“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman
- You can sell any gun you own to literally anyone you want without having to go through a licensed dealer, just like a car.
- No background checks to buy, sell, own or possess any firearm, just like a car.
- License is "shall Issue", does not require a background check, but does require 16hr class, knowledge and practical handling/qualification, and has passport quality photo, bio-metric data, description of holder and address, just like a drivers license.
- Carry License is good in all 50 states and Canada; no state my refuse to honor a lawfully acquired license or otherwise restrict the operation of a lawfully possessed firearm. If someone in farm country wants to bring his legally owned machine gun to downtown Chicago, this has to be allowed, just like a car.
- All firearms are titled and registered with the local Clerk of Courts only if they're going to be operated on public property, just like cars.
- A firearm must have at least basic liability insurance in order to be operated on public property, but no insurance if only operated on private property. Different classes of firearm may require different levels of insurance. A gun license for artillery will also require an annual physical, which is the equivalent of a DoT Medical Card for a Class-A CDL.
- Criminal conviction, even murder, does not stop you from continuing to legaly buy, own or possess any firearm, just like owning a car.
Last edited by Jerry; 12-31-14 at 10:35 PM.