Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 363

Thread: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

  1. #231
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    And you just did the same thing...Putting me in a box, while failing to quote me in context will not help your argument.
    You are correct.

    I suspect that you just phrased that in a way that rubbed people wrong, and that it didn't at all communicate what you really meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  2. #232
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    That's an excellent story, I really enjoyed it, and thank you for posting.

    I think back to my buddy Greg, whose dad was a farmer. At harvests, he would go to the grain weigh station, and after all the trips were made with the haulers, he'd go in and collect the money for the grain he sold. He'd then drive over to the local bank and cash the drafts, make deposits, and take a little bit out and salt it away.

    We his dad was killed during a farming accident, it was tragic, Greg was at a loss for sometime on what to do. He decided to sell what he could and tried to hold onto the farm. He was cleaning his dad's pickup truck one day to sell it, when he'd found an old mailbag under the bench seat, and in it was $20K. Now Greg didn't need to sell the truck, or the farm, and had money enough for the funeral expenses and a little extra to get by on.
    At least it was folding money and not pennies.

    Banks won't accept wheelbarrows full of coins, they require that they be rolled. It took four days for me, my wife, my mother and my son to roll $3000 worth of pennies.

    In the process of rolling those pennies, my wife exclaimed "here is an old one", I took a look at it, and it was a 1914-D in great condition. I recognized that date and mintmark to be one of the key coins in the series, so we listed it on ebay. Within hours of listing it, we got a notice from ebay that we had been accused of trying to sell a counterfit item. I took a close look at the enlarged picture, and realized that there was this big gap between the 9 and the 1 in the date. It was actually an 1944, and someone had scraped part of the 4 off to make it look like a 1. I was so embarrassed, and immediately removed the listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  3. #233
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    At least it was folding money and not pennies.

    Banks won't accept wheelbarrows full of coins, they require that they be rolled. It took four days for me, my wife, my mother and my son to roll $3000 worth of pennies.

    In the process of rolling those pennies, my wife exclaimed "here is an old one", I took a look at it, and it was a 1914-D in great condition. I recognized that date and mintmark to be one of the key coins in the series, so we listed it on ebay. Within hours of listing it, we got a notice from ebay that we had been accused of trying to sell a counterfit item. I took a close look at the enlarged picture, and realized that there was this big gap between the 9 and the 1 in the date. It was actually an 1944, and someone had scraped part of the 4 off to make it look like a 1. I was so embarrassed, and immediately removed the listing.
    Oh wow....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #234
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    But you don't give credence to Obama for the positives in the current economy.
    Such as 4.6% and 5.0% GDP growth in the last two quarters.
    How do you think this 4th quarter will go?
    Our gas war is down to $1.85 a gallon for petrol before food store discounts .
    Since the cost of fuel is down so much, I'm hoping food prices will begin to get lower too, after all, retailers base what they charge consumers partly upon transportation of the goods sold.

    We have shale exploitation and OPEC to thank for the oil price war going on now.

  5. #235
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    At least it was folding money and not pennies.

    Banks won't accept wheelbarrows full of coins, they require that they be rolled. It took four days for me, my wife, my mother and my son to roll $3000 worth of pennies.

    In the process of rolling those pennies, my wife exclaimed "here is an old one", I took a look at it, and it was a 1914-D in great condition. I recognized that date and mintmark to be one of the key coins in the series, so we listed it on ebay. Within hours of listing it, we got a notice from ebay that we had been accused of trying to sell a counterfit item. I took a close look at the enlarged picture, and realized that there was this big gap between the 9 and the 1 in the date. It was actually an 1944, and someone had scraped part of the 4 off to make it look like a 1. I was so embarrassed, and immediately removed the listing.
    I've heard of people trying to pay fines and court costs with pennies, even some have tried to pay their taxes with pennies, now that's what we call revolting.

  6. #236
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Once again Joe you fail to comprehend and only choose to attack me from word one. Notice I said from both "right and left".... What more do you want?
    I comprehended fine. You have not, however.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #237
    Sage
    JumpinJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-12-17 @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,628

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    First, this is not about the Bush administration anymore, although, I will say that Bush was anything but a true conservative. In fact, I would call him a progressive centrist. And as for the patriot act, that was not done through dictate as I recall. Congress, both left and right passed that out of fear, and a great lack of intel, caused by the very same left that is now going about "stovepiping" intel today all over again. Oh, and I notice that Obama, has not only left these programs in place, but to some degree expanded on them. Do you support Obama Jack?

    Look, I think you know that I supported Bush during his administration, but to say that "Booosh did it" and nothing at all to do with Congress, including the demo's there is as dishonest and partisan as Feinstein and her silly one sided, cherry picked report.
    YOU were the one cherry picking. Supposedly pointing out a loss of liberty by one party only. Not even a mention that BOTH parties do it, when it serves their special interests who paid for them to get their job.

    I merely pointed out that the OTHER side did what, to me, was an unprecendeted taking away of our civil liberties, without a peep or questioning of their party's supporters. I saw how easy it was to get people to turn in their freedoms on the basis of fear and loyalty.

    The comments I heard from GOP supporters was along the lines of "What's wrong with that? I don't have anything to hide. Anyone with nothing to hide should have no problem with it." When we all know that the point of liberties is not because we have nothing to hide.

    As a GOP co-worker said to me, "But there's good that comes out of it, if they catch some terrorists." I replied, "There is ALWAYS good to come out of taking away liberties from the citizens. That's how they talk the citizens into not objecting. But that's not what our civil liberties are about."

    As for me, I regarded it as historical...the taking away of our privacy. I actually had nightmares of finding wiring in the walls that the govt had put in to spy on residents.

    It is true that the more restrictive our freedom is, the less likely bad guys can do their bad deeds. But the founding fathers found that the liberties were more important than finding bad guys through spying on the citizens.
    ________________________________

  8. #238
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by JumpinJack View Post
    YOU were the one cherry picking. Supposedly pointing out a loss of liberty by one party only. Not even a mention that BOTH parties do it, when it serves their special interests who paid for them to get their job.

    I merely pointed out that the OTHER side did what, to me, was an unprecendeted taking away of our civil liberties, without a peep or questioning of their party's supporters. I saw how easy it was to get people to turn in their freedoms on the basis of fear and loyalty.

    The comments I heard from GOP supporters was along the lines of "What's wrong with that? I don't have anything to hide. Anyone with nothing to hide should have no problem with it." When we all know that the point of liberties is not because we have nothing to hide.

    As a GOP co-worker said to me, "But there's good that comes out of it, if they catch some terrorists." I replied, "There is ALWAYS good to come out of taking away liberties from the citizens. That's how they talk the citizens into not objecting. But that's not what our civil liberties are about."

    As for me, I regarded it as historical...the taking away of our privacy. I actually had nightmares of finding wiring in the walls that the govt had put in to spy on residents.

    It is true that the more restrictive our freedom is, the less likely bad guys can do their bad deeds. But the founding fathers found that the liberties were more important than finding bad guys through spying on the citizens.

    Good Grief! Did you also not read where I said "Both right and left"??? Or just ignored that part like Boo because then you wouldn't be able to post your neat little rant here? Look, I'll make it as clear as possible for you, and if you still don't get it, then I can't help you...

    Yes, I did support Booooooosssssshhhhhh! after the attacks of 9/11 as many if not ALL of the demo's did. And I also know of just how duplicitous demos were when they turned on a dime shortly after, and all of the sudden picked up some sort of amnesia about their own words, and votes prior to that day, and immediately after, to pick up a populist narrative of being against the actions of the administration. They did so, nearly to the point in many cases that they could be accused of rendering aid and comfort to the enemy.

    Look JJ, the Patriot act was passed in the house 357 to 66, and in the Senate 98 to 2....So, don't give me that BS that it was a partisan adventure...The President is NOT a King, regardless of how Obama views his powers today, and these votes matter. It is simply disingenuous to sit there and type like demo's in the house an Senate had nothing to do with this. It is only now, that you don't like what a demo is doing with the law that all of the sudden you want to continue to bring it up as a bludgeon politically use against your opposition as if no one can look and see who voted on what....Do yourself a favor, and Educate yourself here:

    Senate Vote Roll Call on U.S. Patriot Act 2001 & 2006

    If demo's like yourself and Boo, are so against the provisions that yours, and his representatives keep voting for, then I suggest that rather than constantly looking for new, and irritating ways to blame it all on your political opponents, that you both get ahold of your elected reps, and bitch to them...You elected them, and they keep putting it in place...To do what you are doing is only being a dupe for them, and furthering a narrative fed to you by them.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #239
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,084

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    I agree, this is what liberalism brings, an air of self-importance and entitlement that everyone owes you something and you have no responsibility to anyone but yourself.
    must go brake in to stores the left compels me

  10. #240
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:55 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,940

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    "Attention, All Walmart Shoppers", you are losers and always will be. We have gone from "we shall bring him silver and gold" "I want that big screen and I will kill you and burn your store if you don't let me have it.

Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •