Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: North Korea blasts Barack Obama as 'monkey' over The Interview

  1. #1
    Invictus


    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,160

    North Korea blasts Barack Obama as 'monkey' over The Interview

    North Korea blasts Barack Obama as 'monkey' over The Interview
    December 27, 2014

    North Korea has blasted US President Barack Obama as a "monkey" encouraging cinemas to screen a comedy featuring a fictional plot to kill its leader, and threatened "inescapable deadly blows" over the movie. The isolated dictatorship's powerful National Defence Commission (NDC) also accused the US of "disturbing the internet operation" of North Korean media outlets. The NDC accused Obama of taking the lead in encouraging theatres to screen The Interview on Christmas Day. Sony had initially cancelled its release after major US theatre chains said they would not show it, following threats to movie-goers by hackers.

    "Obama always goes reckless in words and deeds like a monkey in a tropical forest," a spokesman for the NDC's policy department said in a statement published by the North's official KCNA news agency on Saturday. "If the US persists in American-style arrogant, high-handed and gangster-like arbitrary practices despite [North Korea's] repeated warnings, the US should bear in mind that its failed political affairs will face inescapable deadly blows," the NDC spokesman said.

    Sydney Morning Herald
    Can't help but wonder how Rodman views this choice of slur.


    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. -- Marine Corps General James 'Chaos' Mattis

    Repeal and Replace Trump.

  2. #2
    Jokes Are a Cry For Help.
    CMPancake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,975
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: North Korea blasts Barack Obama as 'monkey' over The Interview

    Obama's response:


  3. #3
    Global Moderator
    May the force be with you
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,937

    Re: North Korea blasts Barack Obama as 'monkey' over The Interview

    Poor Kim Jong Un.

    I imagine it's always tough being the fat kid in school. It must be extra tough being the only fat kid in your entire Country.
    Why do we fall?
    So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: North Korea blasts Barack Obama as 'monkey' over The Interview

    Well, at least Russia doesn't insult BO like they do. Kim might want to take notice of that should he take Putin's invitation to visit Russia in May.


    Russia offers support to North Korea amid Sony hack.....

    Russia on Thursday offered sympathy to North Korea amid the Sony hacking scandal, saying the movie that sparked the dispute was so scandalous that Pyongyang's anger was "quite understandable." Washington failed to offer any proof to back its claims of Pyongyang's involvement in the hacking, Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman Alexander Lukashevich said at a briefing, adding that the U.S. threats of retaliation were "counterproductive."

    He went on to say that Pyongyang had offered to conduct a joint investigation into the incident, adding that the proposal could help ease tensions and reflected a "sincere desire of the North Korean side to study the issue in detail." "We perceive the U.S. threats to take revenge and calls on other nations to condemn the Democratic People's Republic of Korea as absolutely counterproductive and dangerous, as they only would add tensions to the already difficult situation on the Korean Peninsula and could lead to further escalation of conflict," Lukashevich said.....snip~

    Russia offers support to North Korea amid Sony hack

  5. #5
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,923

    Re: North Korea blasts Barack Obama as 'monkey' over The Interview

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    Poor Kim Jong Un.

    I imagine it's always tough being the fat kid in school. It must be extra tough being the only fat kid in your entire Country.
    Exceptionally good point, Serenity. Exactly.

  6. #6
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,322
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: North Korea blasts Barack Obama as 'monkey' over The Interview

    According to some stuff I was researching last night Kim Jong Un is in an ever increasingly isolated position.

    Regardless of how the state may present itself, it would appear the power structure is not as stable as we thought.

    North Korea alledgely relies on whats called the "Gift Economy" or "Royal Economy" to maintain its power structure.

    That means essentially top officials are given expensive and elaborate gifts in order to ensure their loyalty and of course the threat of imprisonment for any opposition.

    The US and others have worked diligently to curb the influx of foreign currency into North Korea, thereby strangling the budget that Kim Jong Un has to maintain this type of economy.

  7. #7
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: North Korea blasts Barack Obama as 'monkey' over The Interview

    The NORKS better be cool, because Libbos see racism as a bigger crime than murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #8
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,937

    Re: North Korea blasts Barack Obama as 'monkey' over The Interview

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The NORKS better be cool, because Libbos see racism as a bigger crime than murder.

    My lights just flickered in my room.

  9. #9
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: North Korea blasts Barack Obama as 'monkey' over The Interview

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Well, at least Russia doesn't insult BO like they do. Kim might want to take notice of that should he take Putin's invitation to visit Russia in May.


    Russia offers support to North Korea amid Sony hack.....

    Russia on Thursday offered sympathy to North Korea amid the Sony hacking scandal, saying the movie that sparked the dispute was so scandalous that Pyongyang's anger was "quite understandable." Washington failed to offer any proof to back its claims of Pyongyang's involvement in the hacking, Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman Alexander Lukashevich said at a briefing, adding that the U.S. threats of retaliation were "counterproductive."

    He went on to say that Pyongyang had offered to conduct a joint investigation into the incident, adding that the proposal could help ease tensions and reflected a "sincere desire of the North Korean side to study the issue in detail." "We perceive the U.S. threats to take revenge and calls on other nations to condemn the Democratic People's Republic of Korea as absolutely counterproductive and dangerous, as they only would add tensions to the already difficult situation on the Korean Peninsula and could lead to further escalation of conflict," Lukashevich said.....snip~

    Russia offers support to North Korea amid Sony hack
    I want to see a movie making fun of Putin!

  10. #10
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: North Korea blasts Barack Obama as 'monkey' over The Interview

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    the norks better be cool, because libbos see racism as a bigger crime than murder.

    norks?

    Yeah I know what it means but...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •