Page 57 of 82 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 813

Thread: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol[W:649]

  1. #561
    Educator Flamethrower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-13-15 @ 10:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,043

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    So you're against religious freedom and feel aggressive acts against expression are justified. Interesting, though not surprising.
    Again, if religious displays, prayer in public schools and whatnot WERE actually counter to the Constitution and Bill of Rights, then the Founders and early government leaders would have had them abolished early on. They at least had a clue about what the laws really meant.

    Unlike the libs and neo-coms that could care less the real meaning of the laws.
    “Egotist, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.”
    ― Ambrose Bierce, The Unabridged Devil's Dictionary

  2. #562
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Again, if religious displays, prayer in public schools and whatnot WERE actually counter to the Constitution and Bill of Rights, then the Founders and early government leaders would have had them abolished early on. They at least had a clue about what the laws really meant.

    Unlike the libs and neo-coms that could care less the real meaning of the laws.
    That's not addressing anything I said. YOU dont believe in religious freedom. Here is a religious display that was vandalized and you're all for it. Woman should get a medal, you claim. YOU are again st religious expression. So maybe YOU should reevaluate whether or not religious display should be allowed on public property because it seems like YOU are again st the freedom.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #563
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    The people with the Satanist nativity scene say they're Satanists.
    So what. If I say I can bend spoons with my mind, does that mean I can?

    Look them up, they do not believe in any supernatural being, their literature states that their use of the term "satanist" is a "metaphorical construct". Their only purpose is to antagonize people of faith, and force the removal of any and all religious symbolism from the public square. Do you make a habit of speaking from a position of ignorance?
    Last edited by countryboy; 12-29-14 at 12:48 PM.

  4. #564
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    That is what you claim, yet the display was a Satanist display which is a religion and was a sanctioned religious display by the local government. Do you disagree?
    So their own words don't matter? Yes, of course I disagree. They make no claims of religiosity, do you not believe them?

  5. #565
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    So their own words don't matter? Yes, of course I disagree. They make no claims of religiosity, do you not believe them?
    If I erect a manger scene, is it religious? If someone claims religion, can you say "nuh uh!"? If so, can you strip Scientology of its religion status? It's really the only one I really hate.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #566
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    If I erect a manger scene, is it religious? If someone claims religion, can you say "nuh uh!"? If so, can you strip Scientology of its religion status? It's really the only one I really hate.
    If I say I do not believe in any supernatural being, would you call me religious?

  7. #567
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,217

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    So what. If I say I can bend spoons with my mind, does that mean I can?

    Look them up, they do not believe in any supernatural being, their literature states that their use of the term "satanist" is a "metaphorical construct". Their only purpose is to antagonize people of faith, and force the removal of any and all religious symbolism from the public square. Do you make a habit of speaking from a position of ignorance?
    If you make such an easily falsifiable claim I will know you for a fool. Are you so skeptical of the other Nativity group's claim to be Christian?
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  8. #568
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    If you make such an easily falsifiable claim I will know you for a fool. Are you so skeptical of the other Nativity group's claim to be Christian?
    Okay, using literature from The Satanic Temple, prove my claim false.

  9. #569
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    If I say I do not believe in any supernatural being, would you call me religious?
    Likely not, but that would be by my own opinion. This was a Satanist display, Satanism I do believe is recognized as a religion, this was submitted and accepted as a display on public land by the local government. That is your starting point.

    A woman vandalized it, acceptable or not? I believe you have stated it is not acceptable. Flamethrower says not only is it acceptable, but that the woman should get a medal as well. To which I argue that means he is against religious freedom as he thinks infringement upon expression is fine. And that's where we stand.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #570
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,217

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    You made a claim? You are defending the actions of a crazed religionista who attacked a legal Christmas display because she chose to be offended by the content.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

Page 57 of 82 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •