IT department. Occam's Razor. It's more plausible then NK doing it. On top of that it's still an "outside" hack.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •