Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 363

Thread: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

  1. #101
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,797

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Define thuggish behavior. Why can't something be "rampant consumerism" and thuggish behavior?
    It's the difference between looking at this single situation in a vacuum and looking at what it means from a societal standpoint. He's looking at the single situation, only.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #102
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,797

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    People think the protests and police reaction towards this recent crop of protests is bad, the stuff that went on back in the 60's is down right horrendous. Think of what would be popping up on Twitter and Youtube back then if they had access to that technology.
    It's hard to even imagine. Consider what DP would be like... and how many new Sub-Forums we'd have:

    Civil Rights
    Vietnam War
    Cold War
    Counterculture

    And many more I'm sure.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #103
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,903

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    I don't know about you all, but I have witnessed plenty of times people acting like jerks over being inconvenienced. At no time was I aware if the person was a Democrat or Republican or anything else. I've seen people meltdown over the store running out of a sale item or having to wait in line because the person in front of them was slow to unload their cart or had a lot of coupons or the cashier was new etc. I feel bad for the store employees who had to endure it all after probably killing themselves for the past several weeks during the busiest time of the year in retail. It was nice that Walmart closed early so their employees could get home to their families where many of them still had packages to wrap and prepare for their celebration today.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Define thuggish behavior. Why can't something be "rampant consumerism" and thuggish behavior?
    By this logic bank robbers and muggers are just rampant consumers.

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    This is hopeless.

    People wanted what they wanted when they wanted it. Wal-Mart was unable to oblige. "Thuggish behavior" ensued.

    Let me guess, all liberals' fault, amirite?
    Kobie, who does not want what they want when they want it? Is that a license to to whatever they want?
    Try real hard here...concentrate.

  6. #106
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,797

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I don't know about you all, but I have witnessed plenty of times people acting like jerks over being inconvenienced. At no time was I aware if the person was a Democrat or Republican or anything else. I've seen people meltdown over the store running out of a sale item or having to wait in line because the person in front of them was slow to unload their cart or had a lot of coupons or the cashier was new etc. I feel bad for the store employees who had to endure it all after probably killing themselves for the past several weeks during the busiest time of the year in retail. It was nice that Walmart closed early so their employees could get home to their families where many of them still had packages to wrap and prepare for their celebration today.
    Good post. I always consider this during the Christmas season when I go to any store. I worked retail when I was in college and I remember what it was like. I always try to give the employees the utmost courtesy, respect, and time to do their jobs as I aware of how busy they are.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #107
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    By this logic bank robbers and muggers are just rampant consumers.
    If this were an IQ test, you just did really poorly. That's a huge leap in logic that doesn't even make sense. Let's try it:

    Rampant consumerism can be an example of thuggishness.
    All thugs are rampant consumers. T or F
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  8. #108
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,797

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    By this logic bank robbers and muggers are just rampant consumers.
    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Kobie, who does not want what they want when they want it? Is that a license to to whatever they want?
    Try real hard here...concentrate.
    Tell us the difference between a single situation and it's application to a larger societal issue.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #109
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,917

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Kobie, who does not want what they want when they want it? Is that a license to to whatever they want?
    Try real hard here...concentrate.
    Are you asking me if I somehow condone this kind of behavior?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #110
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Walmart customers “unruly” after store closes, police called

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    By this logic bank robbers and muggers are just rampant consumers.
    Can you just answer the question as to why it could not be both: rampant consumerism and thuggishness?
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •