Page 32 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 832

Thread: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun..... [W:22]

  1. #311
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    There's no evidence that it's not being "organized and motivated" by Freemasons or aliens, either.
    Michael Brown to Eric Garner - This has to stop NOW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #312
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    There's no evidence that it's not being "organized and motivated" by Freemasons or aliens, either.
    Wilson Has Walked

    AMERIKKKA MUST COME TO A HALT! THERE IS RIGHTEOUS RESISTANCE AND YOU MUST BE PART OF IT!

    By Carl Dix

    November 25, 2014 | Revolution Newspaper | revcom.us

    The grand jury has refused to indict Darren Wilson, the cop who killed Michael Brown in Ferguson. Once again one of their hired guns has gotten away with murdering a Black youth. This is a shot to the heart. A brutal, horrible injustice in its own right. And a damning indictment of the very essence of this system. It was a statement that ONCE AGAIN, the lives of Black people mean NOTHING to those who sit atop this empire of injustice.

    Wilson Has Walked - AMERIKKKA MUST COME TO A HALT! THERE IS RIGHTEOUS RESISTANCE AND YOU MUST BE PART OF IT!!!
    Carl Dix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #313
    Educator GreatNews2night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    04-07-17 @ 01:26 AM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    699

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I gave the most recent information available right before going to bed. I wake up and you're saying that wasn't good enough for you. Sorry for sleeping, damn. I don't see you linking to new information, just bitching that others haven't.


    So it's not enough that teens aren't allowed to possess handguns in the first place, and let's forget that this handgun had it's serial number filed off, which is another felony. Apparently now you're saying the cop wasn't justified in shooting because he didn't wait for the teen to fire first.


    That's actually illegal. The picture has to be taken before the item is moved, otherwise any evidence relying on where the gun was found gets tossed out.
    You entirely misunderstood my post. I wasn't supporting any side of the story, just presenting two diverging hypotheses. Oh, and I wasn't whining either, just hoping that someone had fresher information and posted it. Funny like everybody who commented upon my post understood my intention, except you.

  4. #314
    Educator GreatNews2night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    04-07-17 @ 01:26 AM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    699

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Or sleeping. Some of us are night crawlers, you know.

    My advice to you: Whine less, debate more. Thanks.
    My advice to you: try to understand other people's posts a bit better, put down the personal attacks, and debate more. Thanks.

  5. #315
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun.....

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatNews2night View Post
    My advice to you: try to understand other people's posts a bit better, put down the personal attacks, and debate more. Thanks.
    If you're going to condemn a behavior it's best if you not perform that behavior as you condemn it.

    You really don't know what a personal attack is. When I attack your words, that's not a personal attack.

    You expect others to spoon-feed you information but what information have you posted yourself?
    Last edited by Jerry; 12-25-14 at 02:25 AM.

  6. #316
    Educator GreatNews2night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    04-07-17 @ 01:26 AM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    699

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun..... [W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Why should footage be immediately available to the public? If you shoot someone you have 72 hours to make a report. That's time to get a lawyer, review all the footage for yourself and prepare your story. The public has no need to do this, we're just bystanders, our ass isn't on the line.
    I didn't even say available *to the public* in my post - stop putting words in my mouth (it could be available first to investigators such as federal prosecutors), and the "immediately" could perfectly be toned down to 72 hours later if you insist. My point is that trust might be restored if the situations we are facing had been thoroughly documented so that we'd all know who is in the right or in the wrong. I mean, if we had unequivocal footage of this teen pulling a gun and pointing it at the police (and no, the surveillance video from a distance is not that; there is no way to clearly see a gun there; all that we see is an arm pointing forward), then nobody but the most radical extremists would be suggesting anything different than the officer's right to self defence and the righteousness in taking down the teen. By the way, the Freedom of Information act does establish that if such police videos are made, the citizens have a right to request their release, with the basic redaction being done (as in blurring the faces of bystanders, etc.). "The public has no need to do this" - no, "the people" as in the citizenry of a state/country have a keen interest in their police force being accountable and respectful of constitutional rights. So, yes, what you are calling "the public" and I'm calling "the people" do have a vested interest in it; our ass as you put it *is* on the line.

    Now, if you read my posts, they are all very balanced and give to both sides the benefit of the doubt, and also ask for accountability for protesters.

    Unlike you, I did not enter the debate with an uppity attitude, and full of personal attacks.

    Now, welcome to my Ignore list. I really don't have any interest in debating anything with you, beyond just responding to the two posts in which you attack me, and this third one in which you put words in my mouth. Now, have a nice life.

  7. #317
    Educator GreatNews2night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    04-07-17 @ 01:26 AM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    699

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    If you're going to condemn a behavior it's best if you not perform that behavior as you condemn it.

    You really don't know what a personal attack is. When I attack your words, that's not a personal attack.

    You expect others to spoon-feed you information but what information have you posted yourself?
    Sigh. Our posts crossed before I put you on ignore. Now I have, so this is the last comment. When you say I'm whining, you are calling me a whiner. You are not saying "I disagree with your complaint", you are just trying to offend me. Yes, I can see what a personal attack is. Some are explicit, some are indirect. Indirect as yours was (not really, but let's assume it was, for the sake of the argument) it was still a personal attack. Now, I did introduce new information, like another poster mentioned (that he didn't know about the gun pictures). I don't expect others to spoon-feed me information; I specifically gave examples of people in the are in Ukraine with access to info sooner and often better than the media, so I was inquiring/hoping for someone from the Ferguson/Berkeley area who would have fresh info. Now, since I'm NOT in Ukraine, or Ferguson/Berkeley, I did NOT have fresh information (I'm not planning to travel there to go get it). And you mentioned the gun in and out as if I was taking any sides in this issue - I was merely presenting possibilities. When you say stuff like "Apparently now you're saying the cop wasn't justified in shooting because he didn't wait for the teen to fire first" you grossly misunderstand what I was saying. I never said that. I just said in two opposite hypotheses, that if we *were* to support hypothesis B, it might be difficult to believe that the cop fired several shots and the teen who had the gun supposedly pointed at him didn't fire any (Hyp. B would be a cover-up and a planted gun - and hey, the police might have a gun with the serial number filed off, just for this purpose of planting it). Now, I did ALSO advance hypothesis A, in which there is no cover-up and the cop is entirely justified. I didn't support either hypothesis. So, NO, you didn't understand the intention, scope, or content of my post, and went immediately into an uppity attitude, with barely disguised personal attacks. Now, good-bye for good, like I said, other than for defending myself when attacked or misrepresented (which I did after each of the four posts where you attacked me or misrepresented me), I have ZERO interest in reading you, and have read you for the last time (would have missed your fourth misguided post if you hadn't replied before I was finished composing my third one).
    Last edited by GreatNews2night; 12-25-14 at 02:50 AM.

  8. #318
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun..... [W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatNews2night View Post
    I didn't even say available *to the public* in my post -
    The conversation is about finding public information.

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatNews2night View Post
    ....(it could be available first to investigators such as federal prosecutors)...
    What makes you think the information is not available to investigators, to then insist it should be?

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatNews2night View Post
    and the "immediately" could perfectly be toned down to 72 hours later if you insist.
    Immediate means immediate, not 72 hours later. You wanted the police dash-cam released to the public right then and there before the cop even had a chance to talk with the union rep and prepare a legal defense. I can only assume you desire a witch hunt.

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatNews2night View Post
    My point is that trust might be restored if the situations we are facing had been thoroughly documented so that we'd all know who is in the right or in the wrong.
    Ok this just happened so what makes you think it's not being thoroughly documented?

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatNews2night View Post
    I mean, if we had unequivocal footage of this teen pulling a gun and pointing it at the police (and no, the surveillance video from a distance is not that; there is no way to clearly see a gun there; all that we see is an arm pointing forward), then nobody but the most radical extremists would be suggesting anything different than the officer's right to self defence and the righteousness in taking down the teen.
    All the Ferguson protesters are "the most radical". The very protest itself is based on a life-long bully being killed while trying to kill a cop. Only the most radical racists participate in a Ferguson protest to begin with. They will not see the facts, they will only see a cop shooting a black teen.

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatNews2night View Post
    By the way, the Freedom of Information act does establish that if such police videos are made, the citizens have a right to request their release, with the basic redaction being done (as in blurring the faces of bystanders, etc.). "The public has no need to do this" - no, "the people" as in the citizenry of a state/country have a keen interest in their police force being accountable and respectful of constitutional rights. So, yes, what you are calling "the public" and I'm calling "the people" do have a vested interest in it; our ass as you put it *is* on the line.
    See? You want the dash-cams made available to the public right now, this very post.

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatNews2night View Post
    Now, if you read my posts, they are all very balanced and give to both sides the benefit of the doubt, and also ask for accountability for protesters.
    Why should I care about that? Post what you want, you aren't accountable to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatNews2night View Post
    Unlike you, I did not enter the debate with an uppity attitude, and full of personal attacks.
    You entered this debate whining about no one spoon-feeding you new information. You have a computer, use Google for yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatNews2night View Post
    Now, welcome to my Ignore list.
    Be sure that I'm not ignoring you and will continue to reply to your posts as I see fit

  9. #319
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun.....

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatNews2night View Post
    Sigh. Our posts crossed before I put you on ignore. Now I have, so this is the last comment.
    So you have put me on ignore yet are still responding to my posts. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of putting someone on ignore? It also shows that you want to respond to my posts, which should give you pause to consider your decision....this is a debate site, after all.

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatNews2night View Post
    When you say I'm whining, you are calling me a whiner....
    OMG please stop whining

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatNews2night View Post
    Now, I did introduce new information, like another poster mentioned (that he didn't know about the gun pictures).
    Was that me? Because I don't know about the gun pictures you mentioned either. I thought I asked about that. I can re-read the thread for a 3rd time to be sure but I don't think any have been posted.

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatNews2night View Post
    And you mentioned the gun in and out as if I was taking any sides in this issue - I was merely presenting possibilities.
    That's called speculation and it's my experience that nothing causes more drama on this website than speculation. People here like facts, evidence, and expect our speculation to be attacked when we present it....that is in fact why we present it, why we join a debate site in the first place.

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatNews2night View Post
    Now, good bye for good, like I said, other than for defending myself when attacked or misrepresented (which I did after each of the four posts where you attacked me or misrepresented me), I have ZERO interest in reading you, and have read you for the last time (would have missed your fourth misguided post if you hadn't replied before I was composing my third one).
    The ignore feature is your's to use as you see fit. I myself am not putting you on ignore and will continue to respond to your posts as I see fit.

  10. #320
    Educator GreatNews2night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    04-07-17 @ 01:26 AM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    699

    Re: Police: Officer in Missouri shot, Killed man who Pulled Gun.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    A video would shed more light on the incident, that's a fact

    Whether or not said new information would be good or bad, cause issues, or be ignored by people who have an issue with the cops is an entirely different discussion.

    Whether or not something will happen is a different question than whether or not it would be good if something happened.
    Thanks for the clarification. Good points. Still, I think that more videos would result in more transparency and more trust. Sure, the radical elements on both sides of the equation would not be swayed even by clear and indisputable videos - similarly to what conspiracy nuts say regardless of the contrary evidence that is thrown at them - but at least for more reasonable segments of society, more videos might result in more trust. Obviously this is also what police leadership thinks, otherwise they wouldn't be equipping cops with body cams and dashboard cams. At the very least, more videos would protect good cops from being unjustly accused.
    Last edited by GreatNews2night; 12-25-14 at 03:13 AM.

Page 32 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •