Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 363

Thread: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Well you must. See, here's the thinking - he thinks it's bad, therefore they must be a bunch of liberals (the source of all bad things). Since you are liberal, you must condone this because they have a "hive mind." (Does anyone else remember that bait thread that started as a rant about how liberals are like the Borg in Star Trek?)

    Ergo, you condone it. Because Al Sharpton told you to. Or something.
    This is silliness. What is the lefts aversion to personal responsibility?

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    If this were an IQ test, you just did really poorly. That's a huge leap in logic that doesn't even make sense. Let's try it:

    Rampant consumerism can be an example of thuggishness.
    All thugs are rampant consumers. T or F
    Kudo's for working the lefts anti-consumerism canard into this. People aren't responsible for their behavior, and somehow capitalism is to blame no doubt. Its just more cultural marxism on display.
    Consumerism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Lets try this again, can you give me an example of rampant consumerism that is thuggish? They aren't equivocal.

  3. #123
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,137

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    This is silliness. What is the lefts aversion to personal responsibility?
    What does this have to do with personal responsibility? I'm not personally responsible for "unruly" WalMart customers. Nor am I personally responsible for Al Sharpton. Where does my personal responsibility even come into play here?

    I wonder what the right's aversion to it is when it comes to the media. I guess only liberals have to have such things. Even so, none of this enters into the realm of things that I affect or am responsible for.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #124
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,137

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Kudo's for working the lefts anti-consumerism canard into this. People aren't responsible for their behavior, and somehow capitalism is to blame no doubt. Its just more cultural marxism on display.
    Consumerism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Lets try this again, can you give me an example of rampant consumerism that is thuggish? They aren't equivocal.
    So consumerism is a good thing? There's no other meaning to Christmas, just consumer goods and pretty lights?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #125
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,224

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    So consumerism is a good thing? There's no other meaning to Christmas, just consumer goods and pretty lights?

    Sure , consumerism is great.

    How is it relevant to a bunch of idiots getting out of hand because a Wallmart shut down early ?

    Unless you're trying to suggest that Consumerism is new and is the reason why these people couldn't control themselves why bring it up ?

  6. #126
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Kudo's for working the lefts anti-consumerism canard into this. People aren't responsible for their behavior, and somehow capitalism is to blame no doubt. Its just more cultural marxism on display.
    Consumerism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Lets try this again, can you give me an example of rampant consumerism that is thuggish? They aren't equivocal.
    Do you notice that you are not addressing any of the issues that are being presented to you? It has been explained to you, REPEATEDLY, that this single issue is what it is, but is a function of a larger issue that transcends any ideological bent that you so badly desire to frame this issue into. Yet, with whatever is being said and how often the single issue of idiots attacking the store is presented and agreed upon, you refuse to address the larger issue, and just stick with your silly "liberals suck" mantra, adding nothing to the discussion. Tell us... is it because you can't, because you are afraid to, or because then you wouldn't be able to blame everything on liberals... you'd actually have to think critically and in the big picture. Please tell us which one of these things are preventing you from addressing the larger issue so we can make note of it and react accordingly.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #127
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,876

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    This is silliness. What is the lefts aversion to personal responsibility?
    Jesus Christ on a cracker.

    Nobody is absolving the unruly Walmart customers for their behavior, guy. A hypothesis regarding what could foster such a mentality that would lead someone to be unruly when Walmart closes early is not the same as not holding those people responsible for their actions.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    So consumerism is a good thing? There's no other meaning to Christmas, just consumer goods and pretty lights?
    Its not some evil boogeyman like our leftist friends espouse. And the rest is a strawman. A Christmas strawman.

  9. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Do you notice that you are not addressing any of the issues that are being presented to you? It has been explained to you, REPEATEDLY, that this single issue is what it is, but is a function of a larger issue that transcends any ideological bent that you so badly desire to frame this issue into. Yet, with whatever is being said and how often the single issue of idiots attacking the store is presented and agreed upon, you refuse to address the larger issue, and just stick with your silly "liberals suck" mantra, adding nothing to the discussion. Tell us... is it because you can't, because you are afraid to, or because then you wouldn't be able to blame everything on liberals... you'd actually have to think critically and in the big picture. Please tell us which one of these things are preventing you from addressing the larger issue so we can make note of it and react accordingly.
    Of course it is what it is, watching leftists try to explain it though is quite amusing.

  10. #130
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,940

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    I think the real question is how did the American public get so infatuated with Walmart? When I was growing up in the 80's and 90's we went to supermalls where there were different stores to choose from rather than a giant big one.

Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •