Page 67 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 832

Thread: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun..... [W:22]

  1. #661
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun..... [W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I posted the link to the NYC shootings from 2011 that show that not only are there fewer in number but also percentage. But if you are going to play with numbers then you have to play with all of them. You represent that there are more blacks statistically targeted by percentage. OK. Now...by percentage, which racial category commits the majority of criminal acts in this country?
    commits or gets caught? please do post

  2. #662
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,661

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun..... [W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    commits or gets caught? please do post
    Good lord.

  3. #663
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 04:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun..... [W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    Thank you. Also, just the fact that crack cocaine (which was used more by african americans than whites) had longer sentences than powder cocaine (which was used more by whites than african americans) shows the racism that has led to so many black people being jailed while whites walk free.
    It's because the crime law is suggesting that if you alter a drug chemically your doing a worse drug offense then if it's the natural drug, such as turning speed into crystal meth.

    It's not because someone is black and someone is white. I advocate to end the war on drugs it's an unconstitutional action. This isn't people in our courts being racism on huge demographic levels this is systematic racism due to failed policies the government has promoted the worse thing we can do is ask the government for more policies which I'm afraid will be the ultimate outcome of this entire fiasco right now

  4. #664
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,354

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun..... [W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertie76 View Post
    War on drugs

    Government officials bringing drugs into lower communities

    Welfare state

    Dept. of educations horrible job of advancing education in urban areas.

    There's a lot of things, but those primarily are the things that are holding back the urban areas. The war on drugs criminalizes people for something that is unconstitutional, causing higher crime rates causing black market dealings causing violence all of this goes along with people in these areas not having real opportunity due to the fact that business won't open up, markets won't open all kinds of policies you just need to look and see side effect of failed economic policies and you'll understand the major factors in the urban community and how there is systematic racism.
    Show us, with supporting documentation, that those policies are intetionally designed to target and handicap black folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #665
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,482

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun..... [W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertie76 View Post
    There's a lot of things, but those primarily are the things that are holding back the urban areas. The war on drugs criminalizes people for something that is unconstitutional, causing higher crime rates causing black market dealings causing violence all of this goes along with people in these areas not having real opportunity due to the fact that business won't open up, markets won't open all kinds of policies you just need to look and see side effect of failed economic policies and you'll understand the major factors in the urban community and how there is systematic racism.
    Just so I understand, your assertion is that black people choose to engage in criminal activity and the fact that there are consequences for that behavior and collateral damage on the communities they live and conduct their illegal business in means that there is systematic racism?

  6. #666
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,241

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun..... [W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertie76 View Post
    War on drugs

    Government officials bringing drugs into lower communities

    Welfare state

    Dept. of educations horrible job of advancing education in urban areas.

    There's a lot of things, but those primarily are the things that are holding back the urban areas. The war on drugs criminalizes people for something that is unconstitutional, causing higher crime rates causing black market dealings causing violence all of this goes along with people in these areas not having real opportunity due to the fact that business won't open up, markets won't open all kinds of policies you just need to look and see side effect of failed economic policies and you'll understand the major factors in the urban community and how there is systematic racism.
    Nonsense. Absolute race card nonsense.

    Its drek like that that guarantees that the real issues that challenge Black Americans will never change.

    The Government bringing drugs into the inner city ? Are you serious ? Hey, even if that BS was true, NO ONE is forcing anyone to pick up a crack pipe.

    Inner city schools screwing kids out of a education ? Wow.

    Utter nonsense. Education is only effective if those receiving it take education seriously.

    No amount of funding in the World is going to change the Inner city attitudes that lead to high drop out rates, teen pregnancy and poor test scores.

    Hey, look up what the Atlanta School district did a few years ago to boost their students test scores.

    Those " racist " Black Teachers changed the answers on their students Test behind locked doors.

    Bussinesses wont open up ? Why ? So they can be burned to the ground because morons get caught up in a " Gentle Giant " BS narrative ?

    Its racist like you who perpetuate this abject idiocy and guarantee that REAL issues like povertyand crime and Black on Black violence will continue unabated.

    How you sleep at night is beyond me.

  7. #667
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 04:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun..... [W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Show us, with supporting documentation, that those policies are intetionally designed to target and handicap black folks.
    Well the cia definitely brought drugs in to black communities in the 80s and 90s,

    welfare was a result of the civil rights act which was a form of reparations towards the black community, in fact Lyndon Johnson actually said something to the effect of the white americans have a 50 yard head start so now we need to give the black Americans a handicap to advance and be able to keep up. Not in those words of course but something similar to that

    There are policies that are geared towards the black community as a means for helping them but rather ending with in my interpretation systematic racism. Non intentional racism but a system that is unintentionally causing the black and Hispanic people of the United States a harder time for advancement because they are effected by these policies more directly then anyone. So how do we fix the situation? Get rid of the policies, however I don't think the people of the United States fully grasp economics strongly enough to understand that too much governmental dependence reduces growth of a market.

  8. #668
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 04:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun..... [W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Nonsense. Absolute race card nonsense.

    Its drek like that that guarantees that the real issues that challenge Black Americans will never change.

    The Government bringing drugs into the inner city ? Are you serious ? Hey, even if that BS was true, NO ONE is forcing anyone to pick up a crack pipe.

    Inner city schools screwing kids out of a education ? Wow.

    Utter nonsense. Education is only effective if those receiving it take education seriously.

    No amount of funding in the World is going to change the Inner city attitudes that lead to high drop out rates, teen pregnancy and poor test scores.

    Hey, look up what the Atlanta School district did a few years ago to boost their students test scores.

    Those " racist " Black Teachers changed the answers on their students Test behind locked doors.

    Bussinesses wont open up ? Why ? So they can be burned to the ground because morons get caught up in a " Gentle Giant " BS narrative ?

    Its racist like you who perpetuate this abject idiocy and guarantee that REAL issues like povertyand crime and Black on Black violence will continue unabated.

    How you sleep at night is beyond me.
    Wow I am advocating for free market solutions to obvious societal problems and you say I'm a racist and I'm using the race card?

    1. Ever heard of Gary Webb and freeway Ricky Ross? Of yea being brought drugs by the cia and told to sell them

    2. Did I advocate for more federal funding? No teachers changing test scores to receive more money is how the dept. of education is a failure

    3. Business won't open up because poor communities have no aspirations to work, welfare.
    Business won't open because they'll get robbed, higher crime rates due to things like black market sales in the drug war
    Business won't open because the growth of the market won't occur in poor run down neighborhoods, again direct response to failure in federal policies

    I feel like my explanations are far more conservative in terms of free market economical practice then you can even grasp, insulting me won't make you a real conservative you'll always be a statist neo-con in my opinion

    Please give me a reasonable explanation on how to end this societal fiasco we are witnessing right now

  9. #669
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 04:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun..... [W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
    Just so I understand, your assertion is that black people choose to engage in criminal activity and the fact that there are consequences for that behavior and collateral damage on the communities they live and conduct their illegal business in means that there is systematic racism?
    It's a non intentional systematic racism being a result of failed federal economic policy

  10. #670
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,354

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun..... [W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertie76 View Post
    Well the cia definitely brought drugs in to black communities in the 80s and 90s,

    welfare was a result of the civil rights act which was a form of reparations towards the black community, in fact Lyndon Johnson actually said something to the effect of the white americans have a 50 yard head start so now we need to give the black Americans a handicap to advance and be able to keep up. Not in those words of course but something similar to that

    There are policies that are geared towards the black community as a means for helping them but rather ending with in my interpretation systematic racism. Non intentional racism but a system that is unintentionally causing the black and Hispanic people of the United States a harder time for advancement because they are effected by these policies more directly then anyone. So how do we fix the situation? Get rid of the policies, however I don't think the people of the United States fully grasp economics strongly enough to understand that too much governmental dependence reduces growth of a market.
    Uh huh...I see...you can't show us a single official policy that you claim exists, so you're going to keep repeating the same lie over and over, because you believe that by doing so, people will believe the lie.

    I already knew that; I just wanted you to admit it. Thank you for doing so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 67 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •