Page 70 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 700 of 832

Thread: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun..... [W:22]

  1. #691
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun..... [W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    Talk show host: Police kill more whites than blacks | PunditFact



    (bolding mine)

    FYI, police officers are not at the top of dangerous occupations.
    ahem
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...-and-race.html

  2. #692
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 04:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun..... [W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You blame racist policies. Racism is a conscious and deliberate act. If a policy is racist, then it is intended to target a racial group.
    Wow your reaching for the sky to try and attempt to discredit me, however yes being a racist is a conscious thought process, however having policies unintentionally creating systematic racism is a result if a failed policy. Please quote me saying it was intended to hold the black community down

  3. #693
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 04:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun..... [W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
    Thats good. The constitutionality of the "war on drugs" is a separate issue.
    Well it is until you realize how it's a non legal fake policy that is contributing to the inner cities dependence on black market sales spiking crime rates and spiking a lesser drive for educational advancement. The war on drugs is a necessity that needs to be talked about when discussing systematic racism

  4. #694
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 04:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun..... [W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Even worse, is when folks conjur up Imagined insults.
    "The sad part, is that the people that make these arguments aren't the least bit embarrassed to do so."
    who are u referring to in this statement

  5. #695
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun..... [W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    I see that you did not address my accusation of your gross lack of understanding of race and racism. Once you properly do that, we can talk.



    Great question! But would you listen to it if I obliged? Do you have evidence that you have listened to uncomfortable talks about race and racism?
    You mistake me for someone that gives a **** about your opinion or anything you have to say. Reread your intro to this conversation and start over. Or don't. I literally could not care less if you paid me to.

  6. #696
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,478

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun..... [W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertie76 View Post
    Well it is until you realize how it's a non legal fake policy that is contributing to the inner cities dependence on black market sales spiking crime rates and spiking a lesser drive for educational advancement. The war on drugs is a necessity that needs to be talked about when discussing systematic racism
    If people choose to purchase, sell, or consume illegal substances those are individual choices. If people choose not pursue education those are individual choices. Neither of those things constitute systematic racism which you allege exists. How are you reaching the conclusion that the consequences of a person's decision to make bad choices in life are racist?

  7. #697
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 04:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun..... [W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
    If people choose to purchase, sell, or consume illegal substances those are individual choices. If people choose not pursue education those are individual choices. Neither of those things constitute systematic racism which you allege exists. How are you reaching the conclusion that the consequences of a person's decision to make bad choices in life are racist?
    The higher effect of war on drugs have destroyed the inner cities in the United States causing less opportunity for economic and educational growth. The individual basis I agree, however as a societal problem it's the failure of the policy that has destroyed these communities. The failure of the policy is a growth of systematic racism because statistically blacks and Hispanics live in these areas and are effected by it worse. Causing the system to demographically tend to restrict the actual advancement of a majority of minorities.

    This is how it's systematic racism because then blacks or Hispanics feel like they are being held down by unfair balances in the entire community of the Americans. This promotes ideas of racial differences and a pseudo blind eye of criminal and civil justice systems not representing their portion of the community. These social problems are a direct cause of failed policy, and systematically it has created racial oppression because people being born and raised in these communities might not have the knowledge or resources to be able to advance economically and educationally. Why? Because the system has failed them.

    If your parents are making you steal to support their drug habit or if you sell drugs to support your family at a young age your chance of growing out of it is horrendous . Not to mention most drug offenses are felonies so were talking convicted felon finding a higher paying job?

    It's not always black and white, and trust me I blame The media for glorifying drug sells and gang members just as much as I blame the policy. There is a lot of effects the system has created to make it harder for blacks on average to succeed in his country. I say the best we can do is get rid of the policies that have to these negative effects

  8. #698
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun..... [W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Nothing about that supports your argument.
    I had two things in that post -

    1) that blacks are killed by cops at a rate disproportionate to their population - article proved that

    2) that police work is not the most dangerous occupation. I figured everyone knew that, but feel free to google it

  9. #699
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,478

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun..... [W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertie76 View Post
    The higher effect of war on drugs have destroyed the inner cities in the United States causing less opportunity for economic and educational growth. The individual basis I agree, however as a societal problem it's the failure of the policy that has destroyed these communities. The failure of the policy is a growth of systematic racism because statistically blacks and Hispanics live in these areas and are effected by it worse. Causing the system to demographically tend to restrict the actual advancement of a majority of minorities.

    This is how it's systematic racism because then blacks or Hispanics feel like they are being held down by unfair balances in the entire community of the Americans. This promotes ideas of racial differences and a pseudo blind eye of criminal and civil justice systems not representing their portion of the community. These social problems are a direct cause of failed policy, and systematically it has created racial oppression because people being born and raised in these communities might not have the knowledge or resources to be able to advance economically and educationally. Why? Because the system has failed them.

    If your parents are making you steal to support their drug habit or if you sell drugs to support your family at a young age your chance of growing out of it is horrendous . Not to mention most drug offenses are felonies so were talking convicted felon finding a higher paying job?

    It's not always black and white, and trust me I blame The media for glorifying drug sells and gang members just as much as I blame the policy. There is a lot of effects the system has created to make it harder for blacks on average to succeed in his country. I say the best we can do is get rid of the policies that have to these negative effects
    We arrive at the heart of the argument at last. The counter argument is very simple and you should spend some time contemplating it. People don't get to claim that racist machinations are denying them equal opportunity just because they've squandered it. Equal opportunity means that a person can reasonably expect the same or similar rewards for making wise choices but it also means that you have to take your lumps like everyone else when you make bad ones.
    Last edited by Napoleon; 12-26-14 at 11:00 PM.

  10. #700
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun..... [W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    I had two things in that post -

    1) that blacks are killed by cops at a rate disproportionate to their population - article proved that

    2) that police work is not the most dangerous occupation. I figured everyone knew that, but feel free to google it
    Blacls are murdered by other blacks wasaay more disproportionately than that. Where's the outrage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 70 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •