Page 63 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 813

Thread: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol[W:649]

  1. #621
    Educator Flamethrower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-13-15 @ 10:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,043

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Local governments get a lot more leeway, but what you want to do is to silence people you don't like. Hell, your argument would allow.localized slavery, fed should stay oit, yes? That's not freedom, you have no tolerance for real freedom.
    Is that the best you can do? Slavery? Really? Excuse me, but what other nation besides the USA was more free back in 1787?

    Hold the Founders and early Americans to the same standards next time.

    And you want to silence Christianity with your phoney serperation of church and state arguments.
    “Egotist, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.”
    ― Ambrose Bierce, The Unabridged Devil's Dictionary

  2. #622
    Educator Flamethrower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-13-15 @ 10:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,043

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    Gad, are you a reincarnation of Joe McCarthy, seeing communists behind every tree? As much as you accuse others of being communist, my only conclusion can be that you are throwing up a smoke screen to hide the fact that YOU are the communists.

    I do support the ACLU. I don't care if they defend communists or tea partiers because they are always defending our constitution.

    People who love to label other people are tedious. You love to label other people.
    If you support the ACLU then you don't support the Constitution or the Bill of Rights. The second-most important individual right, the 2nd Amendment, has never, ever been defended by the ACLU. Radical Liberals and communists have no real tolerance for such rights.

    Let's see who is the most communist. How many of the 10 tenets of Communism do you support?

    I only support the idea of a Central Bank with a state currency.
    “Egotist, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.”
    ― Ambrose Bierce, The Unabridged Devil's Dictionary

  3. #623
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Is that the best you can do? Slavery? Really? Excuse me, but what other nation besides the USA was more free back in 1787?

    Hold the Founders and early Americans to the same standards next time.

    And you want to silence Christianity with your phoney serperation of church and state arguments.
    I am not looking to silence Christianity. At no point have I said they couldn't be allowed a display or allowed their expression. Please, let's leave hysterics out of this. And I just used your argument, nothing more. Of course its poor, your fundamental argument was poor. The truth is that while local governments get a lot of leeway, they still cannot infringe upon the rights of the individual. You cannot forbid religious expression merely because you don't like the expression.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #624
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,158

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Since we only have to give account for what we do, I'm okay with that!
    Doesn't that also include 'what we fail to do' that potentially being just as important?

  5. #625
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Can the other religions ask for space to erect their displays? I think as referenced by the fact that Satanists had a display, the answer would be yes. Also, I don't think that Jews, or Muslims are offended by a nativity scene either....In fact I think the only ones offended by a nativity scene, are the less than 1% of people that don't believe in ****, and want to force everyone else to see it their way, or rain on their day. Miserable people really.
    And so now you're back to making your dishonest claim that someone is offended even though you can't identify anyone who is actually offended.

    I, on the other hand, can point to people who are offended by a religious display on public property:

    The butt hurt xtians who want to force everyone else to see it their way...miserable people really
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #626
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,158

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    The people of Florida never should have allowed the bastards to place the damned display in the State Capitol in the first place. Satanists can all go to hell.
    And yet another display of tolerance...

  7. #627
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    If you support the ACLU then you don't support the Constitution or the Bill of Rights. The second-most important individual right, the 2nd Amendment, has never, ever been defended by the ACLU. Radical Liberals and communists have no real tolerance for such rights.

    Let's see who is the most communist. How many of the 10 tenets of Communism do you support?

    I only support the idea of a Central Bank with a state currency.
    So anyone who hasn't filed a lawsuit on behalf of the 2nd amendment is a communist, according to your highly developed understanding of economic positions?
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  8. #628
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    When you answer my earlier question, I will engage yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    And still you won't answer a straight question....Why is that so hard for you mouse?
    Maybe for the same reason it is hard for you to answer all the questions you have dodged

    or maybe not
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #629
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,158

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    I always figured Jefferson for being a Raiders fan. Learn something new every day.
    Can we agree at least that he was not a Redskins fan?

  10. #630
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,158

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Those were all part of the plan of diversion.
    Just a suggestion, but have you tried to replace the tin foil with the more advanced coated mylar. It far more comfortable and just as effective...

Page 63 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •