Page 45 of 84 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 832

Thread: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun..... [W:22]

  1. #441
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun..... [W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    What?

    Link so I can make heads or tails out of ... that.
    Al Sharpton on Ferguson: 'We lost the round, but the fight ain't over' - Washington Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #442
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun..... [W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Crown Heights was in 1991. That's like blaming any anti-black sentiment today on David Duke.

    Sharpton is no saint; I've said this often. However, I've repeatedly asked for specific words of his that have incited Brown/Garner protesters to be violent. None have been provided.
    Racial tension was high back then as well, remember the LA riots? I was living in LA when that went down (not in the ghetto part of course).

    And while many had moved on, the race baiter in chief exacerbated things from the start of his first term. Remember the beer summit? The black panthers at polling locations that Holder would not prosecute?

    Face it, exacerbating racial tension is politically beneficial to Obama.

  3. #443
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun..... [W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    When is it ok to talk about race? When you want to? Because unless you're saying racism is dead, then it's got to be ok to talk about racism at some ****ing point.

    So please, in all of your infinite wisdom on race, when is it ok for black people to talk about their feelings on racism in the United States?
    People can talk about race anytime they want. We only ask that they know what the **** they're talking when they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #444
    Educator GreatNews2night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    04-07-17 @ 01:26 AM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    699

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun.....

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Yes, and both the cop and bystanders rapidly moved away from the guy because of his phone. These lefties never think anything through-they feel and emote.

    Beyond that, if a cop were to question me, I dont plan on making any sudden movements like the dead thug. I swear these guys want to get shot-they resist, assault cops, etc and after they are shot our lefties forget about all of that and put it on the cop.
    You seem to have misunderstood me.

    1. I was proposing different hypotheses from a neutral standpoint, and saying that I didn't endorse any; I did say later that I thought the more likely one is that the police are right.
    2. I did say after seeing the second video that it lends credence to the police version as likely to be accurate (see post #412).
    3. I said several times that if the police version is accurate, then good riddance that the thug got killed, and the officer is to be praised.

    Now, come again? What is your point, again? Besides, I'm not a liberal. I'm slightly more to the left all things considered, and the slight part is because many of my positions are conservative so they counter-balance my more liberal positions, with the final average sitting very slightly to the left.
    Last edited by GreatNews2night; 12-25-14 at 07:41 PM.

  5. #445
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,917

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun..... [W:22]

    "We lost the round, but the fight ain’t over,” he said, Newsmax reported. “You won the first round, Mr. Prosecutor [Bob McCulloch], but don’t cut your gloves off, ‘cause the fight’s not over. Justice will come to Ferguson."
    That's a boxing metaphor. You know, when a fight is over, a boxer cuts off his glove (well, cuts off the tape securing his gloves). THAT'S a call to violence?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  6. #446
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun..... [W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    In the upper left hand corner of the page is a link to a PDF.

    http://www.opensocietyfoundations.or.../disparity.pdf
    C/P the information that supports your argument. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #447
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,917

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun..... [W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Racial tension was high back then as well, remember the LA riots? I was living in LA when that went down (not in the ghetto part of course).

    And while many had moved on, the race baiter in chief exacerbated things from the start of his first term. Remember the beer summit? The black panthers at polling locations that Holder would not prosecute?

    Face it, exacerbating racial tension is politically beneficial to Obama.
    Yeah, cool man.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  8. #448
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun..... [W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    That's a boxing metaphor. You know, when a fight is over, a boxer cuts off his glove (well, cuts off the tape securing his gloves). THAT'S a call to violence?
    Sharpton said, "fight". Fighting is violence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #449
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,917

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun..... [W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    C/P the information that supports your argument. Thanks.
    Read the ****ing report. I can only spoonfeed you so much. You're welcome.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #450
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun..... [W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Read the study I posted earlier. I'm not particularly interested in reading whatever hackish drivel you or someone else has to say about the "political left."
    Facts are facts. And your ideology forces you to pretend they are not. You can't fix something until you admit that there's a problem Kobie. Stop making convenient excuses.

Page 45 of 84 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •