Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 363

Thread: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

  1. #351
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by rhinefire View Post
    Time is money and Walmart is exactly what it is, a haven for the ignorant masses. If I ever go to a discount store it has been Target, but when I shop I demand assistance when I need it to locate an item. Ever ask for help from a discount store employee?
    Usually I don't need help with purchasing a new toaster, or my groceries.

    Even at some specialties stores, at least the big box specialty stores, I don't find their employees to be particularly knowledgeable. I can't tell you how many times I've been at Best Buy and was reading the side of a box, when an employee asked me if he could help me. I then ask him the question, and he takes the box out of my hand and starts reading the side - turns how he don't know no more than I do about the thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  2. #352
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,804

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by rhinefire View Post
    Time is money and Walmart is exactly what it is, a haven for the ignorant masses. If I ever go to a discount store it has been Target, but when I shop I demand assistance when I need it to locate an item. Ever ask for help from a discount store employee?
    You "demand" assistance, huh?
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  3. #353
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    You "demand" assistance, huh?
    Makes you wonder who is the ignorant one, the one who "demands assistance" while shopping, or the masses who are able to locate items on their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  4. #354
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 05:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Usually I don't need help with purchasing a new toaster, or my groceries.

    Even at some specialties stores, at least the big box specialty stores, I don't find their employees to be particularly knowledgeable. I can't tell you how many times I've been at Best Buy and was reading the side of a box, when an employee asked me if he could help me. I then ask him the question, and he takes the box out of my hand and starts reading the side - turns how he don't know no more than I do about the thing.
    Even at Lowe's and Homer I try not to make eye contact with an associate, lest they try to "help" me.

  5. #355
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,706

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Makes you wonder who is the ignorant one, the one who "demands assistance" while shopping, or the masses who are able to locate items on their own.
    Walmart tends to place things in rather odd places, sometimes even "seasonally" adjusting them. WTF is the sense of placing some tries and some spark plugs in separate locations (automotive vs.lawn/garden)? Some Walmart stores put the pet food on the grocery side of the store while others put it on the garden center side of the store.

    Lowe's has a great app that allows you to view what is actually present (including how many) in a given store and where (aisle and bin) you will find it in that store. The Lowe's website, on the other hand, often lists many items that must be special ordered.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  6. #356
    Why so un**great?
    DifferentDrummr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Facepalm Beach
    Last Seen
    06-04-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,818
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    You "demand" assistance, huh?
    Why shouldn't the customer get assistance if he wants it? That's a rather basic part of the retail business.
    I fight against the ignorant, irresponsible, and/or closed-minded.
    This group is the worst enemy of America and its freedoms. It includes, but is not limited to, all Trump supporters.

  7. #357
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,804

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by DifferentDrummr View Post
    Why shouldn't the customer get assistance if he wants it? That's a rather basic part of the retail business.
    Because reasonable people "ask" for assistance, they're not assholes and demand it.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  8. #358
    Why so un**great?
    DifferentDrummr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Facepalm Beach
    Last Seen
    06-04-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,818
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Because reasonable people "ask" for assistance, they're not assholes and demand it.
    I tried asking for service at a Walmart - once. It seemed like the associates genuinely wanted to be helpful, but they were just completely swamped. A sure sign of underhiring. That's just one reason I never shopped there regularly, and am not likely to in the future.
    I fight against the ignorant, irresponsible, and/or closed-minded.
    This group is the worst enemy of America and its freedoms. It includes, but is not limited to, all Trump supporters.

  9. #359
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,804

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by DifferentDrummr View Post
    I tried asking for service at a Walmart - once. It seemed like the associates genuinely wanted to be helpful, but they were just completely swamped. A sure sign of underhiring. That's just one reason I never shopped there regularly, and am not likely to in the future.
    Personally, I don't generally ask for help. If I can't find something, I don't buy it. I want stores laid out logically. If they cannot do that, I take my business elsewhere. However, that's quite a different issue from being demanding and simply requesting assistance. One is the sign of an asshole, the other of a polite individual.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  10. #360
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,176

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Hopes and dreams don't improve one's life, hard work, commitment and responsibility do. You can dream all you want, it isn't going to do a damn thing unless you get off your ass and make it happen.
    it DOES require work, perseverance, vision, sacrifice, commitment, responsibility, opportunity and a dose of luck
    but real accomplishment never happens without first the dream of it. being able to dream it is just as important as those other characteristics of success
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •