Page 59 of 82 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 813

Thread: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol[W:649]

  1. #581
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    They worship evil and militant atheists have their back. This is not surprising.
    According to you they do. But that's just your opinion, why should your beliefs dominate the beliefs of others?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #582
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Actually , they don't worship anything. The Satanic Temple is a militant atheist group.
    It appears you are right, though the name they selected for their inspiration certainly suggests otherwise.

    Naturally they align themselves with the usual left wing causes. http://thesatanictemple.com/

  3. #583
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    What do you think Deists like Thomas Jefferson, James Madison or Alex Hamilton would have done if Satanists had set up Satanic religious displays on theur local courthouse yards?

    Please give evidence of any of the Founders demanding that Christian displays be removed from Federal, State or local government property as a violation of the very laws they wrote.
    I don't know what they'd do, supposition is pointless. They allowed slavery, so should we go back to that too?

    The here and now, and in the here and now you argue against religious freedom. I disagree, I think religious freedom needs to be upheld.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #584
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    According to you they do. But that's just your opinion, why should your beliefs dominate the beliefs of others?
    So you feel all beliefs are equal?

  5. #585
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It appears you are right, though the name they selected for their inspiration certainly suggests otherwise.

    Naturally they align themselves with the usual left wing causes. http://thesatanictemple.com/
    What? You mean a group of libs is being disingenuous? Awwww, say it ain't so.

  6. #586
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    So you feel all beliefs are equal?
    Unsupported beliefs, likely. We're talking religious freedom here, is there a reason to be against it?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #587
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,163

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    If America is a secular country, why are most people religious?
    Because most people have the good sense to know that theocracies are evil.

  8. #588
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    What? You mean a group of libs is being disingenuous? Awwww, say it ain't so.
    There does appear to be a 'smidgen' of evidence to that effect. Is Barack Obama the Messiah?: "this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal ..."

  9. #589
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    Because most people have the good sense to know that theocracies are evil.
    Religion is not synonymous with theocracy.

  10. #590
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Unsupported beliefs, likely. We're talking religious freedom here, is there a reason to be against it?
    Of course there is reason to be against anything, religious or otherwise, which preaches hatreds. Why should religions be excerpt from criticism? Do you think there is too much Satanophobia out there?

Page 59 of 82 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •