Page 6 of 84 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 832

Thread: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun..... [W:22]

  1. #51
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,891

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    Law abiding citizen you are definitely
    Says the guy who ignores the fact that the 2nd Amendment IS THE LAW OF THE LAND.

    What you propose, door to door gun confiscations, is unlawful.
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  2. #52
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,891

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun.....

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    No it won't. Haters will still rally against cops no matter what any video shows. What do they want? Dead cops. When do they want it? Now!
    10612609_10152383086135197_8992581026476556677_n.jpg
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  3. #53
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    1. The police said he pulled a gun. If they police are telling the truth, then it was permissible to shoot him. I'm not inclined to just accept what the police say just because they said it.

    2. The police said he pulled a gun AFTER the protesters came to the scene. Therefore, asking why protesters were mad in light of the fact that the police said he pulled a gun is nonsensical since the police hadn't even provided their side of the story yet.

    3. I support these protests wholeheartedly and while I can understand why some people would "taunt" officers (built up anger and frustration), it bothers me. I don't think that that is the way to express one's frustration.
    If I post daily some very REAL accounts of brutality committed by black people, will you begin protesting 'the blacks'? Or will you join others tripping over yourself to defend them and point out that a small minority of black people do not represent black people? What about Muslims? If I post daily articles (with video to enhance the gore) of Muslims committing attrocities, will you too then wholeheartedly join in protests against 'the Muslims'?

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    In pic #3, it's nice to see the young Chicago Bears fan being beautifully parented as she screams at police.
    Cmon now CJ. she was all excited cuz Jay Thin Crisps Cutler will be back to end the season. You can tell how she was getting all excited about it. .....


    What I was noticing, was how many cops were on the ground.

  5. #55
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,008

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    1. The police said he pulled a gun. If they police are telling the truth, then it was permissible to shoot him. I'm not inclined to just accept what the police say just because they said it.

    2. The police said he pulled a gun AFTER the protesters came to the scene. Therefore, asking why protesters were mad in light of the fact that the police said he pulled a gun is nonsensical since the police hadn't even provided their side of the story yet.

    3. I support these protests wholeheartedly and while I can understand why some people would "taunt" officers (built up anger and frustration), it bothers me. I don't think that that is the way to express one's frustration.
    So you don't accept the police statement. Will you accept the investigation report findings, or are you one that will claim the report is tainted by the police?

    Let's play the what if. Let us reverse the event. During the normal business check, you young man seeing the police officer approaching him, pulls his gun and shoots the officer.

    Do you believe the protesters would be raising a voice against the shooting?

    What people need to do is quit jumping to conclusions and wait for the investigation to finish. I also really am getting tired of hearing white officer shot black person. No, a police officer shot a person who may have pulled a gun on him. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE, unless someone can present evidence to the contrary.

  6. #56
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun.....

    Does that include calling brutality where none exists, and continuing to do so even after witness testimony, forensic evidence, and video evidence proves no brutality occurred?

  7. #57
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,186

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Cmon now CJ. she was all excited cuz Jay Thin Crisps Cutler will be back to end the season. You can tell how she was getting all excited about it. .....


    What I was noticing, was how many cops were on the ground.
    I guess white guys who are quarterbacks, even bad ones, are okay.

    There were a lot of police rolling around. And that's hard to understand since black people never resist arrest or assault police officers.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  8. #58
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Again, another dishonest argument. Stating that people will still rally against the cops in no way, shape, or form disproves his assertion that it would shed more light on this situation.

    Its absolutley reasonable to suggest that even with "more light" shed on this incident there's a good chance there would still be people using it to rally against cops. However, people rallying agianst the cops doesn't somehow disprove that more light wouldn't be shed on it.

    RDS's comment latter comment is correct, even if you don't agree with the need for cops to have body cameras. If there was a camera on the police officers person there would be more information available regarding this shooting. That's simple fact. Claiming "no it won't" is a flat out falsehood. The rest of your post is nothing but a strawman
    Thanks. I'll be sure to run all my potential posts by you for your determination on what's "reasonable". I think body cameras are a good idea but for the protection of the cop. 9 times out of 10 the video will vindicate the police but there would still be those Monday morning quarterbacking the cops actions. Shoot, there's a thread here about a cop shooting and killing a guy charging at them with a knife and folks were still asking why the cop had to kill the poor young man. I can find it if you doubt me.

  9. #59
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,186

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun.....

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Does that include calling brutality where none exists, and continuing to do so even after witness testimony, forensic evidence, and video evidence proves no brutality occurred?
    From my perspective, this is part of the real problem when it comes to credibility and moving forward. The fact that the black community and black leadership around the US and into the highest reaches of government such as the Mayor of NYC, the US Attorney General, and even the President of the United States, would use Michael Brown, Eric Garner, and now this miscreant as symbols to fight for just makes common sense people roll their eyes and discount any true, serious, complaints black communities may have about police brutality.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  10. #60
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,966

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun.....

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    If I post daily some very REAL accounts of brutality committed by black people, will you begin protesting 'the blacks'? Or will you join others tripping over yourself to defend them and point out that a small minority of black people do not represent black people? What about Muslims? If I post daily articles (with video to enhance the gore) of Muslims committing attrocities, will you too then wholeheartedly join in protests against 'the Muslims'?
    I think the protesting with these cases is horribly overblown, and I think there's been a great deal of distortion (hands up, don't shoot) on the matter, however I see a significant and stark difference between what you're talking about and cops.

    Police Officers are Government Officials. They are paid for by tax payer money, their jobs exist due to the social contract we as citizens are a part of, they are a part of the State.

    Just as I have less issue with citizens getting upset with a Politician for doing something illegal, even if there are thousands of average citizens doing the same illegal activity, I generally have less of an issue with people getting upset about a Cop doing something that other citizens do. Why? Because police officers are government employees, serving the PUBLIC, and are expected to be held to a higher standard as a civil servent.

    The vast majority of police officers are upstanding moral officers who do nothing wrong on the job. Of the minority that aren't, I'd say the vast majority of the wrong doing is generally poor choices in a tense situation or simple recklessness/carelessness. I think it's a minority of the minority that actively do wrong deeds for wrong reasons.

    However, I have less issue with the public casting a light on, an complaining, about that minority of a minority than complaining about a minority of a minority of say...black people, or muslims...because the former are civil servents employed on the tax payer dime and thus the public has a vested interest in their actions.

Page 6 of 84 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •