Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 363

Thread: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

  1. #341
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:39 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,683

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Why do you think you're entitled to someone else's earnings? Because the government took your property to pay other people while you were working? Is that it?
    From whose pay am I drawing? And for what purpose? And you don't believe in paying taxes to better your society?
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  2. #342
    Why so un**great?
    DifferentDrummr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Facepalm Beach
    Last Seen
    06-04-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,818
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Whereas I did it the other way, I worked hard, I chose to go to a private school and I worked hard to pay for it myself. I went to college and paid every red cent of it out of my own pocket. I worked multiple jobs while going to school full time, I sacrificed because I knew what was important and I ended up being a lot better off than my parents ever were. It can be done because I did it. Of course, the liberals don't want to hear that...
    See, here's where the "hard work and responsibility" argument starts to unravel.

    Did you make the choice to attend a private school, pass the entrance requirements, and get enough work to pay for it right after you sprung, fully functional, out of a test tube? Of course not. You had to LEARN how to work hard, and you had to LEARN responsibility. And at least in the beginning, someone had to teach you, didn't they? Most conservatives don't seem to have any idea how many children never get an opportunity to learn any of those things. They can't even conceptualize the world outside their social vacuum.
    I fight against the ignorant, irresponsible, and/or closed-minded.
    This group is the worst enemy of America and its freedoms. It includes, but is not limited to, all Trump supporters.

  3. #343
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    From whose pay am I drawing? And for what purpose? And you don't believe in paying taxes to better your society?
    If your drawing from Social Security you're benefiting from those paying into it now. I would imagine you feel justified in drawing from it because it's something you feel you are owed. Not because someone owes you anything, but because you feel that you paid into it and thus it is something you are owed to receive. As for paying taxes to better society, no, I don't believe in it.

  4. #344
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:39 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,683

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, I don't know that at all...It is behavior that drives redistribution. And further, I don't think it is nonsense at all. While I am all for helping those that are down, our current social welfare system is not only bloated, but inefficient at rooting out fraud. How long do you think a society can afford to take care of nearly half of its citizenry while they produce nothing?



    SS is NOT a pension, and wasn't supposed to be ever. It was, as far as I understand, supposed to be a supplement to retirement savings. It has however, become many peoples sole retirement income, while the COLA goes up, the contributor pool decreases. Primarily because the investment involved only returns 1% or less over the course of years...We'd be much better off had we just put the money in the stock market and taken our chances...Oh, and don't give me that crap of the recent crash BS. The market has traditionally paid out over 8% even with the downturns.



    No, the two are separate. Unless the government is investing in the stock market with our money, and only giving us the scraps...Which I know you know better...Try as you might Jet, you are projecting an anti capitalist screed that would in real world realization fail miserably....We may not have a perfect system in this country, but it is among the best in the world.



    Maybe you need a shower?
    I gave public knowledge about the cons and welfare over to you: apparently I was wrong. Not about cons and welfare, but about your take on public knowledge…

    “Redistribution” is a poor choice of words and very misleading. No money is taken and the redistributed to the poor: that’s a communist idiom taken during the southern American revolutions; redistribution of land for instance. WE redistributed land after our Revolution ya’know. Yes, I agree that our assistance programs are bloated and we do give away too much money. And yes, the black market in this area is a real problem. I wish, that for my money, patriotic Republicans (cough) would spend more time and energy making all of aware of exactly what those problems are and designing plans that go after that kind of fraud instead of mind-screwing everybody with idioms like redistribution of wealth: that’s stupid and only shows malfeasance in Republican leadership.

    No, SS is not a pension: I am drawing from a pension system and it’ll be some time before I can draw from SS. I used the pension system as an example; like SS that one pays into and can draw from, that does not suffer the slings and arrows of the outrageous stock market like 401Ks do. My ex mother-in-law worked for United airlines her entire adult life and lost the whole kit and kabootal when UAL had a problem. The only guys that made it were union members who had a pension. And no, she was not a union member and thought that unions were stupid up until the time she lost her ass. So, 8% you say? She got 0%.

    As for SS and Wall Street; yes, the two are separate. Wall Street and its minions want to do away with SS under the cover of this “going broke” scenario. The everybody’s former SS payments will go into the market, where there are fees and bonuses… Yeah, you bet there’s a rat. And noooo, I’m not saying anything that could be construed as anti capitalistic, I just know a rat when I see one.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  5. #345
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by DifferentDrummr View Post
    See, here's where the "hard work and responsibility" argument starts to unravel.

    Did you make the choice to attend a private school, pass the entrance requirements, and get enough work to pay for it right after you sprung, fully functional, out of a test tube? Of course not. You had to LEARN how to work hard, and you had to LEARN responsibility. And at least in the beginning, someone had to teach you, didn't they? Most conservatives don't seem to have any idea how many children never get an opportunity to learn any of those things. They can't even conceptualize the world outside their social vacuum.
    And why don't they have the "opportunity" to learn any of those things? Who isn't teaching them, and why is it my fault?

  6. #346
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    And why don't they have the "opportunity" to learn any of those things? Who isn't teaching them, and why is it my fault?
    Lot's of reasons. Many of which have nothing to do with the individual. That's why us old timers used to say walk a mile in someone's shoes before you criticize that person. And when you are able to see possibilities, they don't really exist for you. I've known that blindness. It's not an easy thing to overcome. Impossible until the vision improves.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #347
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Lot's of reasons. Many of which have nothing to do with the individual. That's why us old timers used to say walk a mile in someone's shoes before you criticize that person. And when you are able to see possibilities, they don't really exist for you. I've known that blindness. It's not an easy thing to overcome. Impossible until the vision improves.
    Oh, I thought it was so you would be a mile away, and have their shoes. All joking aside, I see your point. I just wish people would learn to be more responsible and teach their kids these basic principles.

  8. #348
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Oh, I thought it was so you would be a mile away, and have their shoes. All joking aside, I see your point. I just wish people would learn to be more responsible and teach their kids these basic principles.

    That would be what should happen in a perfect world. But that's not the one we have.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #349
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Have a link where I said that?
    Didn't think so!



    Who's won the messaging war since the election of 2014, US Conservative ?
    Nimby, we all remember-people dont forget.

  10. #350
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,935

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    So you have never shopped at a discount retailer?
    Time is money and Walmart is exactly what it is, a haven for the ignorant masses. If I ever go to a discount store it has been Target, but when I shop I demand assistance when I need it to locate an item. Ever ask for help from a discount store employee?

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •