Page 55 of 82 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 813

Thread: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol[W:649]

  1. #541
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Not arguing that...BTW, How many of the first century stories are verifiable in a 21st century rigor? Not many I suspect....But, you are delving into the whole theory of faith. I am so sorry you seem to have little, but, that doesn't mean that your conclusions are correct, or that mine are false...It only means that you hold a certain opinion at the moment....

    A good article to consider if you would bother to read it, is:

    The Birth of Jesus: Hype or History?
    A great article! Perhaps the best insight on Christianity, for a casual reader like myself, since this. http://www.amazon.ca/Mere-Christiani...e+christianity Thanks!

  2. #542
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I don't answer questions from people who repeatedly dodge questions asked of them so I will ask you for the third time:

    Other than christians taking offense at the Satanists display, who has taken offense at any religious display and why?
    Maybe your not following your own remarks about 'government property'?

  3. #543
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Well, it was on public property, collectively owned by all of us. The government just oversees it.
    Right. It is the people's property, but many want the government to enforce laws that would normally only require some common sense and tolerance.

  4. #544
    Educator Flamethrower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-13-15 @ 10:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,043

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    I think you're throwing around words you consider pejorative with either a disrespect or ignorance of their actual meaning.

    Again, you're still not showing me examples of their economic cases, which are really the hallmark of an economic position like communism.
    If one supports the idea of income redistribution as fuction of government---then one is for all practical purposes a communist.

    And I know you support income redistribution in ALL forms of welfare entitlements.
    “Egotist, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.”
    ― Ambrose Bierce, The Unabridged Devil's Dictionary

  5. #545
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Right. It is the people's property, but many want the government to enforce laws that would normally only require some common sense and tolerance.
    Yes tolerance, including not vandalizing these displays, yes? This woman should be punished for vandalism.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #546
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    If one supports the idea of income redistribution as fuction of government---then one is for all practical purposes a communist.

    And I know you support income redistribution in ALL forms of welfare entitlements.
    It's unfortunate that the sum of your contributions to this thread are accusing various entities of communist ideology rather than:

    a) understanding what communism actually is.

    b) understanding who actually is a communist.

    c) actually discussing the topic in the OP, which has nothing to do with economics, or one of the economic subsets, communism.

  7. #547
    Educator Flamethrower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-13-15 @ 10:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,043

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    It's unfortunate that the sum of your contributions to this thread are accusing various entities of communist ideology rather than:

    a) understanding what communism actually is.

    b) understanding who actually is a communist.

    c) actually discussing the topic in the OP, which has nothing to do with economics, or one of the economic subsets, communism.
    I try to stay on topic. The topic being that anti-Christian efforts to put up Satanic and atheistic displays are first steps in a pro-communist agenda:

    Atheists Karl Marx and Vladmir Lenin

    Karl Marx said "[Religion] is the opium of the people". Marx also stated: "Communism begins from the outset (Owen) with atheism; but atheism is at first far from being communism; indeed, that atheism is still mostly an abstraction.[45]

    Vladimir Lenin similarly wrote regarding atheism and communism: "A Marxist must be a materialist, i.e., an enemy of religion, but a dialectical materialist, i.e., one who treats the struggle against religion not in an abstract way, not on the basis of remote, purely theoretical, never varying preaching, but in a concrete way, on the basis of the class struggle which is going on in practice and is educating the masses more and better than anything else could."[46]

    The atheism in communist regimes has been and continues to be militant atheism and various acts of repression including the razing of thousands of religious buildings and the killing, imprisoning, and oppression of religious leaders and believers.[50]

    The persecution of Christians in the Soviet Union was the result of the violently atheist Soviet government. In the first five years after the October Revolution, 28 bishops and 1,200 priests were murdered, many on the orders of Leon Trotsky. When Joseph Stalin came to power in 1927, he ordered his secret police, under Genrikh Yagoda to intensify persecution of Christians. In the next few years, 50,000 clergy were murdered, many were tortured, including crucifixion. "Russia turned red with the blood of martyrs", said Father Gleb Yakunin of the Russian Orthodox Church.[51] According to Orthodox Church sources, as many as fifty million Orthodox believers may have died in the twentieth century, mainly from persecution by Communists.[52]

    In addition, in the atheistic and communist Soviet Union, 44 anti-religious museums were opened and the largest was the 'The Museum of the History of Religion and Atheism' in Leningrad’s Kazan cathedral.[53] Despite intense effort by the atheistic leaders of the Soviet Union, their efforts were not effective in converting the masses to atheism.[54

    Atheism - Conservapedia

    Of course your fanatical love and devotion to the ACLU, a known communist front, is evidence beyond a reasonable doubt that you support most aspects of communism---except perhaps the abolition of private property or the absoulte control of industry. The model of limited economic freedom in China may be more to your liking.
    “Egotist, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.”
    ― Ambrose Bierce, The Unabridged Devil's Dictionary

  8. #548
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    I try to stay on topic. The topic being that anti-Christian efforts to put up Satanic and atheistic displays are first steps in a pro-communist agenda:

    Atheists Karl Marx and Vladmir Lenin

    Karl Marx said "[Religion] is the opium of the people". Marx also stated: "Communism begins from the outset (Owen) with atheism; but atheism is at first far from being communism; indeed, that atheism is still mostly an abstraction.[45]

    Vladimir Lenin similarly wrote regarding atheism and communism: "A Marxist must be a materialist, i.e., an enemy of religion, but a dialectical materialist, i.e., one who treats the struggle against religion not in an abstract way, not on the basis of remote, purely theoretical, never varying preaching, but in a concrete way, on the basis of the class struggle which is going on in practice and is educating the masses more and better than anything else could."[46]

    The atheism in communist regimes has been and continues to be militant atheism and various acts of repression including the razing of thousands of religious buildings and the killing, imprisoning, and oppression of religious leaders and believers.[50]

    The persecution of Christians in the Soviet Union was the result of the violently atheist Soviet government. In the first five years after the October Revolution, 28 bishops and 1,200 priests were murdered, many on the orders of Leon Trotsky. When Joseph Stalin came to power in 1927, he ordered his secret police, under Genrikh Yagoda to intensify persecution of Christians. In the next few years, 50,000 clergy were murdered, many were tortured, including crucifixion. "Russia turned red with the blood of martyrs", said Father Gleb Yakunin of the Russian Orthodox Church.[51] According to Orthodox Church sources, as many as fifty million Orthodox believers may have died in the twentieth century, mainly from persecution by Communists.[52]

    In addition, in the atheistic and communist Soviet Union, 44 anti-religious museums were opened and the largest was the 'The Museum of the History of Religion and Atheism' in Leningrad’s Kazan cathedral.[53] Despite intense effort by the atheistic leaders of the Soviet Union, their efforts were not effective in converting the masses to atheism.[54

    Atheism - Conservapedia

    Of course your fanatical love and devotion to the ACLU, a known communist front, is evidence beyond a reasonable doubt that you support most aspects of communism---except perhaps the abolition of private property or the absoulte control of industry. The model of limited economic freedom in China may be more to your liking.
    Actually this thread is about a woman damaging a legal religious display. Are you saying the vandalism is justified and the woman should go unpunished?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #549
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Actually this thread is about a woman damaging a legal religious display. Are you saying the vandalism is justified and the woman should go unpunished?
    I thought atheism wasn't a religion.

  10. #550
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Woman arrested after damaging Satanic display at Florida Capitol

    Somebody feel off the crazy buss. I am not going to speak on why a state building was housing a religious display, but what I m going to speak on is religion. I am sorry, if you are so entrenched in your religion that seeing a dissenting one if so terrible that you must vandalize it, I pity you. I am not trying to offend anybody here, but I think we can all agree it needs to be toned down a bit at that point.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

Page 55 of 82 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •